Chuc

Animation Update - M4 mag change

IrOnTaXi   

Omg amazing. It's strangely nostalgia already and the game isn't even Beta :)

haha.. yeah totally. we were saying the other day that it feels alot like PR in higher definition.

Chuc   

@litoralias I say cool beans all the time! If other people don't get you it's their own fault :P @airsoft Yeah, the sky's the limit ;)

Rykane   

Looks great Chuc, Keep up the great work as usual.

I've got a question, are you guys going to be implementing an animation for when someone looks down the iron sights? One idea could be that when the player press the ads button the model could slightly move his arms and the weapon up slightly and to the left and maybe close his left eye too, I know some people keep both eyes open though.

ArkBird   

Nice animation but I think you should add the player pulling back the charging handle in the dry animation. Also shouldn't the empty mag go to the mag waste pouch?

Spush   

Nice animation but I think you should add the player pulling back the charging handle in the dry animation. Also shouldn't the empty mag go to the mag waste pouch?

While you can do that. It's much more faster to use the bolt release button on the side of the receiver when doing a dry reload. If anything, the use of the charging handle probably should be used for the first initial deploy animation.

ArkBird   

While you can do that. It's much more faster to use the bolt release button on the side of the receiver when doing a dry reload. If anything, the use of the charging handle probably should be used for the first initial deploy animation.

As far as my knowledge goes I'm pretty sure it's more customary in the Armed Forces to pull back the charging handle. But, you probably have more knowledge on this subject.

As far as my knowledge goes I'm pretty sure it's more customary in the Armed Forces to pull back the charging handle. But, you probably have more knowledge on this subject.

Well for us, we were trained to always use the Bolt release, it is a waste of time to use the charging handle.As far as the love tap to the bottom of the mag, I consider that accurate cause that is what I do and what I was trained to do. It helps to make sure the mag is fully seated.  

Chuc   

To signify that you're retaining your magazines. At the moment that's the most straightforward way to animate the procedure without having to think about what happens to the animation when the player begins doing things like twisting, looking up or down (while still looking good).

warpigau   

Well for us, we were trained to always use the Bolt release, it is a waste of time to use the charging handle.As far as the love tap to the bottom of the mag, I consider that accurate cause that is what I do and what I was trained to do. It helps to make sure the mag is fully seated.

That's always bugged me, we're taught to never slap a mag, just tug it to make sure its seated properly. But if it works, it works