The teams are not bad but you should be able to have a better setup. Here is an idea how to balance the teams out.

First of all the US Team must really have a Designated Marksman. A good weapon of choice would be the M39 EMR equipped with ACOG. Both teams should have only 1 Fighter class, for the US team the M4A1 equipped with a Reddot of course (as already provided in the game). This is where the Insurgent team falls short. I think to really balance the both teams the Insurgent Fighter Class and Insurgent Cell Leader Class should have an optic mounted on their AK-47. The Russian Kobra Red Dot would be the best choice. Yet still maintaining the AK-47 power vs M4A1 accuracy ratio, this is critical.

Why are you arguing for more optics on the AK that don't add any magnification?

Z-Trooper has been working really hard on not only bringing great weapons into Squad, but balancing them out the best way he can. Scroll through this to look through his posts. You will find some good posts outlining his thoughts and his experience on what he's bringing to the game as one of the lead devs.

you do know half of these "ragheads" your fighting in real life have don't have scopes/enhanced zooming capabilities , they have rusty lightweight AK47s that couldnt hit a target 50m infront of them, they poke their muzzle/barrels through something called murder holes "hole in the wall" and hold down the trigger spraying towards your general direction, half the time you cannot even see where its coming from. and i have yet to see a taliban/insurgent weapon with a nice fancy unit sight mounted ontop of it, sure you get the odd trained Taliban sharpshooter/marksman, but is a very rare case, giving the US Army/ISAF force's a distinct advantage is realistic and should be kept this way, especially when Humvee's and Armored support vehicle's are added into the game, as the insurgents/Taliban DONT and WONT have anything to fight back with, unless its a old pick up truck with a Duska mounted on the back like the Afghanistan Army or Police use in Afghanistan 

but i honestly think giving the ISAF Force the major upperhand, as that is what happens irl, we have all the assets to call in and use when we need it, the dirty ragheads dont have fuck all.  :ph34r:

ISAF = International Security Assistance Force 

Honestly the teams won't be balanced in 1:1 weapons. They will be balanced through game modes and other strengths/weaknesses.

With the new weapons coming in (and with future development of the weapons and scope code) the two factions will play very differently. 

If you try to fight the insurgents up close, you will loose. If you try to fight the US long range, you will loose.

The Russians will be a nice mix of the two play styles and should make for an interesting combination when they are ready for action.

Teams should play to their strengths and not just expect a reskinned version of the same gun and equipment on each side :)

Yes and their work is much appreciated. My mainpoint is that if the Insurgents have Marksmen then the US should also have Marksmen, and most people would agree with that.

Do you run accross all post and arguing with comments that you do not agree with M81ERDL?? 

All in good time. You will have marksmen for all factions :)

As soon as we make it a priority you will have two Dedicated Marksmen Rifles with scopes. The SVD with a PSO-1 and M110 with a Leupold MK. 4.

Until then, it is an unscoped SVD and M4's with ACOGs

Honestly the teams won't be balanced in 1:1 weapons. They will be balanced through game modes and other strengths/weaknesses.

With the new weapons coming in (and with future development of the weapons and scope code) the two factions will play very differently. 

If you try to fight the insurgents up close, you will loose. If you try to fight the US long range, you will loose.

The Russians will be a nice mix of the two play styles and should make for an interesting combination when they are ready for action.

Teams should play to their strengths and not just expect a reskinned version of the same gun and equipment on each side :)

I see what you mean and actually I fully agree with it. Thanks for the feedback.

The Insurgents are going to get enough toys to counter the US assets. Asymmetry is the name of the game gentlemen, just because you can't stand toe to toe with an enemy doesn't mean you can't use other means to achieve victory. It's not something everyone is used to but having seen what the PR guys managed to do to even the playing field between factions that can field MBTs and those who have nothing more than pickups and station wagons I know Squad will have a lot of fun and unusual counters.

Don't base your judgement solely off the infantry fights, when assets come into play things will start to even out.

I totally agree with the balance of the game, initially I was getting so frustrated with trying to take on the ACOG at range with an unscoped AK until I realised... Stay in cover and get closer then the AK comes into its own.

It's a refreshing change to not have a game where each side is balanced in exactly the same way. Top work guys.

"Teams should play to their strengths and not just expect a reskinned version of the same gun and equipment on each side smile.png"

Very glad to hear it

​The Russians will be a nice mix of the two play styles and should make for an interesting combination when they are ready for action.

inb4 political debate

I just got my hopes up it will be along my imagination and they won't be too primtive/unrealistically devaluated.

​Can't wait to see the results! Keep up the great work that we already got a glimpse of in the previews!

I'm bloody glad that you lads aren't going to bow to the 1:1 type gameplay.

I can't agree enough with teams fighting with their strengths. THB sometimes it does my head in when I see an Insurgent team trying to FOB war from 1 side of the valley, when the US has ACOGs.