tryMichal

Console (maybe Mobile) Versions.

I know the Unreal Engine 4 supports builds for the PS4, Xbox One. It would take some time to port, but once I learn quite a bit more with Unreal, I'd be glad to make a port for the consoles. 

I know this is meant to be PC-based. I understand. However, if we can generate enough revenue from the PC version, we could pay the developer fees for the consoles. Scale down the graphics, change the UI a bit, mess with the controls, and I can see this on console. Maybe we can take advantage of the PS4 touchpad. My only concern is that the game's mechanics will not be able to handle the limited amount of control configurations on console. We could remove some of these mechanics, and keep the most vital. Give me your opinion.

Mobile.

Alright, now I don't see this happening. But we can possibly bring a SUPER-SCALED DOWN version to mobile. Maybe limit it to commander mode? But otherwise, it would take too much time to develop a separate mobile version.

(Please note I am new to PR, however have been going through Squad and researching it a bit.)

Too much work to do for such a small team (even if there was a person dedicated to doing it).  The consoles have licensing fees that have to be paid to release a game on the specific platforms, and really, at the end of the day, after the cost of paying devs to make it cross-platform, licensing, and royalties, it simply would not generate enough sales, as the console market is currently dominated by AAA titles, and children who wouldn't understand the quality of game that Squad has to offer.

Maybe down the road, when Squad 2 or something like that comes out, and the team has more money that could be feasible, but for now it needs to be PC only.

It would be cool if there were some mobile-integrated commander support, but again, I think that too would have to come at a later date, after Squad is rolling and active (public release).

Just be a man and get a PC, this game should never touch the dirt that is the console. For Gabe is holy.

I have a nice PC :/

Yeah, it just seems too much of a PC game for console. But who knows? I'm liking the mobile Commander thing a bit more.

It's not worth it even if it's possible to easily port the game over to consoles. The idea of this game would never succeed in a console environment where people play for fun. You'd also need to redesign many of the game's mechanics before even considering.

Same for mobile commander, I don't see people being any use at all in front of a tiny screen with limited/ no comms. It simply doesn't fit in.

Just be a man and get a PC, this game should never touch the dirt that is the console. For Gabe is holy.

Praise GabeN!

off-topic and my opnion: the last console that I played was the Atari 2600... but nowadays consoles are shit

How do you know if you didn't touch them for so long. Tryhard corner --------->

Just a little spin-off here, but it would be awesome if you could sync a match with a tablet or smart phone, so that you can get just the map info or something like that on it.

Although I do own a PS4, Squad would not work on consoles, or even mobile. This is in no way an AAA game, and tactical shooters really only work with whole teams communicating, which is hard to do on consoles. For example, no one uses a mic on the PS4 in Battlefield 4, or any other shooter for that matter. The controls themselves would also be very confusing (for example, how would one do SL-SL or SL-CMD comms?)

It would take some time to port, but once I learn quite a bit more with Unreal, I'd be glad to make a port for the consoles. 

Sorry, but that's kinda silly. Writing code isn't easy, and porting for consoles requires quite some knowledge regarding Unreal, the console's architectures, etc..., although it has been made a lot easier in UE4. Others already have mentioned the licensing costs on consoles, and how every update costs money to push, etc... Graphics would also have to be tuned down most likely, and a one man team for porting sounds highly inefficient.

Simply stated, no - for the love of God, no PS4 or Xbone ports. There are hundreds of other reasons as to why it's a bad idea, and my post above just highlights some of the bigger ones.

Alright, it seems most of you agree that Console is a bad idea. 

It's a bit half and half on the mobile commander idea. Also, computer commanders should be given priority. They can either be kicked out, or demoted to a "co-commander". 

Personally, I think that a console port would not break even, as console are pretty much built for AAA titles. Plus, control scheme and mechanics.

Mobile, however, may be a different story. Depends on the user base of the game. 

Thanks for your input!

almost forgot Wii U version huehuehue  :P 

sorry kid, pc masterrace only :P

i do like the idea of an extra map on the tablet or a second screen :)

I wouldn't mind console version, but to be honest, that would be a whole new ball game for us. Doubt it would happen

For all the people saying that this game shouldn't come to console, why wouldn't you want to see this game grow and see it go to its full potential and have hundreds of thousands of other people playing it too. You guys are just selfish and I think it would be great if they brought it to console

For all the people saying that this game shouldn't come to console, why wouldn't you want to see this game grow and see it go to its full potential and have hundreds of thousands of other people playing it too. You guys are just selfish and I think it would be great if they brought it to console

I'd rather they finish the PC version first. The game would need to be changed to be made so a controller can use it. It would take time and money away from completing the original version. Imagine trying to control the weapon sway on a controller, it would be hell. Let them finish the PC version first before focusing on all these other platforms. 

Squad game mechanic and voip system will not be enjoyable on consoles, the amount of dev time that goes into developing a console version is time wasted. 

They never announced a console version on Kickstarter so I don't see it happening it the near future.

Another vote against watering down and ruining another game because some console peasant wants it on outdated crappy hardware

Man up soldier and buy an PC !

2628877-0511143999-13616.png