desen

Voice activation

35 posts in this topic

Hello.

What do you think about voice activation?

I play since years with voice activation in teamspeak.

In squad I miss the voice activation option sometimes really bad.

dear god: Please never allow voice activation.

Cause we all love hearing people chew -- breathe -- talk to their mom -- fart.

Too many people will put the speakers right next to their mic.

Perhaps you may use it correctly, but most people who use VA will either be too oblivious or just inconsiderate of others. Unfortunately, the majority of VA users can't be bothered to set up their stuff correctly, so the most efficient way to deal with it is to have no VA in the game, even though it also punishes the VA users who can actually do it correctly.

agreed - there seems to be no good way to allow voice activation while controlling mouth-breathers, etc

Well you have a maximum of 8 other people in your squad.

Not that big deal to manage them.

If you got surprised and you are from one second to another in close combat you cant hit the push to talk key because you are fighting for your life with nails and teeths.

And that are the 3-6 seconds you cant talk to your squadmembers.

ah -i see ; hmmm do the benefits outweigh the drawbacks ? that is the question. Glad i'm not a dev...

In december with the riflemen launch i play with some other guys ( we played arma and ro a lot together).

I think we gonna use teamspeak only because there we have voice activation.

Everytime I play with people on TS that can't set up voice activation properly a kitten dies in a microwave. Please don't add this.

If you got surprised and you are from one second to another in close combat you cant hit the push to talk key because you are fighting for your life with nails and teeths.

PTT should be an instinct, not a reaction. If it takes 3-6 seconds for you to actuate your PTT key, you need to move it to a more accessible key. For me, putting TS on left thumb and in-game local/squad radios on left forefinger allows instant comms as well as maneuvering and/or firing without any problems.

Also, sequestering your squad on TS runs counter to the focus of the game.

So it should be clear that you have more benefits with voice activation than problems with mouthbreathers if teamspeak will be used as an alternative.

And the 3-6 seconds are the combat time in which you need all fingers to handle the situation.

So it should be clear that you have more benefits with voice activation than problems with mouthbreathers if teamspeak will be used as an alternative.

?????

My hatred for voice activation is (no offence people) 
1. Dogs barking
2. baby's crying

either of those make me want to rage quit the game,
and you can change keybindings, you only need 1-2 fingers of your left hand to move if you are in combat, so you have 3 other fingers not buying used.
you can also bind it to your middle mouse click i believe.

Voice activation is for people who struggle to play games if you can't handle using an extra button or your reaction time is that shit!. When your dead you can still talk to team mates so even if your reaction isn't that quick you can still inform them. I personally have my left thumb sitting between both talk keys ready to inform teammates or squad.

By the way have if it takes you 3-6 whole seconds to find and push the talk key maybe you should change it or take a day or two to learn where what buttons are where on your keyboard lol.

I don't want to listen to the cheetoh dust being expelled out of your mouth as you breathe.

And the 3-6 seconds are the combat time in which you need all fingers to handle the situation.

What?

can you walk and chew bubble gum?

OK in country, in field, in real life you dont have VOX. unless you are hot mic for something like sling load hookup you use the PTT.

If you have issues in game maybe get a new mouse that has side buttons and bind one for PTT...

What?

can you walk and chew bubble gum?

OK in country, in field, in real life you dont have VOX. unless you are hot mic for something like sling load hookup you use the PTT.

If you have issues in game maybe get a new mouse that has side buttons and bind one for PTT...

Well same could be said about mics if your mic can pick up breathing or any background noise then you need to get a better mic.

Edit: in real life you don't need to press a button to speak to the people around you as well

remap PTT to a button that works better.  I use my mouse button. I can talk while doing everything else.

Sorry but voice activated mic users annoy me for all of the reasons mentioned by others. It's true that you don't have to press a button to talk in real life, but I still feel like the tiny distraction of using PTT while under fire helps to simulate a breakdown of communication that I assume may tend to happen in a real battle when you have rounds hitting all around you. 

As others already stated above - it's more of an annoyance than help, I'm completely against it.

​It would only cause echoing, baby sounds in the background ruin your gaming experience, because certain people will never learn that it annoys other people. They just don't care enough to change it.

​Teamspeak simply teaches about that if you use it for a while, and for any VA addicts: You can have TS active in the background and talk to those people who want to hear you chewing.

im really against that.. the PTT system in the game is what's makes it fun.. the va like everyone said is not for everyone.. no one want to hear w/e going on there if it's screaming or barking or idk..

+ teamspeak takes a part of the game in a bad way..

the whole idea is to use the PTT in game.

Just speaking for myself I dont like voice activation.  PTT is the way to stay.  Ive had guys in my clan on TS using VOX and I created a open mic channel and I would move them there because it was annoying the rest of us.