SHOT(by)GUN

Linux Users Report in here!

Linux  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you use Linux ?

• Secondary operating system
    • Primary operating system
    • Only operating system
    • Other (unix, mac, windows, other unsupported linux)

I currently use only Linux operating system. I just wonder if I am totally alone with this, or is there any other Linux users out there?  :rolleyes:

No you are not alone. Linux is love, linux is life :)

I admit though I still use Win7 as secondary OS. Mostly for playing Project Reality.

If I could game on Linux like I can in Windows I'd switch to it full time. Currently I only mess around with Ubuntu and others in a Vbox machine to know what I am missing out on.

I used to run Linux as my primary operating system until the spring of 2015 when an AMD driver decided to cook my HD6970 within the window manager and I would have loved to kept it as such, but it's always been a hassle (or at least a time consuming experience) not to mention my favorite games not running natively (or in wine for that matter) and now I'm back on Spyware 10 (and have been since the July 29th release) everything is running buttery smooth and silent.

Can you even run Squad on Linux? If so, I'll switch to arch linux and cut my gaming down to civ5/squad immediately.. The only reason I use Windows is for DayZ and Empire Earth.

edit: And nobody likes Linux. Windows has much better drivers + native DirectX. Linux will be my rock - it's the fastest and most stable os.. It's just a shame no-one supports it :/