Sign in to follow this  
toastedted

Just a suggestion for the community

I don't usually flap my dick around but in the case of this post I will. I've been helping test this game since before this new influx of players has occurred and one thing has happened that really grinds my gears. Everyone in game seems to automatically think that everyone is new and treats them as such. Without any provocation I've had people yell, scream, and belittle me over the most ridiculous shit I could possibly imagine. I've had Squad Leader berate me saying I'm, and I quote, "Such a fucking noob. Go kill yourself." For real? Who the hell uses Noob anymore? Jesus flashback to 2005. Now I personally seem to think that having these new players, although frustrating at times, is a great thing. Overall the player base is fine. I know this is beating a dead horse when I say this but: Treat everyone in the community with respect. This isn't Call of fucking Duty. I'd expect a little bit more common courtesy from a community of people who play a MilSim game.

You know, if you took the time to actually get to know Mac instead of insulting him over a GAME you'd realise he's a bad ass with a great personality.

If you're gonna berate someone over a video game you probably need to put the keyboard and Cheetos down and go for a jog.

I don't usually flap my dick around but in the case of this post I will. I've been helping test this game since before this new influx of players has occurred and one thing has happened that really grinds my gears. Everyone in game seems to automatically think that everyone is new and treats them as such. Without any provocation I've had people yell, scream, and belittle me over the most ridiculous shit I could possibly imagine. I've had Squad Leader berate me saying I'm, and I quote, "Such a fucking noob. Go kill yourself." For real? Who the hell uses Noob anymore? Jesus flashback to 2005. Now I personally seem to think that having these new players, although frustrating at times, is a great thing. Overall the player base is fine. I know this is beating a dead horse when I say this but: Treat everyone in the community with respect. This isn't Call of fucking Duty. I'd expect a little bit more common courtesy from a community of people who play a MilSim game.

Yes, frustration is awful bud....But... Large intake of breath.Then remember that this was allway`s going to happen.It`s all about teaching & waiting for the mindset to accommodate new game play & hopefully take it all on board .It will get there eventually.Just be patient young grass hopper.

I guess I've been pretty lucky. I am very new to Squad and for the most part everyone I've played with has been really cool and patient with me.

I have nothing but good things to say about everyone I've played with so far.

I have never seen ppl act like that . And if someone did try to be rude just a simple , sorry man didnt mean to piss u off will chill ppl out . But if two go back and forth it will create a problem . Just remember bro . If u chill for a minute things calm down .

I have never seen ppl act like that . And if someone did try to be rude just a simple , sorry man didnt mean to piss u off will chill ppl out . But if two go back and forth it will create a problem . Just remember bro . If u chill for a minute things calm down .

Such a noob thing to say :-P JK <--- Joking in case someone gets angry, rages and calls me a noob/

There will always be idiots in the world, a high percentage of which find their way to the internet (due to lack of interaction in the real world).

Unfortunately some of them find their way to games like Squad but you can be sure that they don't bother their arses reading forums for the opinions of others.

Vent away but don't expect anything to change. Idiots be idiots.  

Don't get excited. Things will get worse at the EA release at Steam when more people will join. Shit will always happen and ignorant players will always play the same game you love. it's not possible to control and make it sterile like at CPA custody since big crowd require admins and rules, devs can't control every round and every server when alot of new players will join. If you want to make a difference do it by self example of behavior.

Squad is now an independent game and has been receiving a lot of support from many media centers to spread the news. It is attracting a lot more new players from all around the globe. It means more players, more buyers, more money for the devs to make a more good looking game. GREAT!

But there will be also those kind of people joining the Squad boat. We can't filter them out, we will have to deal with them... And don't even bother posting it here, most part of this kind of players don't participate the squad community and if they do, do you think that, from the way they behaved in game, they will care if you talk about it?

Squad is now an independent game and has been receiving a lot of support from many media centers to spread the news. It is attracting a lot more new players from all around the globe. It means more players, more buyers, more money for the devs to make a more good looking game. GREAT!

But there will be also those kind of people joining the Squad boat. We can't filter them out, we will have to deal with them... And don't even bother posting it here, most part of this kind of players don't participate the squad community and if they do, do you think that, from the way they behaved in game, they will care if you talk about it?

This, but mostly such players are the ones jumping from one game to the next, so they will sort themselfs out I think.

It's just that such behavior became a standard in mainstream FPS games like COD/BF. We don't accept this kind of standards and instead we will set new standards of communication and respect for each other so they can look at us and say - wow, i want to be part of this.

we will set new standards of communication and respect for each other so they can look at us and say - wow, i want to be part of this.

Precisely. Be the positive influence, show people a great round or two and you might just inspire them to try to recreate it. Talk to them like shit and you'll just push new people away or incentivise them to be whooping dickholes.

Such a noob thing to say :-P JK <--- Joking in case someone gets angry, rages and calls me a noob/

That's pretty rich coming from a rock n' roll clown who does cocaine. :P

But there will be also those kind of people joining the Squad boat. We can't filter them out, we will have to deal with them

If only we could kick unwilling or unhelpful players from our squad. That is a form of filter that lets these kind of players know they need to wise up, or fuck off..

This is one feature I'm hoping for quick smart.