dempsi

should i be getting beter FPS?

i have a athlon 860k and a r9 280 dual x and i only get about 24 fps.....should i be getting more fps with this hardware?

Your CPU is probably the weak point here.

FPS seem to fit, lower your graphic settings and see if it makes a difference.

Tip: Tweak the draw distance and shadow quality especially.

There is a direct x pre req download that comes with the email when you register. I found a video on it in these forums. You download it open and it has all bunch of files with dates and one stands out I believe a direct x exe. I ran it as administrator and followed the prompt. It has helped a lot of people so far. I went from 19-21 thinking I could get better results I started searching. Found this fix played last night at steady 45-60. So people getting 10-30 fps difference. Hope this helps you. Also many people are downloading this pre req file but not running it. Good luck.

There is a direct x pre req download that comes with the email when you register. I found a video on it in these forums. You download it open and it has all bunch of files with dates and one stands out I believe a direct x exe. I ran it as administrator and followed the prompt. It has helped a lot of people so far. I went from 19-21 thinking I could get better results I started searching. Found this fix played last night at steady 45-60. So people getting 10-30 fps difference. Hope this helps you. Also many people are downloading this pre req file but not running it. Good luck.

Good point, here are the links you're talking about:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Shadows are really intensive on the CPU, at least for me, so when I run the game on Very High, I tune down the shadows to High, usually just one setting back from the rest :)

Should get you a few extra FPS's, enough to make the game properly!

be advised that , in my opinion, this game doesn't seem to run well on AMD products.  i've got an R9 280 and it's running 100% gpu load at med-high settings.

be advised that , in my opinion, this game doesn't seem to run well on AMD products. i've got an R9 280 and it's running 100% gpu load at med-high settings.

I have a GTX770 and I'm running nearly 100% load as well.

AMD user here and it's fair to say NVidia products are handling the game better at this point. Shadows play a large part, and some of the particle effects will start to slow you down when they all start popping off onscreen at once (RPG, nade, rounds hitting the wall next to you, the muzzle flashes, it can get pretty hectic real quick). I personally lower most settings to medium/low but draw distance seems to be fine on high once your shadows are down.

Keep in mind there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and optimization will start to become more prominent when time permits, the developers have a lot on their plates and need to budget time as best they can. Try to make due for now, and have faith things will shape up for us AMD users.

agreed- i'm holding around 40-65 FPS ( unless i'm in  a smoke cloud in a poppy field - that's bad mmmmkay !) . Looking forward to see how the game  progresses.

It's the CPU. I have a 980ti with a 2500k and get 35-45 fps in a 70 player server. 25-30ms game, 8-20ms draw.

/thread