R3dundantC

Idea For Medic Class

Hands down, my favorite thing to do in PR was play as the squad medic. One of the frustrating things for me was when a teammate got shot in a street or in a doorway and his body is just stuck there until you can get your squad into position, provide covering fire and smoke, and then hope I'm not picked off while attempting to revive. This is usually followed by the downed teammate crawling in every direction but to you while you try to patch him up. I always thought a better system would be to be able grab your downed teammate by a shoulder strap or pull handle on his vest and drag him away from the kill zone to a spot where you could safely revive him. It's just a little thing but I think it would at a lot more immersion to the game.36341388.jpg

to be honest, it's faster to revive someone and get them to cover, then to drag them out, just remember to throw a patch of their body.

to be honest, it's faster to revive someone and get them to cover, then to drag them out, just remember to throw a patch of their body.

You're assuming that Squad will use the exact same "Drop patch -> instant health" method.

Dragging bodies is an obvious mechanic the should certainly be implimented. It doesn't even matter if you don't impliment proper animations, I'd be totally fine with medics having telekinetic abilities that allow them to slowly push/pull ragdolls that are right next to them.

You're assuming that Squad will use the exact same "Drop patch -> instant health" method.

Dragging bodies is an obvious mechanic the should certainly be implimented. It doesn't even matter if you don't impliment proper animations, I'd be totally fine with medics having telekinetic abilities that allow them to slowly push/pull ragdolls that are right next to them.

+1

think this idea has been mentione before, if not as a whole thread, as a comment. dragging or full carry would be great coupled with a good medic system.

yes, that's what what could make the medic role more interesting, not the unnecessarily complex diagnosis and treatment systems.

I think this was almost like confirmed already? Not sure though, but I remember it being suggested a while ago.. and honestly, who doesnt want this.

I bit quicker than Arma I would say. Nothing quicker than doc or another infantryman dragging his buddy to safety. 

Yup. +1 from me as well.

I'm not the biggest fan of reviving someone who then out of nowhere jumps up like nothing happend ...and especialy not the grenade that landed 2ft away from him... to run for cover and be healed there.

I bit quicker than Arma I would say. Nothing quicker than doc or another infantryman dragging his buddy to safety. 

I could see it get pretty interesting too, with squads dragging their wounded and setting up a triage in some of the larger, more intense battles. I don't know if it needs to go as far as a fireman's carry or a using a litter (Because PR was never a sim, and that's what kept it fun for me anyways. I always felt it was a good inbetween of Insurgency mod and Arma)  but at the least the ability to yank a buddy who got dropped in a doorway back to your medic would add an interesting dynamic to the game.

I was also just thinking, perhaps even add bandage models so you can see what players are currently wounded and patched ups_a23_72912030.jpg

my retort was to the OP saying how "difficult" it is to revive in PR, I'm all for dragging wounded bodies, but I want everyone to be able to do it, not just the medic.  

my retort was to the OP saying how "difficult" it is to revive in PR, I'm all for dragging wounded bodies, but I want everyone to be able to do it, not just the medic.  

Further to this - anyone should be able to drag anyone else, dead or wounded. Bodies make useful cover in a pinch.

I definitely agree with the idea that anyone can drag an incapacitated player, no reason why a teammate can't help out the medic. For example, if the medic himself is already wounded then it would be less risky for another unwounded player (assuming that the medic cannot just heal himself back to full health without any persistant penalties) to pull the downed teammate into cover so that the medic can treat them. 

I make a NEW SUGGESTION to this since the TITLE is so broad and this were first broad scope titled topic on medics.

In my mind medics should have some simple visual indicator of all own players health condition. That could be done (visible only to medic) adding ie. numeric value or a cross or something which chance color on the players nametag that is shown in closeranges while pointing friendly units as seen on the ie. last live broadcast. This would make it more possible to medics to keep their squad on working condition compared that there is bunch of injured soldiers running around, even when those players would not call/inform the medic he still have ability to determinate the health of nearby units.

I also want to make a suggestion. After reviving the player can not immediately get up for one minute, only crawl on the ground. It would look less arcadish than now in PR, but save gameplay, players will be less play Rambo, players can drag the wounded, that combined with the suggestion in the top. 

I think this was almost like confirmed already? Not sure though, but I remember it being suggested a while ago.. and honestly, who doesnt want this.

Yup, buddy drag will be in eventually.

Anyone can buddy drag not just the medic, all the medic does is heal.

+2 

I think the ability to drag is important as well. I love to play medic but when you're the only one and you now have to step out into a murder hole just to attempt to revive while your team has no visual contact with the gunman is unfortunate. however if you can grab and pull him out of the murder hole's and the streets combined with smoke and cover fire just to get a little cover is perfect!

Medic! Totally agree....just adding idea...add ambulance for medics

That only medics can drive to pick up wounded in line of fire

On the ground? Van auto loads them or they are dragged onto

Guarney to be loaded in back?

Just throwing idea out there...

+1

you could also make a certain point for soldiers where you need to bring the wounded to if they are to heavy wounded to heal them in the field...