Sign in to follow this  
Sparcany

Russian Faction

I know what it was mentioned in a previous monthly recap that the Russian faction had been added as a playable faction with placeholder content. Has there been any update since in regards to when they will be in the game? I've searched the forums and can't find anything concrete about the Russian faction, I'm particularly curious about whether or not we''ll see the russians before Steam release.

We have new soldier models in game for the Russians. Currently being textured, and work on the AK74M and RPK74M is being finalized.

Meaning that Russians as a playable faction is not far away. Likely 1.5-2 months from popping up in the alpha build if we have to be realistic.

What branch of the Russian military are going to be modelled in game? (Please be VDV), How will the Russians match up to the US and Insurgent factions balance wise?

Russian army as a whole.

Balance wise I suspect that they will be some kind of a middle ground between insurgents and US, leaning more towards the US.

Until now the insurgents have been using the AK74 (same as the russians, just with some different furniture on it), so the ironsight version will play like that. Russians will of course have optics in the future as well as vehicles that can go toe to toe with the US.

Insurgents are getting rid of the AK74 as their main weapon (it will still be around), and will now be running 7.62x39 as their standard instead of 5.45x39. They will start to play differently from next build and onward.

How will 7.62x39 compare to the 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 rounds we've seen so far? I know optics aren't commonplace in the Russian army will the Russians always have the option for optics despite this for balance reasons?

We have new soldier models in game for the Russians. Currently being textured, and work on the AK74M and RPK74M is being finalized.

Meaning that Russians as a playable faction is not far away. Likely 1.5-2 months from popping up in the alpha build if we have to be realistic.

Looks like your russian advisor left your team :(

Great news...Do Lub's my Rusky comrades,can't wait to see them with their new hardware Hooorrraaah!

I think everyone is excited for another conventional force to go toe to toe against the US.

Is there any information about how 7.62x39 AKMs will perform compared to the 74 and m4?

Looks like your russian advisor left your team :(

What makes you say that? And no, we do have one that has confirmed all the assets we have planned.

I think everyone is excited for another conventional force to go toe to toe against the US.

Is there any information about how 7.62x39 AKMs will perform compared to the 74 and m4?

More recoil, more damage, slightly slower fire rate, damage falls off quicker and faster at range.

More recoil, more damage, slightly slower fire rate, damage falls off quicker and faster at range.

This is the kind of balance I can get behind. Might I ask what handgun the Russians will be using? I know the INS have the PM what's being considered as the RU standard?

MP443 as well as the Makarov PM.

Our Russian advisor informed us that the MP443 isn't overly popular and that some still carry and prefer the Makarov, even though it has far inferior stats on paper.

In the far future when we have our desired inventory management system, we will likely make it a player option to choose which one of the two to carry for the kits that has a sidearm.

What makes you say that? And no, we do have one that has confirmed all the assets we have planned.

And RPK-74M? Russians started to remove them from airborne units in 2006, from infantry in 2009. For now, GPMG in every rifle squad. RPKs still stays in the units though. 3 (three) RPKs per brigade (for Ground Forces, Naval Infantry uses RPK wider than army).

So?

Near future, near past and present times. That is the setting of Squad.

And they still use them. And this is a game. We need an LMG class as well as an GPMG class. Just because we have an RPK74M doesnt mean that we won't have a PKM or a PKP.

So?

Near future, near past and present times. That is the setting of Squad.

And they still use them. And this is a game. We need an LMG class as well as an GPMG class. Just because we have an RPK74M doesnt mean that we won't have a PKM or a PKP.

Forget. I'm grumpy and stupid. Have just seen September update. Have seen AKs and RPKs. And truck. And russians. They are amazing.

Z-trooper, I love you, I love all of you, guys. Make as more as possible, guns, vehicles, soldiers, maps, sounds, effects, features, whatever. You really know better then me, what I want to play :)

MP443 as well as the Makarov PM.

Our Russian advisor informed us that the MP443 isn't overly popular and that some still carry and prefer the Makarov, even though it has far inferior stats on paper.

In the far future when we have our desired inventory management system, we will likely make it a player option to choose which one of the two to carry for the kits that has a sidearm.

I'm glad to hear we'll have this level of loadout customization. From what I've read the Mp443 was kind of a flop, I know the strike-one pistol is going through tests currently but I doubt the Makarov will be out of use before 2020. September recap makes me wish I could just throw more money at you for Russians sooner lol.

Way to go bootlicking ! Just kidding :D

​*licks Dev boots*

Why not? They are like rockstars but with better education and higher chance to get osteochondrosis.