charliebrownau

FREE PC BETA for Star Wars Battlefront

Are you still Playing dcs ?? I am very excited to see dcs World 2 !

Man I just started reading the A10C manual on DCS 1.5, I haven't flied yet

kind of like dating a brainless supermodel, i imagine. 

I would give that a go at least once - just sayin :-P

I like it, it's fun. Not $80 worth of fun, but still fun.

I love Star Wars but I will never buy this game because of EA. They are da worst.

Gave it a try, sound ambiance is 150% SW-friendly and really, really good sound immersion ; graphics (explosions...) looks very good...

Still many things to improve (spawn system is just a monstruous sh!t) but we all know EA/DICE is well-known for their games well-made, always up-to-date and bugless :) :huh: ^_^ :D :lol: :rolleyes:

Definitely wont buy it. + baserapers, spawnkillers of any kinds are still in the place...

But like Foist said, it is still a good entertainement.

Battlefront is slap in the face for the gamers, but since they count on people who are die hard fans of the Starwars Franchise to pay for the game 3A full price and SP is not even included .... I bought BF3 and BF4 when they were at $5  price just to play the single player.  BFBC2 on another hand was  real fun and I spent lots of hours then, paid $49 for it but never regret spending the money.

You had me at FREE and lost me at ORIGIN

The other night I was bored, decided to try BF4's new updates (Night maps, community map, etc.)

I couldn't even get past Battlelog, and hardly any servers were showing up for me.

What an absolute dumpster fire of a game.

Man I just started reading the A10C manual on DCS 1.5, I haven't flied yet

Oh ok... make sure you have time ;) because you will need it !! it took,s 15 to 20 minutes only to start the A-10c !! but it,s fun, love this Game/Simulation...

But it's so sad - I always imagine what Battlefront could be if they would release it 1 year later.. Oh the wasted potential!

Gave it a try, sound ambiance is 150% SW-friendly and really, really good sound immersion ; graphics (explosions...) looks very good...

I agree with the sound effects and most graphics, but the explosions? They look like they came out of an 80's action movie. Worst explosions I have seen in a game by far

Oh ok... make sure you have time ;) because you will need it !! it took,s 15 to 20 minutes only to start the A-10c !! but it,s fun, love this Game/Simulation...

I thought a fighter plane could start up quicker than that, what happens is they have SCRAMBLE ?

I'm really sad that the games graphics are awesome, and also the animations are pretty cool. But the game is another bunch of shit, once again produced by fucking EA. The decisions they made to milk extra money out of this game are absolutely retarded. I really hope that people will finally stop buying EA crap, soon...

edit; If anyone here lives close to a EA office, please poop in front of their front door for me. Thanks!

What a junk from EA.

I tried to play the beta for the mere reason that I was a huge Battlefront fan but could not because EA in its wisdom thought of checking my drivers first.

I have a Quadro GPU yet EA's crap gpu check detects it as a GeForce and doesn't start the game because I don't have driver version 355. Guess what, Quadro is at 354.13 so far.

Ironically if I try to use the integrated gpu I get a message saying I'm using older drivers but it asks me if I want to continue. But of course it then crashes.

WTF?

Now that my rant is over and I've cooled down, I must say I'm not impressed with the game from what I've seen.

Comes up with some interesting ideas and makes good use of the Star Wars IP but it doesn't seem to take advantage of what made Battlefront great. Too much like Battlefield I guess. It's still just Beta but hopes are not high for this one.

As many others have stated, I've been burned by EA (as well as Activision) one too many times. I'm giving my money to developers and publishers who's first goal is creating high quality games for their fans rather than seeing how much money they can squeeze out of the community

I really wanted to be excited about Battlefront, I really did. It's just not worth it in the end for me. I have limited play time so the majority will go to Squad and supporting people who care about their customers

I thought a fighter plane could start up quicker than that, what happens is they have SCRAMBLE ?

Yea the Fighters are up quiker, but less fun than the a-10c ;)  the tutorials are very helpfull,so try it and let me know what you think about the simulation...

I've been giving Star Wars a fair shake, and I think it's fun for the casual gamer. Not bad if you only have a 5-10 minutes to play a game, and you like the immersion and novelty of playing in the star wars universe.

It's like playing a movie a trailer instead of watching one. But it's only the trailer.

They will make plenty of money on it, and good for them. They're not in the business of pleasing a small, select group of hard-core gamers. They're trying to stay in business and turn a profit in a very competitive marketplace.

I won't spend the money on it, because I won't get my moneys' worth, but I wouldn't call it crap. That's just being hyperbolic. It's a decent game for what it is. It looks beautiful, easy to pick up, and really puts you in the moment. They may get a whole slew of gen x'ers and the like that don't really play video games, but they might if it was star wars. More people gaming is more good for all of us.

I wish them success, but I don't think they'll find it here.

If you have an extra 11Gbs on your rig, give it a go. Origin DL'd it for me in like 10 minutes at 12Mb/s. It will uninstall just as easily. At least that way, you'll have a reason to talk shit. wink.png wink.png wink.png

I'm really sad that the games graphics are awesome, and also the animations are pretty cool. But the game is another bunch of shit, once again produced by fucking EA. The decisions they made to milk extra money out of this game are absolutely retarded. I really hope that people will finally stop buying EA crap, soon...

edit; If anyone here lives close to a EA office, please poop in front of their front door for me. Thanks!

blkuedrake said he cant wait to spend money on dlc lol

I think I'm the only one in here who is actually enjoying it.

I find it quite different from Battlefield and doesn't have that shit-EA feel to it.

Will probably buy.