Sign in to follow this  
Sparcany

Russian Faction

I think everyone is excited for another conventional force to go toe to toe against the US.

Is there any information about how 7.62x39 AKMs will perform compared to the 74 and m4?

Have you seen it,have ya!?...New Russian Forces & 7 yes I said 7 new AK/RPK coming...WoWza!!> :D

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=52

I'm glad to hear we'll have this level of loadout customization. From what I've read the Mp443 was kind of a flop, I know the strike-one pistol is going through tests currently but I doubt the Makarov will be out of use before 2020. September recap makes me wish I could just throw more money at you for Russians sooner lol.

Strike One failed the military trials and was not chosen for service. The Russians chose the Kalashnikov PL14 which is almost visually similar to the Strike One but have completely different barrel lock ups.

How come, the 7.63*39 does less damage at distance compared to 5.45 and 5.56 ???

I hope 7.62, will have less bullet drop than the 2 others

How come, the 7.63*39 does less damage at distance compared to 5.45 and 5.56 ???

I hope 7.62, will have less bullet drop than the 2 others

Why? 7,62x39 has less effective range, muzzle velocity and worse ballistics compared to 5,56 and 5,45.

Why? 7,62x39 has less effective range, muzzle velocity and worse ballistics compared to 5,56 and 5,45.

So why marksman uses 7.62 nato over 5.56 to engage at 300+ m ???

To my knowledge because it has a higher impact and causes more damage.

The 5.56 NATO is way faster than the 7.62 NATO, but faster doesn't always mean better :-)

And the less recoil firing a 5.56 NATO is boring compared to a 7.62 :P

These cartridges are totally different. The same caliber designation shouldn't confuse you.

7.62 NATO is rifle cartridge made on the base of old .30-06 cartridge. It has great muzzle velocity (up to 3,5 KJ) and effective range more than 900 metres with propper rifle

Soviet 7,62x39mm is original intermediate cartridge developed for full-auto assault rifles, as well as 5,56 and 5,45, but not fir shooting for more than 400-500 metres. For this purpose soviets had old 7,62x54R and this cartridge is real equivalent to 7.62 NATO.

These cartridges are totally different. The same caliber designation shouldn't confuse you.

7,62x51 NATO is rifle cartridge made on the base of old .30-06 cartridge. It has great muzzle velocity (up to 3,5 KJ) and effective range more than 900 metres with propper rifle

Soviet 7,62x39 is original intermediaty cartridge developed for full-auto assault rifles, as well as 5,56 and 5,45, but not fir shooting for more than 400-500 metres. For this purpose soviets had old 7,62x54R and this cartridge is real equivalent to 7.62 NATO.

Ah ok thanks, I though the 7.62x39 was the equivalent of the NATO ones

If the dev team needs images, aperture reference and pictures of RusFed optics I have one of the commonly used holosight style optic called 1p63 or "Obzor"  

Russia_Central_Military_District_reconna

Yeah it's a cool optic I haven't had a chance to take it to the range with a 5.45 rifle but other shooting enthusiasts have good range reports using it. 

If the dev team needs images, aperture reference and pictures of RusFed optics I have one of the commonly used holosight style optic called 1p63 or "Obzor"  

Russia_Central_Military_District_reconna

I am very interested in that. I'll be in contact.

The 1p63 is planned. I'm just a little bit worried about the rear of it. The opening is very small and I fear that it will be a big hindrance in game. 

Regardless, it is being made once I have the AK74M done

I am very interested in that. I'll be in contact.

The 1p63 is planned. I'm just a little bit worried about the rear of it. The opening is very small and I fear that it will be a big hindrance in game. 

Regardless, it is being made once I have the AK74M done

Can you post some teasers of the ak74M?

Good afternoon,

I've just recently acquired an Axiom Kobra 8-18 if anyone's interested in pictures of the thing.

Unfortunately, I've returned to my parents' house for the weekend and have forgotten to bring my camera, but here's a pic I took last week to show my friends.

http://puu.sh/kAztt/5525f54862.jpg

Fancy, how much did that cost you? What color is the reticle and which style did you get?

I picked it up from Kalinka Optics for about $360 shipped. The color is red, and all Kobra optics natively have the four reticles.

http://puu.sh/kDt6M/06c9cc2fa5.webm

I made this video as a joke for my friends, but this demonstrates the ability to switches between reticles.

Noice mate, I picked up a POSP 4x24 from them a few months ago and loved it. Typically not a fan or red dots but the kobra is just so sexy.

What about :

- 1x optic sight 1P76 (means that is used by the army) Rakurs-A? It is very interesting stuff: angle greater than 1P63, have a tritium illumination, lowest profile.

- RGO\RGN? It is M-67 for russians still;

- RPG26 for LAT? Or for LAT will be OG7V and for HAT PG7V? It will be interesting if there are different charges for HAT — some of these vs inf, some vs technics.