Niklasgunner

Picking up kits

Will this in some form return? Right now, once both medics are killed, there is no way to revive downed teammates. Due to that squad survivability is quite a lot lower than in PR.

imagine if you could toss the medkit to somebody else. but being the medic means you spawn with it, and you use it at a lot faster rate.

Imagine being able to pic up someones kit when your out of ammo and your whole squad is dead, or at least give me a knife so i can defend myself =)

all for a combat knives! and maybe add some sort of fight system so it doesn't turn in to cod running around shanking each other. on my buddies last deployment he stabbed the fuck out of a haji that jumped on him, even in modern combat shit like that happens all the time.

now as far as picking up kits it seems reasonable if you can pick up your teammates weapon or go up to their body an nab there ammo at-least. however skills should not transfer with the new kit. medics are very specially trained. regular soldiers just know how to stop the bleeding until medics can get to the casualty. plus i can see that getting exploited pretty easily!

Its a lot of work for adding something that isnt desirable or constructive to the gameplay we want to achieve with Squad.

You've got to be pulling our leg here. Being able to pick up the medic kit and revive is paramount to gameplay no?

Desmo, I think your suggestion is very important to be in the game of Squad. I would hope a human would be able to pick up another gun if necessary and use it to defend their life. I wouldn't NOT pick up another gun if my life depended on it. Hopefully that gets added in eventually.

Not my suggestion. It's from Battlefield and PR and was pretty important to gameplay in PR. Squad wipes didn't happen unless you actually wiped the whole squad. Leave one enemy alive and you risk the others being revived. It made thoroughly clearing out an area an important task.

Medkit would be the most important pickup from dead comrade. But also squads HAT / LAT or other maybe mission crucial gear.

If both medics and SL get wiped in a fight and the rest survive... Then what? Squad could be divided and leaderless for a long time.

You have 2 medics in a squad, protect them. That is their role to revive, not for anyone that picks up his stuff isn't magically able to perform his job.

If that fails you have RPs, FOBs and soon vehicles.......... 

You can't be immortal. Get another squads medic to help out them.

I kind of like this change from PR. :) Now it will be important to identify the enemy medics and shoot them first.

Which is against the Geneva Convention and typical ROEs. I'm not even going to argue the point that everyone in the unit knows the same level of self-aid and buddy care. Yes medics have more training and that's reflected in the ability to revive, but I just think it's not great for gameplay. Maybe it's just something PR vets will have to get used to.

What's your point? You're not telling me anything I don't already know and not contributing to the conversation.

It's a video game. But there is also a reason we don't have the ability to make people dead dead by shooting their bodies while they're incapacitated and we were told it was because of gameplay.

I was trying to illustrate that if your medics die, then you still have plenty of ways to get back in the fight.

Loosing 2 medics should be a punishment. Protect the valuables in your squad.

The insurgents won't honor conventions anyway. As for conventional forces nobody can be accused of singling out medics because medics these days aren't clearly marked and are armed to the teeth just like the rest of his squad.

I kind of like this change from PR. :) Now it will be important to identify the enemy medics and shoot them first.

I give you one rather funny tactic plan from grand old lady, shoot enemy troops and wait when medic(s) arrive. Since dead mates draw medics like a *pliip* flies soon there is atleast one of those creatures. Kill the medic(s) and move on. Don't tell this to everyone I hate when I'm the medic which is killed by this. :D

I was trying to illustrate that if your medics die, then you still have plenty of ways to get back in the fight.

Loosing 2 medics should be a punishment. Protect the valuables in your squad.

Ok. What about other kits? Your rifleman AT goes down unabled to be revived and you can't use his LAW?

Dragging is a difference from PR, you will have a greater chance of revival than in PR.

If your LAT dies (LIGHT anti tank) then you should use coordination and communication to get another asset on the map to assist you with whatever issue you have.

i can understand not being able to pick up a medics kit but as for guns and launcher classes they should defiantly be able to be picked up you can be shown the proper use of a rpg 7 in a afternoon not that you would be as effective as someone thats practiced or for a law i think that their are actually instructions for use printed on the side or picking up a AR class anyone who has used a ak can use a rpk and i think most u.s. infantry are familiarized with m 249 usage.

You can also pick up rocks in real life. And chairs. And you can wiggle your toes, and you can splash each other with water, and some people can wiggle their ears too.

All these examples are not helpful to the game and game play we want to have. Why is it so hard to understand that just because a gun is involved we can opt to not have something and that this is a game not a real life simulator.

EDIT:

For the record I am not ruling out that you may be able to pick up some kit equipment from fallen soldiers at some point in the far future. But don't expect it, especially not anytime soon.

You can also pick up rocks in real life. And chairs. And you can wiggle your toes, and you can splash each other with water, and some people can wiggle their ears too.

All these examples are not helpful to the game and game play we want to have. 

zfRBbaP.jpg

But really, I'm ok with that. It's a big change and one that will definitely take a while to get used to, but I think I'll like it in the end.

Take a while to get used to? It isn't a change as we have never had it, and this isn't PR either :P

Like I said it isn't being ruled out. Just not on the drawing board.

One of the things I hated the most from PR is the kit cycling and just assuming anyones role and associated skills and training just because their stuff is lying on the ground in front of you. Now that is an immersion breaker for me.