Chuc

Animation Update - M4 mag change

Shai`tan   

There is no need to turn the weap to view the right side of the weap when mag changing. Just turn weap to view the left side, and swap mags. Done. As is atm, its a waste of time and animation.

There is no need to turn the weap to view the right side of the weap when mag changing. Just turn weap to view the left side, and swap mags. Done. As is atm, its a waste of time and animation.

The entire point is to check your chamber and see if your gun is empty.

Pyle_DK   

I have experienced many times that after long-term use, where I just didt not have time to disasemble the gun at main parts, and clean it, the gun powder burns, around the chamber, make the bolt not go the last 2.mm forward can cause errors when the bolt pushed forward after reloading, so I often look at the right side to see if there is a small gap betwen the bolt and chamber, so I can manage to squeeze bolt manually forward, to avoid the sound you do not want to hear in the heat of battle after a reload. the click sound. so it is completely fine.

Why does the M4 have more recoil on full auto than the AK? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

"Alpha"

The devs said they'll be working on an overhaul to the recoil system. Currently all have the same recoil pattern, and the M4 only has more recoil than the AKs cos they have higher rates of fire. But really, if you've been a faithful lover of semi like you're supposed to, you won't notice it.

And some people said the AK-74 is more controllable than the M4A1 because of its muzzle brake.

Axle84   

Any US servicemen can confirm this as such? At least in the British Armed forces, it is frowned upon slamming the magazine into the rifle like depicted.

That's because we deemed if there was a situation where the mag wouldn't go in properly be it sand or dirt ingress or even the top round not seated properly it was best not to try and force it, not to mention if you had of done that with the mags on the old L82A1's the bottom of the mag would fall off and the contents would be at your feet lol

"Alpha"

The devs said they'll be working on an overhaul to the recoil system. Currently all have the same recoil pattern, and the M4 only has more recoil than the AKs cos they have higher rates of fire. But really, if you've been a faithful lover of semi like you're supposed to, you won't notice it.

And some people said the AK-74 is more controllable than the M4A1 because of its muzzle brake.

Yeah, I use Semi in CQB environments, I was just messing around in the firing range, and couldn't help but notice. 

On 22 October 2014 at 9:40 AM, Alonzo said:

Great work Chuc.

Just one thing though. As others have mentioned in this thread, the magazine tap is a part of the reload process to ensure that the magazine is seated properly. However, as it is animated currently, the soldier slams it way too hard. It's only supposed to be a light, firm tap. If you slam it too hard, it can cause a malfunction with the weapon. Specifically, you can cause a round to come loose from the magazine into the chamber, and by releasing the bolt, the gun will try to lift another round into the chamber and cause a double feed. The slamming animation looks cool and dramatic, but it is not operationally accurate.

It's actually not good to tap the mag at all because it's one extra motion you have to perform, slowing you down. Imagine doing that for every reload, how inefficient it would be. Of course, there are many ways of doing things, but the best method is to beer-can grip the mag and just insert FIRMLY. That's it. Only TAP, RACK, BANG, as an immediate action drill if your weapon malfunctions. 

Watch what happens at 2:20. You can clearly see that a round is knocked loose by the guy's excessive tapping. 

Edit, 

There were also some concerns above about slapping the bolt release vs using the charging handle. Again, there are different ways of achieving the same outcome, but some ways are more efficient than others. Slapping the bolt is very cool, but inefficient. Why move your support hand away from your weapon and use that much force for no reason? It is best to just press the bolt release with your thumb. Plus hitting your weapon that hard will knock it away from your workspace and in turn off target downrange. As to racking the charging handle, some people would do that to ensure a consistency in training, but otherwise it's just faster to release the bolt if your thumb since your hand will be right next to the the control if you do the firm mag insert properly.

I don't know what kind of soldier the game is trying to portray because even in an Army, there are great operators and bad ones. If it were up to me, I'd like to see trained soldiers using the most efficient methods possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAXeCu-uWvY 

The reason you don't use single digits to actuate the bolt release is because when you are shitting your pants (when hot lead is airborne), you lose dexterity and fine motor skills.

You slap the bolt release with your open palm to maximise chances of hitting the bolt release and to minimise time fucking around fumbling. It different when you're not shooting paper.

On 18 June 2016 at 9:52 PM, RaulO4 said:

can someone explain why...he reloaded with his foot?

It's joke mate. Do you really think it's a good idea to grab a red hot barrel and kick mud into the breech with your boot?