America

If you BRAG about your K/D you are the problem

Got into it with a lone wolf today! Won't mention his name, he knows who he is and hopefully he will change his ways,but to make a long story short. He was bragging about his k/d claiming the only reason they won was because of him, yet his score didn't reflect that. Made my day to be honest! Thought it was hilarious. Anyway kids,ladies and gentlemen don't be that nob that runs around the map only looking for kills, stick with your squad or fire team and don't act like a child. Cheers ;)

Ah I remember that game where you had that argument. :( I'm sorry about your experience with him though :(.

lol you said in the gayest way possible. That last sentence lmao

This game isnt about "oh mah gurd look at me KD" its about working as a cog in a big war machine making it fire all pistons chugging away. Everyone has a part to play and so what if you went 0-4 but got over 1k points playing medic keeping yo guys alive and cappin those points. 

I hope that the game ends up playing the KD, stats and the likes way down. The further they stay from CoD and other stat driven games, the bether this will work out!

What the hell brought that on?

You what?

Anyways, in my opinion KD does make sense per Squad.

For example in Project Reality you can see how many kills people have, but no one really cares about that. What people do care about, and what is pretty important is the overall Squad K/D's. This is also what actually gets looked at. When you open the Squad scoreboard and you see some squads that have 12-30 you know that they are doing something wrong and should probably be less aggressive due to them loosing more tickets then gaining for the team. 

That said, when a squad has a near positive or around even KD it usually is doing alright enough. And when a squad has 50-6 KD you know that they can handle themselves, and should probably be the ones taking the most risky actions. 

As a infantry Squad, you are quite proud if you have the best KD at the end of the round because you know that your squad played a very important role for your teams win.

K/D don't mean shit. I've gotten sad K/D but was #1 in my squad because of points.  ;)

Points also mean nothing :P

Yeah even when I see the scoreboard points really mean nothing... Of course unless the squad I'm in pulls a 30k+ round, meaning we did 90% of the work (which we did playing musical flags), then they mean something  :lol: But other than that, the experience and pulling a win are what have meaning.

Yeah even when I see the scoreboard points really mean nothing... Of course unless the squad I'm in pulls a 30k+ round, meaning we did 90% of the work (which we did playing musical flags), then they mean something  :lol: But other than that, the experience and pulling a win are what have meaning.

Points still mean nothing, you could be a squad just hanging in the back spotting and telling other squads everything and you wont get a lot of points for that but maybe did the most important part in the game, sure normaly more points mostly mean a better performance but not all the time.

Same as in PR  :P

I'd rather win and have the points. I can admit that I can have a shit K/D but points shows that you've taken objectives etc.  ;)

Please name & shame!?...LoL!.

Its understandable that players from different gaming would like K/D highlighted so everyone can see,they will learn very fast,that's not the case!. :D  

Points still mean nothing, you could be a squad just hanging in the back spotting and telling other squads everything and you wont get a lot of points for that but maybe did the most important part in the game, sure normaly more points mostly mean a better performance but not all the time.

Same as in PR  :P

Well yeah, the whole point of the game is to work together as a team... Being a lone wolf no matter how "good" you think you are doing, isn't actually doing anything for the team, and you are selfishly looking after your own gain. Which in the end is nothing but numbers that don't actually show how much teamwork you put in. With PR, it shows you how much work (building FOBS, capping objectives) you put in before your K/D score which is something I like.

well, i like it when i have more kills than deaths

and i wanna see it after the match

Everyone that is saying Kill/Death ratio doesn't mean anything... I understand what you're trying to say but it does mean something. However I do believe it's annoying when people BRAG about their K/D like it's the only thing that matters. Having a nice K/D does help the team in a way. We know, or at least most of us, there are many more factors that go into winning than dying less and killing more.

But we can't sit here and say K/D "doesn't mean shit." Because it does. The less my squad is dying, the better. That means they're playing smart, the medic is doing it's job, and many other things. The more my squad is killing, the better. That means they're taking out more enemy forces during the time that they are alive. Which is a good thing. Let's not sit here and act like K/D doesn't mean a thing at all.

Of course... don't brag about your K/D and don't make it your main focus in a match. Stay humble.

I really like to see my kills on the scoreboard. Sometimes you aren't sure if you killed somebody during the battle, and you kill # can confirm.

I don't get a lot of kills usually, so it's easy to count! ;)