Shocked Koala

Squad DEVS!!! Please add this.

I reckon it could be possible.... performance wise only time can tell. ArmA 3 (BIS) are a very determined bunch of devs. I salute them. I can only hope they will not give up on their formula because that's what ArmA is all about. Very ambitious and not greedy... "cough" EA "cough....." :ph34r:

Hell yeah the scope.... too bad BIS had not come up with this since BIS are the closet to MilSim. :(

If you've played the Tactical Battlefield mod for Arma3, on the US side there is a scope option for a "3D" scope which does what this does here. I don't know if they've added it to insurgent or Russian scopes haha.

If you've played the Tactical Battlefield mod for Arma3, on the US side there is a scope option for a "3D" scope which does what this does here. I don't know if they've added it to insurgent or Russian scopes haha.

Yeah I've heard of tacBAF but not yet have I found an aussie server. I would host one but to host a decent dedicated server is out of my budget.  :o

Lol, every single time I watch a arma or arma mod video where it says ''extreme realism bla bla'' I just giggle to myself while watching the video. Just look at those shitty animations, effects and mechanics, I never understood how people can take Arma so seriously :P

Not Bashing or anything, just my feeeeelz.

On topic, I don't think this is something that will be in Squad. Simply because Squad doesn't use real rendered optics due to the performance issues it causes with the scale of Squad.

What a painful video to watch and listen to. But was done in February , what happened  to the game since?

since?

lol Dust's next selling point:

"If you thought the keybinds in Arma were extensive... boy do we have a game for YOU!"

C'mon now don't knock the game. It's very ambitious... you're all forgetting we're getting closer and closer to the "future" and only time will tell if this world ends before then or we all get to see some really sick ass GFX.... look at the ambitions of Tom clancy: The division... dynamic systems like in-game world degregation..... what these ambitious games such as Arma and the video I have linked is the future... but only time and if we have time left will or may not come into fruition........

Sorry, every time I watch videos of this game I just cringe. Can you imagine the crowd of nitpickers standing around ammo crates forever like in ARMA tweaking every freaking last thing on their weapons? So tedious.

Yeah, ambitious, I'll give him props for that.

Sorry, every time I watch videos of this game I just cringe. Can you imagine the crowd of nitpickers standing around ammo crates forever like in ARMA tweaking every freaking last thing on their weapons? So tedious.

Yeah, ambitious, I'll give him props for that.

Agreed Sir!.Just have to wait & see in what performance issues they gonna encounter when more objects are implemented!.

That game came out yesterday and it has negative reviews on steam... it's pretty much just a gun mechanic simulator at the moment it seems, no teams, no objectives, nothing apparently..

That game came out yesterday and it has negative reviews on steam... it's pretty much just a gun mechanic simulator at the moment it seems, no teams, no objectives, nothing apparently..

Vehicle will be implemented

absurd complexity =/= fun

people have this illusion that realism is fun. it is when it's done right, but having another arma game with everything short of a breathing button could never take off other than for leh lulz gimmicks factor. 10 buttons to reload =/= realism. receiver is fun and i'm sure everyone has thought "this would be great if it had multiplayer," but the idea of having a multiplayer receiver is something more along the lines of absurd max payne debris effects and ultra violence. not a huge open map with sniper rifles. that just ruins the lulz realism 10 buttons to load a rifle gimmick entirely

dust has you fooled because they tell you the game is realistic and it takes place in a modern theme. that's just labeling. the game isn't and will never be even remotely close to what they advertise it'll be

intruder meets receiver would be fun/funny. arma meets receiver just overly complicates an already overly complex game and nobody wants that. besides, ground branch is already essentially what this game is. and even then that game is overly complex too, and that's why it'll never be a big success that something like squad has the potential to be. all squad needs is tons of post processing effects and people will get in to it just for the graphics alone

i mean i love games like this as much as the next person here but i'm pretty sure all of us here know dust will fall flat on its face even with funding because the devs have no idea what they're doing

To be honest,I'm not going to hold my breath,it seems to me, if/when the game is released eventually, only folks with TopTip rigs would be able to play D.U.S.T.

Again I'll say it,it looks Cool(The Dogs Bolloxs) but will/would it be beneficial for gaming experience?

Vehicle will be implemented

If it's anything like the weapons.  ;)

1) Find the keys

2) Open door

3) Climb in 

4) Insert keys

5) Depress Clutch

6) Wiggle shift lever

7) Shift to neutral

8) Turn over engine

9) Don't flood it noob!

10) Turn over engine

11) Let idle to warm up

12) Shift to 1st

13) Let out clutch

14) D'oh! Stalled it

15).........

Just imagine the sequences you'd have to memorize to fire up a helo......  :lol:

absurd complexity =/= fun

people have this illusion that realism is fun.

other people have this illusion that they know what every other person on the planet thinks is fun.

If it's anything like the weapons. ;)

1) Find the keys

2) Open door

3) Climb in

4) Insert keys

5) Depress Clutch

6) Wiggle shift lever

7) Shift to neutral

8) Turn over engine

9) Don't flood it noob!

10) Turn over engine

11) Let idle to warm up

12) Shift to 1st

13) Let out clutch

14) D'oh! Stalled it

15).........

Just imagine the sequences you'd have to memorize to fire up a helo...... :lol:

Man I really don't mind, I'm a commercial simmer so basically before doing a 1 hour flight with an a320 or b737, I have to do like 1h-1h30 of pre flights things... :)

other people have this illusion that they know what every other person on the planet thinks is fun.

agree

Each person is different, some might find that fun others don't

I think sims are cool, don't get me wrong, but when you have to have a sequence of keystrokes to do something that IRL is fairly fluid, to me, it starts to feel like you're driving a robot, not inhabiting an avatar. For example, throwing a nade. IRL, you would have trained previously, so you would think "I need to throw a nade!", grab it, pull the pin and throw it. You wouldn't break that into 5 non related movements. Clicking a single key in game, holding down another key and releasing it is a closer approximation of the 3 related sequences IRL. It feels more fluid than hunting across a keyboard.

Frag Grenade
    • Safety Pin: Right Shift
    • Safety Pin Ring/Clip: R (Hold until ready to release)
    • Aim: Mouse 2
    • Throw: MMB
    • Adjust Throw: Mouse 1

I think he's got some great ideas, I love the way you can adjust your stance height, it's far more fluid and natural than in most games. and, it'd be a great SP shooting range or gun simulator. For the most part though, as a FPS, I'd find it way too frustrating, on top of having to focus on strategy, gunplay and out thinking your enemy, success will come down to who has best trained themselves with the keybinds and set up macros. 

I just loved it. At a first glance, it may look over complicated, but with some time you can do all the steps naturally, and you will have total control of your equip just like you have IRL. OFC, some key bindings must be fine tuned or fused for the sake of gameplay (you cannot simulate your feet in the game, so you will need to WASD the most part of the game).