Para

STOP using Teamspeak

93 posts in this topic

You are totally killing the Squad mechanics.. I realise now when these small squads break off and set up on their own (2 and 3 man squads) they NEVER answer any in game SqL comms or local becasue they are on TS. You are effectively killing the entire game for you side. How are the Sql's supposed to communicate with you.

Please for the sake of the game and it's future don't use teamspeak or set up 10 squads of 3 people, fill up the empty spaces in the other squads, you will live longer, have more chance of a medic reviving you and get that lone wolf mentality out of your head.  ''breath''

*Rant* over.

So Sayeth the Para.

P. 

You know those kinds of people don't actually read the forums anyways right?

I don't understand these guys, why bother using TS when you have a VOIP ingame...

Hey Para,

Completely agree with you, seriously annoying when you call up on the SL channel and there is just silence. I'm always signed into the Squad channel on TS but that's just a meet and greet for clan members, all comms are done in-game.. Unless we are talking about you behind your back Para ;) lol

I/we use the in-game voip, but I really have issues hearing them on the radio compared to what a 3rd party voip can put out.

We need options to adjust voip volume.

I/we use the in-game voip, but I really have issues hearing them on the radio compared to what a 3rd party voip can put out.

We need options to adjust voip volume.

there already are those options in the audio menu, I changed mine to voice 100% and ingame effects 50%

there already are those options in the audio menu, I changed mine to voice 100% and ingame effects 50%

boom goes da dynamite.

The VOIP ingame is perfect, I don't get why people would use a teamspeak or Skype for that matter to communicate ingame  :rolleyes:

This issue will go away when the public release is out and people can host their own servers. In PR on the PRTA server for example we kick players not using mics. Im sure servers in Squad will do the same.

Damn... I already had that turned up and effects to 50%..

I guess the problem is in my end then.. Guess the levels of my headset equalizer are a bit screwed up.. Or I need to have my ears checked :)

Damn... I already had that turned up and effects to 50%..

I guess the problem is in my end then.. Guess the levels of my headset equalizer are a bit screwed up.. Or I need to have my ears checked :)

Good excuse to buy a new fandangled headset ;)

I agree 100% it bugs the hell out of me when you join a squad of people using TS and not communicating what-so-ever ingame. It really kills the whole mechanic of the game. I can understand using TS to set up your squad of clanmates, but after that use ingame for god sakes.

the 303rd only uses TS to set up and organize our play sessions.

in game is best game.

the 303rd only uses TS to set up and organize our play sessions.

in game is best game.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, something like that is fine but to use TS throughout an entire match and no in game really hurts your team.

You are totally killing the Squad mechanics.. I realise now when these small squads break off and set up on their own (2 and 3 man squads) they NEVER answer any in game SqL comms or local becasue they are on TS. You are effectively killing the entire game for you side. How are the Sql's supposed to communicate with you.

Please for the sake of the game and it's future don't use teamspeak or set up 10 squads of 3 people, fill up the empty spaces in the other squads, you will live longer, have more chance of a medic reviving you and get that lone wolf mentality out of your head.  ''breath''

*Rant* over.

So Sayeth the Para.

P. 

Well said sir!!

Do what the Para says or else.... :D

That's exactly what I'm talking about, something like that is fine but to use TS throughout an entire match and no in game really hurts your team.

yep, agreed 100%. use in game voip or look forward to getting kicked in the future.

Hmm in my experience the fast majority uses in-game VoIP..

me too. ive only ran into one guy trying to promote his community in-game by spamming his TS server info in the all chat. i wonder if thats a reportable offense..?

me too. ive only ran into one guy trying to promote his community in-game by spamming his TS server info in the all chat. i wonder if thats a reportable offense..?

It'll have to be, cause it's ruining the gameplay pretty much! I'm looking forward to the kicking ability. But like I said before in other topics, I rather encourage people to use in-game VoIP then punish those who aren't.

I haven't run into anyone yet myself, so I consider myself lucky. But I've seen it happen in PR and I reeeeally don't want to see it happen in squad lmao.

Para, we may have a different taste in gun sounds... But I agree with you totally here!! TS is contrary to what this game is about. This game is about randy strangers being able to have clan-like tactical squad communications in-game. TS ruins that dynamic.

Im sometimes guilty of using our Clan TS while ingame.....but, I have it bound to a key that is not in use for Squad.  When Im playing I pay attention and chat it up in the game voip.  Im not the biggest talker while Im playing so unless I have something to add I prefer to keep the coms clear.  The one exception is for when I get TK'd and then I want to know your forum name!!  :ph34r::lol:

LOCAL voice is poor...i`v got blue name in left-down corner but i dont hear him or very little...enhance the LOCAL voip chanel...and range up to 100m becouse if u see enemy on 100m they are dangerous with rifle who have 200-300m effective range.