Aniallator

So the Ural 375D...

I have a question regarding the Ural 375D, that is, it's an insurgent truck, yes? Not a Russian one? Because if that's the truck the Russians get in Squad, you guys are doing something wrong.

Could you elaborate on what's wrong with it being a Russian truck?

Not doubting you, I just don't know.

It was talked after Ural first appearance. In soviet army Ural-375D was replaced with Ural-4320 in 1982 due to exessive consumption of diesel fuel.

Of course. The Ural 375D was produced from 1964 to 1983, and was replaced by the Ural 4320 in 1979, itself produced from 1977; thus, I'm going to assume it was the primary truck used by Russian forces in Afghanistan. For those reasons, it's unrealistic as the truck used by Russian forces in Squad; I'm going to assume the Russians'll get a modern Ural, while the insurgents will get the Ural 375D, as something they looted in the Soviet-Afghan War.

But can anyone confirm this?

If you see Russian/USA/British functions against insurgents or other units,it dosen't spesifically correspond to RL time line on arms/equipment!.

From what I understand the time frame of the game 10 years in the past and future, so if what the others are saying is correct the 375D still wouldn't fit with the Russians.

From what I understand the time frame of the game 10 years in the past and future, so if what the others are saying is correct the 375D still wouldn't fit with the Russians.

Yep,actually agree with you,the last production of the Ural-375D was 1980's & used until 1990's...Still plenty of them about!.

Yep,actually agree with you,the last production of the Ural-375D was 1980's & used until 1990's...Still plenty of them about!.

No, actually, and the Ural 4320 is the Russian Army's standard cargo/troop transport, not the Ural 375D, and even if using the Ural 375D as the Russians' truck made sense, something tells me that a modern texture would've been used, not one featuring a Soviet-era red star.

We know that is not the current Russian truck. We will eventually have the 4320.

The 375D is for the insurgents as well as another faction, and will be used as a PLACEHOLDER for the Russians until such a time as a 4320 is made.

The same with the MTLB variants, and if you see any AKs with wooden stocks and handguards used by the Russians.

Russians are a new faction in this evolving game, therefore there will be lots of placeholder content. We know what we are doing in terms of equipment, it just takes time.

If there are any Russians in here they are more than welcome to pass on that information to whatever Russian communities they may be part of, as they seem to make a lot of assumptions of what they see is the final content for the Russian faction.

The 375D is for the insurgents as well as another faction, and will be used as a PLACEHOLDER for the Russians until such a time as a 4320 is made.

What other faction? WHAT ARE YOU TEASING HERE OMG!!!111111

We know that is not the current Russian truck. We will eventually have the 4320.

The same with the MTLB variants, and if you see any AKs with wooden stocks and handguards used by the Russians.

Russians are a new faction in this evolving game, therefore there will be lots of placeholder content. We know what we are doing in terms of equipment, it just takes time.

If there are any Russians in here they are more than welcome to pass on that information to whatever Russian communities they may be part of, as they seem to make a lot of assumptions of what they see is the final content for the Russian faction.

Looks like you guys are really pissed with all these russian assumptions...

We are not, but we often hear the comments "we don't know what we are doing" and feel it coming at us stronger than any other faction. We just want to clarify and reiterate that nothing is final unless we say so.

And now I have also provided info about the 3 most commented subjects when it comes to the comments about us giving the Russians inaccurate or outdated equipment. We do know what we are doing and we are working as hard as we can to have all the correct content that everyone expects out of EVERY faction and have more factions.

I apologize if it sounded like we were annoyed, but when you keep hearing that "you dont know what you are doing" doesn't exactly... help...

Yes, you know what you are doing, but did we? :) Anyway, I think for this moment you've demonstrated deep knowledge and the highest attention to detail, and I'm completely sure that you'll never hear any negative comments about correctness of your assets.

I doubted sometimes you have really good advisors, but now I understand that I was stupid when I was trying to correct you. Sorry for that, I didn't want to bother you, just too worried about the FPS revolution you are making :)

Thank you for the confirmation! Good to hear everyone's getting the right trucks :)

Though I have to say, if you guys know what you're doing in terms of equipment, why do we have an M1014 and an M9A1...

I actually own together with a family member 3 Ural 375D's, with 2 sleeping wagons and a generator wagon! We bought them for fun like 10 years ago by a really exentric norwegian artist. So if you need any pictures, let me knowsmile.png

Heres a movie of the guy with the actual Urals we own, you also see what he did to them in 1998, when he protested in front of the Norwegian parliamentlaugh.png   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70zrEW-3iyk

Did i mentioned he's abit exentric?

Though I have to say, if you guys know what you're doing in terms of equipment, why do we have an M1014 and an M9A1...

Time will tell I guess. And feel free to find me proof that the US Army doesn't currently use these :)

It is a game, and does it have to be our burden to provide evidence every single time someone posts something on the forums. I cant be arsed to find sources for everything everyone of you guys always question.

It cannot be our burden to provide evidence of every accusation. 

If the M9A1 instead of an M9 ruins the immersion for someone, then I think that that someone needs to go play a military simulator tbh.

Sorry for getting frustrated, and nothing personal. But you guys are great at nit picking these things and we are always the ones that have to answer for it. It gets tiring.

And yes the USMC is a possible faction. 

Looks like you guys are really pissed with all these russian assumptions...

the devs aren't going to admit it pisses them off. but i think you can probably imagine..

Time will tell I guess. And feel free to find me proof that the US Army doesn't currently use these :)

In 2012, the Army purchased 100,000 M9s, and stated that the M9 "would remain their sidearm for the next five years." Following "the next five years", I'd guess the Army will begin using the M9A3.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_M9#Users

As for the M1014, it was originally designed for the Marine Corps in 1998, and has seen limited issue at best to Army units, as Mossberg shotguns remain the primary Army shotgun. Just Google "M1014", you'll always see it in USMC use.

Wouldn't it be comparatively easy to implement the M9? I apologize in advance if I sound like an idiot, but can't you remove the Picatinny rail from the M9A1 model, and change the few other tiny things on the M9A1 to make an M9?

Sorry, not trying to be nit picky ;) You guys are awesome.

Wouldn't it be comparatively easy to implement the M9A1?

Do you want to kill Z-Trooper?

Because this is how you kill Z-Trooper.

Do you want to kill Z-Trooper?

Because this is how you kill Z-Trooper.

The strangest way to kill someone with Beretta pistol...