Para

STOP using Teamspeak

Of course, some people use their favourite VOIP in the background - and you will most likely not get them off of that, no matter your arguments.

​However, I totally agree that the important communication should be shared with the whole squad (intel, coordination etc. etc.) - if that's not the case it is just another bad  coordinated squad and this will likely be noticed by the SL or by the joining player who has the freedom to switch the squad any time he feels the need to.

You are totally killing the Squad mechanics.. I realise now when these small squads break off and set up on their own (2 and 3 man squads) they NEVER answer any in game SqL comms or local becasue they are on TS. You are effectively killing the entire game for you side. How are the Sql's supposed to communicate with you.

Please for the sake of the game and it's future don't use teamspeak or set up 10 squads of 3 people, fill up the empty spaces in the other squads, you will live longer, have more chance of a medic reviving you and get that lone wolf mentality out of your head.  ''breath''

*Rant* over.

So Sayeth the Para.

P. 

How do you know if they even have a mic in the first place....

Really m8 take a pill you are saying things about 2 different problems....

1 is mic or teamspeak issues..

2nd one is small squads or 2 or 3 players...

None which i have zero issues with,maybe its your issue because if you had any grey matter you would tell 1 of your guys to go into the other squad so they can lay done FOBS....

The more spawn points you have the better...

So is it there issue or yours..

Not hard to work out.

As others are mentioning I think there's a definite argument at cross purposes in this thread.

The predominant issue as identified by Para is dickwits who won't communicate in a game which requires it. It's in the linkage to TS that Para loses me in this argument (sorry Para). If they're not communicating I'm going to assume they didn't say 'we're using an alternate VOIP software and will not be communicating in ingame voip' and then shut up forever. So the actual cause of their lack of communication is still open to speculation (could even be no mic - gasp).

Small squads are a problem, true, so is lack of communication. But neither of those has ANY kind of logical link to whether people use other VOIP software as well, and as IronTaxi said, the devs manage to do both, and I will presume that a crapton of other players do also.

The people I play with tend to use Skype as a secondary backchannel so we can talk our bullshit to one another without gumming up the squad and local voip ingame. We are still alert to ingame voip and will always respond and communicate where it's appropriate, but it just means that the entire squad doesn't have to deal with me shittalking loudly with two other people about stuff they probably couldn't give a toss about. However, if my shitty pop culture references and intermittent singing of pop music are what's missing from Squad chat and killing this game, I'm happy to oblige.  :)

Believe me people, there are only so many times one can hear grown men singing Rhianna before you start to question your sanity...

Para   

None which i have zero issues with,maybe its your issue because if you had any grey matter you would tell 1 of your guys to go into the other squad so they can lay done FOBS....

Not hard to work out.

No mic? Then DON'T take SQL role. Not using in game comms? then DON'T take SQL role.

Para   

Not hard to work out.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Clearly. So one of our squad now has to run to the other side of the map to talk to the dimwits building a 500sq ft fob?  The issue is mine? wow.. welcome to Squad.

i hear spiderman still uses ventrilo

Holy Moly,used Ventrilo way back my JointOps/DeltaForce days,good Shitz back then!.

I presume this talk about HeadSets/VOIP/Communication will be handled by server Admins in future dates!?....But none communicating Squads....what system have PR in place for this type of players?.

Just NO! There are enough players, who don't speak english...

Yes it's a semi-milsim but it's just a game. It's just for fun. Nothing more.

It is usually works well enough but SL still have to speak english or just stick to the language-specific servers when these are up. Don't forget even if it's just a game there is potentially ~90 other people and you have to respect them and their fun as well if you want to be treated the same. just for the record i'm an sl for 5+ years in a ru-speaking squad and there's no more annoying thing for me than some tards coming from russian ghetto-server to an english-speaking one, ignoring everyone (incl. rules) and spamming swearing in russian in mumble thinking no one can understand them anyway.

Nate   

No mic? Then DON'T take SQL role. Not using in game comms? then DON'T take SQL role.

But as it was pointed out to you before - this is totally unrelated to using Teamspeak.

People using Teamspeak while playing Squad is a non-issue, as long as they use ingame VOIP as well, which most of them do.

If they don't, then don't blame TS-users as a whole.A

As opposed to other games, Squad's VOIP has great quality and there is no reason not to use it.

Although some Media people preferred teamspeak when recording their Squad videos because it meant they had a separate audio track for editing. Obviously, this made teamplay look quite bad, but most of the youtubers and streamers use ingame by now, simply because Squad is not Squad if you don't use it.

Para   

Still makes no difference. Use TS all you want but if you don't use in game voip you are useless to the team.

-Steve-   

This is never going to be resolved to everyone's satisifaction.  As we all move forward the issue will resolve itself in some manner.  It is not my place to predict the outcome any more than it is my place or anyones place to say you can or cant use something. 

Some are able to use both with no adverse result to gameplay.  Others cant do it or dont care.  Some simply choose to talk only to their people on TS, Mumble or whatever your flavour is.  Players will get kicked from their squad and possibly the server by server owners/hosts/clans depending on what the structure is.  At the end of the day if you arent helping your squad or your team to win then dont come crying that people hate you and then blame them because you made the choice to not stay in communication with your squad.  In real life being out of touch in combat is really not the situation you want to be in nor would you want to put your brothers in trouble either.  

Joey   

I'm guilty of being in Teamspeak with my pals while we're playing games. However, we're just there so we can pass information to each other that isn't necessary for everyone on the team to hear (i.e just one guy that we can take out ezpz). If it's important, we always tell the 'randoms' whatever it may be. The only time we don't communicate with other people is if we have a full team, which I can assure you, probably will never happen in a game with a scale such as Squad.

We use Teamspeak because we've noticed the actual codec and overall audio quality is significantly better and faster than most games, however, I can't say anything comparing the Teamspeak quality versus Squad, because none of my friends have Squad yet (though they all plan on getting it at some point), so we have no direct comparison. I have a studio microphone (Blue Yeti), and my friends have noticed that my mic quality is awful in games but it's eargasmic in Teamspeak, so it just makes more sense to use what's more clear and concise.

I stopped reading after the first five post and felt the need to make a comment. I happen to be one of the people who "Dont check the forum"

I use TS with my friends just to chat with them about shit. It in no way effects my experience or others around me because I am constantly in local and squad channels communicating. Please don't rope everyone into one group and then shit on em.

Sincerely,

Apparently someone who doesn't visit the forums.

Just use in game VoIP for everything concerning the game, by all means use team speak as a gathering hub to find out who's on, what server there on, but yeah come on there's nothing more annoying then someone not talking in game lol, information needs to be passed on to all players, especially in local when shit hits the fan and multiple different squads are in the area.

Plus the in game comms are clear as can be.

So can we change the name of this thread to 'IT'S OK to use teamspeak but...'.

THIS.

Seriously, I get that a few people are frustrated but any issues around lack of communication have to be completely decoupled from whether or not people are using other VOIP. In fact I'm going to make a small hypothesis that the people who use TS or Skype are even more likely to be communicating ingame than those who don't, due to a variety of factors including having a mic.

Also to the anglocentric people a few pages back who maintain that you should speak good or even any english to play a multiplayer game, I can't even convey how intolerant that comes across as.

I´m one of the people who use TS while playing, but I still use the in game voip and I have never had anyone complain that I don´t communicate.

As with most things, its a question of the individual playing. There is no reason to say people shouldn't use TS because lots do but also communicate in game. I think you are better off asking people to respond better to the in-game VOIP or suggest that they improve their communication skill. :)

Once SL´s can kick squad members (or once community servers are possible) I think this issue will go away. Then if no one communicates with you, step up and create your own squad and make sure everyone in it communicates or join another squad.

IrOnTaXi   

im just going to close this topic. I think it has run its course. 

Conclusion -  Don't get butt hurt if people are using teamspeak. SImply go find another squad. there will be a place for you somewhere.