dolmaface

Make it a requirement to complete tutorials in order to play multiplayer/use certain vehicles

Games that do that turn me off. I'd hate to see Squad do this because I rather like playing this game.

Also: whitelisted server options pls. 

Disagree.

Could severely ruin it if there are no "whitelisted" pilots on the server, leaving the team without transit.

Disagree.

Could severely ruin it if there are no "whitelisted" pilots on the server, leaving the team without transit.

I think he just wants the ability to whitelist friends o a private server but idk maybe I interpreted that wrong?

Disagree.

Or an admin on the server can simply type a command "allow Proto to fly this round/all rounds". Transit is up.

Not that I have a clue about whitelisting, and it sounds cumbersome IMO but I am all for servers getting the option to use a whitelist if they want to run it that way : )

*shrugs*

vFGjQvE.jpg

Anyways:

I'd also find it very nice to have a basic-knowledge requirement - that would put away all the people coming into a game as if it was any other game, without even showing interest towards any rules or fairness.

If you show them that it takes a little bit more - you might open their eyes to the rest of the game.

​It doesn't necessarily have to be 2 hours long, but a few basic things being explained and required to go through would be nice.

Or an admin on the server can simply type a command "allow Proto to fly this round/all rounds". Transit is up.

Not that I have a clue about whitelisting, and it sounds cumbersome IMO but I am all for servers getting the option to use a whitelist if they want to run it that way : )

whitelisting is less cumbersome than allowing the public at large to freely access your server and having to sift through them to deal with the inevitable trolls.

whitelisting is less cumbersome than allowing the public at large to freely access your server and having to sift through them to deal with the inevitable trolls.

How so?

Do you want it through out, or as a server option?

How so?

Do you want it through out, or as a server option?

go read my first post in this thread.

It was short and sweet.

im totally against alienating the community from within by having a ton of whitelisted servers.

this is what i desire:

at least 2 servers ran by the 303rd.

1 public server, admin'd regularly.

1 whitelisted server, reserved for more organized matches.

People talk about whitelists like they are one singular thing and all whitelist servers are the same... but there are a lot of different ways to handle whitelists. Some servers can have "automatic whitelists" (eg. you go on the website and spend 30 seconds entering your username and clicking submit), but other servers might have super strict whitelists where an admin has to approve your application by hand. One is very lenient, and the other is very strict. One is less picky about which players join, and the other is more picky.

90% of trolls, griefers, and CoD-kiddies simply won't have the attention span or the patience to get past a simple "click here to be put on the whitelist!" button. They will always take the path of least resistance: a completely open public server where they can inflict the maximum amount of damage and quit before someone records their username.

Will we have a training area for things like learning to pilot a helo? Also, please tell me the controls won't be dumbed down to the point that any idiot can fly without any bit of practice... That just makes the flying boring (like the new Battlefront clusterf#&@)!

With all sorts of new players running around, I find that the "Training Mode" that was mentioned in the Kickstarter should have been implemented sooner. Is there anything more on it? I dont mind teaching new guys, however it's become so often its frustrating a LOT of people. I mentioned way back pre-steam release, that a similar way that "America's Army 2" did it would work really well! However that would take a lot of development. YouTube and videos are great, however not everybody goes watches them.

Edited by BlackDog1247

does that mean we all have to take it ...? how do you differentiate between noob and veteran player.

Make tutorial for all of the things and make it mandatory.

Two days ago i was in a squad with a sl that did not know what the HAB is and how you destroy it and out of the full squad i was the only one that knew how and what to do the other squad mates just runed around the HAB thinking it was just some knd of a bunker finally i got a guy close to me to help me dig it out by telling him to take out his showel and right click it 

its kinda what we all did when we got the game no?  There was no tutorial then... its like London Taxi drivers saying you need to take the knowledge to be able to have a cab because were special and we know where we are going... UBER fooked that idea right up... the shooting range has everything laid out and explained.. not disagreeing that a tutorial would be useful but mandatory?