BlackPlague

FPS Issues on Multiplayer but not on single player

OK so I have been looking all around forums to resolve my issues with FPS and I noticed a few differences. On single player I get 70 to 120 fps average inside compounds which is fine but when I go to a mountain top of a hill and look into the distance it drops to 30 to 36 FPS which is understandable. Also the settings are at High for distance, textures and effects everything else on low. But here's the kicker, on multiplayer I play with the same settings or DROP everything to low and I can never get past 19 FPS. The best part is when I change the settings from epic to low the FPS stays at 19! Doesn't go past that. Now my computer isnt the best but its also not the worst. I can run every game at about high to medium settings and get 50 FPS. Ex: BF4, Insurgency, Red orchestra.

Also I noticed my CPU runs at about 50 percent...

SPECS:

Windows 8.1

AMD A4-6300 APU with integrated graphics card. (Dual Core)

Nvidia Geforce 960 GTX

8 GB Ram

Internet speed 60 mbps

So if anyone can give me any insight on why the big fluctuation especially Devs.

For one, this game, at the moment, is CPU heavy. For two, people are getting FPS drops due to some server side issues but they are being resolved very soon. If you can afford it, you should try and upgrade to a newer intel 4 core chip, it will be a drastic difference. 

I have yet to experince anything except for Server Lag, I don't get any lag unless my squadmates do too. Army126 said, "For one, this game, at the moment, is CPU heavy. For two, people are getting FPS drops due to some server side issues but they are being resolved very soon. If you can afford it, you should try and upgrade to a newer intel 4 core chip, it will be a drastic difference." I agree with this, if you can afford it buy the new one. Might aswell sense it will help you in more than just Squad, however I assume an update will be coming out realtively soon, however I don't know. Hope you get better FPS soon, and can enjoy the game more!

Also a few specifications of my computer are:

- Nvidia GTX 770

- Mini ITX Motherboard

- Intel i7 Processor

- 16 GB Memory

- LG 2560x1080 Monitor

I get 70+ frames on everything epic.

Thanks for the replys, Yeah I know the CPU is crap. I just bought a i5-4590 that should clear my bottle neck right up and give me an FPS boost. But I still posted this just to see what might be happening. But your right the sever side has some issues being that it is a pre-alpha. I cant get a game going if there's more then 30 people. FPS just drops and this seems to be an issue with a lot of people.

Thanks for the replys, Yeah I know the CPU is crap. I just bought a i5-4590 that should clear my bottle neck right up and give me an FPS boost. But I still posted this just to see what might be happening. But your right the sever side has some issues being that it is a pre-alpha. I cant get a game going if there's more then 30 people. FPS just drops and this seems to be an issue with a lot of people.

Hope you bought a new mobo to go along with it :)

The game's performance will get better over time as they optimize things and as the DirectX 12 features are added. Performance might get worse though before it gets better. When vehicles come in, that's going to make some of our rigs fall flat on their face.  I'm confident it will get better though. 

Just got and installed a i5-4590 and new mobo. Game is at a consistent 70 plus frames on epic all settings. So if your having bad fps get a better cpu and or graphics card.

alpha mate. i5 780ti all good on epic all mapsbut kohat 8 fps...  its alpha the devs are amazing things will improve.

yeah server performance is a huge factor. once the server tanks fps goes out the window no matter what rig you have. Notice it a little bit on 50 man servers that have been up for awhile but the 70 and 80 man servers struggle big time.