system-zero

The reasonable suggestion/improvement thread! READ OP FIRST!

So, I keep seeing a bunch of suggestions pop up that probably will be implemented, but not overly helpful at this point of development. I want to make a thread dedicated to reasonable things you'd like to see implemented in the next 1 or 2 builds, not a year down the track.

Post your suggestions and i will update the original post as they come in. I'll try to keep the thread updated and ignore irrelevant stuff so good suggestions don't get lost in 26 pages of bullshit. Anything that is confirmed will be marked.

Any points you would like to further discuss, post the dot point at the top of your reply and i will add reference's to anything relevant to that point (ie page number, post number)

If you are building upon someone else's post, make sure to to multi-quote all relevant posts so I can use that post as a reference.

Here is a few that I think will be good additions moving forward from the current build.

If you know of a thread that discusses one of these dot points, please add the point at the top of your post and a link to the thread (include the post number)

Anything deemed as unreasonable (ie ADD HELICOPTERS THAT FIRE RAZOR SHARP DORITOS) will not be added to the OP list.

18/10/15

system-zero:

-Lean toggle  **Confirmed- implemented in current build**

-Kick from squads  **Confirmed- implemented in current build**

-muting individual players (voice only)

-Smaller fob cap/visual indicator  **Confirmed- implemented in current build**

-Not allowing players to spawn if unassigned (idea from plussy, +++++ ingame name)

-Ability to assign someone as squad leader  **Confirmed- implemented in current build**

-Click for aim down sights, hold for focus

-Exclusion zone when fobs are destroyed (cant place fobs in area for 5 mins)

Madhouse:

-Clan/Group Prefix (Tags)

Sparcany:

-Shoulder (hip) fire inaccuracy (explanation post #3) (weapon sway when not ADS is changed in current build)

Chancebrahh:

-Being able to rest your weapon / deploy bipod (bipod equipped weapons have less recoil when prone in current build)

-The peaking over / around walls
-Crouch sprint
-Free look/Independent head movement

-Each class for the US force to have the option between the 2 scopes (or more) and iron sights

-Notification when a new squad leader is selected

-Grid size for each map written below the map

-Roll while prone (each roll uses stamina)

M813RDL:

-Detailed reload function. (further explanation/additions post #11) Thread discussing detailed reloading: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/6188-extended-magazine-and-reload-mechanics/

Amerkican:

-Resize Map and Opacity (0 - 100% slider)

-Dynamic deployables before you set them down (not fixed position)

-Individual Radio Channel Volume Control

-Toggle for W (move forward NOT sprint)

-Ability to fall farther, or get less hurt from it

-Dive - forward or backward.  Only if player has momentum. (further descussion post #16)

-Mantling - make climbing over something possible. (further descussion post #16)

19/10/15

+++++:

-Squad leader quick marker (as seen in PR)

-Increased volume on footsteps

-topographic lines in an overlay to the map, suggested by =7Cav=Kibs.M @ http://forums.joinsq...etails/?p=95224

invisible.nin/SINE:

-change the ingame-name unrelated to the STEAM name

Shoulder (hip) fire inaccuracy. Coming from a heavy CS background I don't even use the sights at all anymore, the Jaun Deags are too strong even when moving.

Being able to rest your weapon / deploy bipod
The peaking over / around walls
Crouch sprint
Free look

Each class for the US force to have the option between the 2 scopes (or more) and iron sights

Notification when a new squad leader is selected

Grid size for each map written below the map

Roll while prone (each roll uses stamina)

Ability to make compass bigger

Detailed reload function. Something along the lines of tap R once, quickly, to do a 'tactical' reload and not retain your magazine; hold R down for a short amount of time to do a 'full' reload and retain that ammunition/magazine.

Detailed reload function. Something along the lines of tap R once, quickly, to do a 'tactical' reload and not retain your magazine; hold R down for a short amount of time to do a 'full' reload and retain that ammunition/magazine.

Like GroundBranch?

Like GroundBranch?

i havent played or invested any attention into groundbranch so i cant answer this question

On this note a check mag option would be great.

On this note a check mag option would be great.

tap R for quick reload, hold R for a rose of mag options?? (ie Check mag, reload to pouch, drop)

maybe the ability to pick up your dropped mags if you manage to get out of trouble?

Reloading at ammunition only refills the mags you have on you and doesn't replace discarded mags?

tap R for quick reload, hold R for a rose of mag options?? (ie Check mag, reload to pouch, drop)

maybe the ability to pick up your dropped mags if you manage to get out of trouble?

Reloading at ammunition only refills the mags you have on you and doesn't replace discarded mags?

Yep,would like that option myself aswell.

Yep,would like that option myself aswell.

A good little improvement. Would add another nice gameplay element- People running back to recover their mags!! A bit of work would have to go into it though, so not sure it would be an option in the next build or 2.

A good little improvement. Would add another nice gameplay element- People running back to recover their mags!! A bit of work would have to go into it though, so not sure it would be an option in the next build or 2.

Totally agree with you sir!.Can't see this either happening soon,but we could be wrong,just hoping here!

Resize Map and Opacity (0 - 100% slider)

Dynamic deployables before you set them down (not fixed position)

Individual Radio Channel Volume Control

Toggle for W (move forward NOT sprint)

Ability to fall farther, or get less hurt from it

Dive - forward or backward.  Only if player has momentum.

Mantling - make climbing over something possible

Resize Map and Opacity (0 - 100% slider)

Dynamic deployables before you set them down (not fixed position)

Individual Radio Channel Volume Control

Toggle for W (move forward NOT sprint)

Ability to fall farther, or get less hurt from it

Dive - forward or backward.  Only if player has momentum.

Mantling - make climbing over something possible

Can you please further explain point 2, 4, 

Mantling- in terms of wall size, would you be thinking of maybe shoulder height or less? Put gun away, mantle, take gun back out?

Diving, I wouldn't mind some kind of different animation from sprinting to prone. Not quite as YOLO as the red orchestra interpenetration. Is that what you're thinking?

Multi quote if/when replying!

Sparcany could you elaborate further? 

From those crates you select your kit from in game, animation to literally pick up a weapon. 

Instead of jumping by a wall you climb or step over. (Those low walls you kind of vault over, the lower buildings you jump and pull yourself up) Could even have a buddy lift system to get higher but I see climbing small things to be better than just jumping looking like a derp. 

Add doors, let players open them, kick them, or breach them. (Oh ho ho? Breacher role?)

Add doors to vehicles, animation to get into a vehicle. 

+1 for reload variation (tap v hold)

-1 for menus. I hate menus.

Can we implement that SL marker from PR/Verdun? Look in a direction, hold Q or whatever, and it drops a mark that your squad can see on their hud/compass whatever - and also on the map. 

As much as I like fighting against the weird marker hud on the strangely offset battle-map while being shot at, this would be quicker.

Also, both the Taliban and US forces have +20 in Light Foot because I've had dudes in 30kg+ webbing run past me at full sprint, on rocks, and I still can't hear them. I feel like the footsteps sound should be 4-5 times louder. 

Ability to vote in or vote out squad leader.

I already got one about the ability to delegate a squad leader. I'm more talking about if you are going to leave, or you want to pass it to someone you can do so. voting out would just cause people to rage lol.

-a free aim system which isn't shit

-accuracy penalty when moving even if sighted - (could be hard to code this in combination with bulletdrop)

-accuracy penalty for hipfire - (same as above)

-weapon crew kits(HMG Team, GMG Team, ATGM Team - more mobile than their stationary counterparts but they come with less protection and ammo)

-magazine check(how much ammo you have left in the currently inserted mag)

-equipment check(how much of your equipment you still have with you - a quick overview on your grenades, mags, patches, etc. so you don't have to scroll through each type)

-map layers - Amounts and types of available assets for both team vary depending on (player choice? maybe one day...?) selected layer

-stabilizers for tanks and other vehicles that have it

-high view distance

-battles that involve 2 armies teaming up vs. another one(or two), eg. US+UK vs. Russia

-translucent red dot and iron sights

Guess I'll leave it at that.

-a free aim system which isn't shit

-accuracy penalty when moving even if sighted - (could be hard to code this in combination with bulletdrop)

-accuracy penalty for hipfire - (same as above)

-weapon crew kits(HMG Team, GMG Team, ATGM Team - more mobile than their stationary counterparts but they come with less protection and ammo)

-magazine check(how much ammo you have left in the currently inserted mag)

-equipment check(how much of your equipment you still have with you - a quick overview on your grenades, mags, patches, etc. so you don't have to scroll through each type)

-map layers - Amounts and types of available assets for both team vary depending on (player choice? maybe one day...?) selected layer

-stabilizers for tanks and other vehicles that have it

-high view distance

-battles that involve 2 armies teaming up vs. another one(or two), eg. US+UK vs. Russia

-translucent red dot and iron sights

Guess I'll leave it at that.

A bunch of this is not a reasonable request over the next 2 builds or has already been listed in the OP