smo0ths

Performance tweaks for extra FPS.

525 posts in this topic

I've made a shortlink to this thread for ingame recommendation:

http://tinyurl.com/squadperformancev1

Found this website at some point, might be useful to some. Lots of interesting stuff there for me. It lists hundreds of different UE variables and explains what they do.

http://www.kosmokleaner.de/ownsoft/UE4CVarBrowser.html

Thanks, very interesting!

I've been using that site to even though its a older engine dump it still helps

I've been using that site to even though its a older engine dump it still helps

looking forward to your update!!!  

Hi there, guys!

How do you think, with configuration such as mine 

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.66 ghz

HD 6770 1gb

4GB RAM

1280x1024

will squad run with framerate above 30 or higher?

You will need to upgrade, even i do...

Phenom II X4 40 @3.6ghz

660ti OC 1136mhz

8gb 1600mhz

Said it before and i'll say it again. Do not base a build around an Alpha.. They is work here to be done that will help frame rates.

Said it before and i'll say it again. Do not base a build around an Alpha.. They is work here to be done that will help frame rates.

As much as this is true, I doubt that you will ever have a "stable" frame rate with his CPU. When the big maps and vehicles are in and the 100 player server are the standard he will most likely need an upgrade.

EDT: At least if he wants to play with more then 30-40 FPS

After inputting the changes I recieved an error message titled: "The UE4-Squad Game has crashed and will now close!" And said "Fatal error!"

What step did I miss? xD

You've got a virus!!

Stick your PC in the bath and give in a good scrubbing

(Apply to fresh install, delete C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Squad when installing again)

Also looking into C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Logs will give you a reason for the crash

pls dont post 10000000 lines of code in here though thanks :P

edit:

I just reinstalled deleted everything did the first method and bam 28 fps increase no way to benchmark in game with all the cpu and gpu effects i've turned down that really help performance though but i feel it in-game, its the difference between playable and not for me.

I dont know what ya did wrong bruv, just try again

You've got a virus!!

Stick your PC in the bath and give in a good scrubbing

Thanks! I knew it smelled weird for a reason...

actually i may have left a command in BaseScalability updated doing more testing on that

Well it allows you to change from lowest to ultra with some optimizations like med. shadows gets more fps and some other settings are a little optimized or corrected.

I would suggest people with higher end rigs that want to run ultra but need some more fps without losing much quality to paste:

r.Shadow.MaxResolution=1024 under r.PostProcessAAQuality= then set the game to ultra

Well it allows you to change from lowest to ultra with some optimizations like med. shadows gets more fps and some other settings are a little optimized or corrected.

I would suggest people with higher end rigs that want to run ultra but need some more fps without losing much quality to paste:

r.Shadow.MaxResolution=1024 under r.PostProcessAAQuality= then set the game to ultra

Sweet, thanks. I'll give this a try.

As much as this is true, I doubt that you will ever have a "stable" frame rate with his CPU. When the big maps and vehicles are in and the 100 player server are the standard he will most likely need an upgrade.

EDT: At least if he wants to play with more then 30-40 FPS

Shiiiiiittt.

I have a 6700k and will need an upgrade when 100 player servers with vehicles are the norm, lmao! Game thread needs to be optimized(common knowledge, I'm just sayin').

100 vs 50 players will probably double my game thread which will send my frame times to around 25 roughly. That's 40fps. ;)

Max shadow res is a good tweak. Dont lose much quality. You can even go to 512 instead of 1024 if you really want some frames back

yeah i put med shadows on 512 in my scalability edit because 1024 really isn't needed on med good fps gains there, i tried figuring out how to get the SSAO static mess to be solid but no go, probably engine problem

Your freaking rig will be fine for years seamoo <_<

Only with well optimized games. :(

I'll sell you my 2500k + Mobo + RAM for 125 shipped but that might not be a huge upgrade from the x4 you have.