marxman

Creating Trail Markers with Shovels

So, I was talking to a buddy about a game he played, and he mentioned something about creating little sand castles with a plastic shovel item as a joke in game. This in turn got my thoughts going for a second and I thought wait, this could be incredibly useful! I give you......

Tactical Trailer Markers

What do I mean by this?

If you've ever been hiking, you may have encountered (or made yourself) trail markers to mark things for yourself and other hikers. They are incredibly useful IRL, as they can tell you when you're going in circles/where you've been, and can also mark dangerous areas. I want to propose a similar option in squad to mark things for teammates visually.

I imagine they would be deployed via menu by anyone, and you could build them up with a few shovel strokes.  A squad could mark a position for future reference, mark around fields/pathways that enemies have been shooting around, and even marking safe passages through areas. I have MSpainted up my idea with my infinite artistic skill, this is what I came up with for the trail marker as a 2 stage buildable:

80360f9a5d.jpg

You could have them be different for each side, so that if you stumbled upon enemy markers you could gain a lot of intelligence by carefully observing. As an avid hiker and fan of tactical shooters, this would be something I would absolutely love to see in game.

Thoughts?

I imagine they would be deployed via menu by anyone, and you could build them up with a few shovel strokes. (1) A squad could mark a position for future reference, (2) mark around fields/pathways that enemies have been shooting around, (3) and even marking safe passages through areas. I have MSpainted up my idea with my infinite artistic skill, this is what I came up with for the trail marker as a 2 stage buildable:

1) Better off using the map, and the squad leader/commander could put a mark on the map

2) It's probably better to be aware of where the enemy is / could possibly be, and use that as a guide to safely position yourself

3) I wouldn't ever assume an area is safe. Even if it's surrounded by teammates, there's always that straggler that can come in and shit on your plans.

It's a neat idea, but I think communication and map markers / coordinates, do most of work that this would have done.

I have died to many a noob in PR who have not put markers of their IED on the map, and not putting a rock pile down. I support having the ability to put markers, but perhaps not as something to build, instead something a soldier places.

hmmmmmmmmmm.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

honestly -- i'm intrigued.

im not sure how it'd be implemented, but, i'm intrigued. not totally sold.

but intrigued.

hmmmmmmmmmm.

but intrigued.

hmmmmm..yes.

You can put rock piles down in PR? Well maybe thats my problem!

I've been playing PR since .6 and I didnt know this hahahahaha.

​I really like Vynal's idea about just being able to place them via the menu rather than build them up. I think these would be great in combo with map markers.

hmmmmmmmmmm.

but intrigued.

hmmmmm..yes.

hmmm agreed. hmmm