Sign in to follow this  
wavefunction

Two suggestions

I just started playing the pre-alpha on Sunday and am loving it so far! The foundations of an excellent game are already in place and it's still very early in development so it can only get better from here.

I just had a few suggestions I wanted to give after several long play sessions. I'm curious as to whether or not they'll be implemented:

- Stamina being affected by inclines. I don't think players being able to sprint up hills at the same speed they do on even ground should be possible in this type of game.

- Weapon raise/lower stances should be added eventually. Having the weapon raised at all times when running looks more suited to a game like Counterstrike than a game like Squad. It could be kept simple and bound to mouse1 so that you could click once to raise the weapon with subsequent clicks allowing you to hip fire (the weapon could drop automatically after moving for a bit without firing).

Nice post! I was wondering about this yesterday. I was watching my stamina bar depleting when running on an incline. It seems to be that the stamina-bar depletes at the same rate as walking on a straight surface. I would like to see the depletion-rate increases when walking on an incline and run at a slower pace.

I don't know if this already suggested or because it's alpha it's not yet implemented. But i think it'll be a realistic.

The weapon raise thing you talk about will also be a nice feature imho.

Yep nice one mate...If i'm correct,stamina is still working-in-process!.

Weapons raising/lowering,not sure about this one,when you running the weapon is lowered & the present mechanics are good.

Just need to wait & see what other implementations on character movements they bring.

Weapons raising/lowering,not sure about this one,when you running the weapon is lowered & the present mechanics are good.

The thing about Squad is that it's the type of game where you're only engaged in combat 5-20% of the time (in typical modes like AAS or Insurgency) and it looks odd for everyone in staging areas or everyone walking from one place to another to have their weapons up at all times. It makes sense in Battlefield or CoD because those games don't have much downtime, however games like PR and Arma have a lot of downtime. The reason PR didn't have weapon raising/lowering I believe is due to engine limitations, but there is no reason not to do it now. 

All I'm suggesting really is having the weapon down by default when not in ADS. If you want to keep it up, you can keep iron sights raised with Mouse2. If you want to raise your weapon for hip fire in a CQB type situation, you could just click Mouse1 and it would stay raised unless you walked for more than 10-15 seconds consecutively at which point it would lower automatically assuming you were patrolling/walking. 

I think it's a pretty simple system that no one would have any problems with, one which would lead to an aesthetic improvement in the game. Personally, after playing a lot of Arma (2/3) I've come to hate how a weapon always takes up 1/4th or 1/3rd of your screen even when you're not using it, especially in games that require you to have situational awareness. 

i'm thinking this should really be more suited for the" suggestions" section? interesting ideas , tho

- Stamina being affected by inclines. I don't think players being able to sprint up hills at the same speed they do on even ground should be possible in this type of game.

- Weapon raise/lower stances should be added eventually. Having the weapon raised at all times when running looks more suited to a game like Counterstrike than a game like Squad. It could be kept simple and bound to mouse1 so that you could click once to raise the weapon with subsequent clicks allowing you to hip fire (the weapon could drop automatically after moving for a bit without firing).

1. Got to talk it over with the team.
  2. Yes, we will likely be doing some sort of weapon lowering stance in the future. We did not care for the longest time, but even I am starting to get annoyed by having the weapon up all the time. So...yeah...

I always felt the weapon was already raised in a "ready to pop someone" stance while you run around, I thought raising your weapon would mean raising the weapon to your eyes. I might be crazy, but you want to be able to lower your weapon even further? This means....firing from the hip might actually become a thing?

I also want to say the % of time spent in combat at present is much much higher than 5-20%, I would go so far as to say over 50% of the time I spent playing involved exchanging flying pieces of metal with those friendly guys toting AKs.

I just started playing the pre-alpha on Sunday and am loving it so far! The foundations of an excellent game are already in place and it's still very early in development so it can only get better from here.

I just had a few suggestions I wanted to give after several long play sessions. I'm curious as to whether or not they'll be implemented:

Been thinking about this when watching gameplay vids. Speed through water, brush, fields and tall grass should also result in slower movement.

i'm thinking this should really be more suited for the" suggestions" section? interesting ideas , tho

I'm new to the forums (I prefer the subreddit), didn't realize there was a suggestions section! 

Hey!

I think the stamina system is on the to-do list. If i remember correctly..

I like the raise / lower system which you suggested. I think it adds another feature to the game that it will increase the feeling of being a soldier when you're playing. I don't really know how to describe the feeling though.. It gives you more control over your character, which is something I like too.

And welcome to the community!