SFSS-scarypunk

Triple Monitor support

This is like cheating against normal players. Such situational awareness allows to gain critical advantage, no doubt about it. Saying: "they can buy two new monitors too", is like saying "they can buy high-end GPU too" if 3d scope was implemented. Just saying....

On 10/5/2016 at 2:34 PM, Banned said:

This is like cheating against normal players. Such situational awareness allows to gain critical advantage, no doubt about it. Saying: "they can buy two new monitors too", is like saying "they can buy high-end GPU too" if 3d scope was implemented. Just saying....

So you are still playing on a 14 inch black and white monitor at 320X240?  Same argument was used when the first svga monitors came out and was called unfair because you could now see more detail at distance, Same argument was used when the first widescreen monitors came out.

It's people adopting newer technologies which push development so you can have the pc and monitor you currently use.

Edited by coolman

On 10/14/2016 at 7:56 PM, XRobinson said:

1c1aaa566fcf6b1227ffa9bbdb545a95.jpg

Did you know 360 degree monitors are in the works?  Three monitors...old school now...:)

My neck is sore just looking at that.

I didn't feel I had much advantage running Eyefinity on BFBC2, and it even got kind of disorienting if you played like a paranoid freak.  Maybe I needed better frames or the tech is better now.

Don't forget, even if people have 2+ monitors, they still only have 2 eyes (max) and 1 brain (debatable) with which to perceive and process information.

For instance, it was mentioned here that "My peripheral vision has saved me so many times, and having the map up all the time is super useful." So maybe the peripheral can help, but you could also just set your FOV wider on your one monitor and have the same--if not better, since it's an "artificial" peripheral?--effect. I never set my FOV high, so I'm not sure if that can pose a disadvantage when working in the main ~30-45° cone in front of you, though. As for the map thing, maybe it's a disadvantage sometimes, if he looks to the right monitor and misses an enemy crossing his field of vision directly in front of him.

I guess I'm just saying the potential advantage is fairly negligible, in the grand scheme of things.

On 5-10-2016 at 3:34 PM, Banned said:

Cheating that is a big word :) Every pc and setup is different and thus this creates the balance . Someone has a fast gpu but might not have a good mouse. Or that someone might not have good headphones. Or have noisy room mates so he misses more shots. Or have cheese in his keyboard. :D Trillion factors, no more like infinite amount of factors so we have balance. :) 

Have been playing dual eyefinity for a while now and while situational awareness increases, since the human eye is naturally made for a wide horizontal vision, everything becomes smaller in higher resolution and with such fov this means that combat up close, especially indoors becomes more difficult. Enemies that close in on you it is hard to see them and notice anything but they are focussed on you lol :) 

It is in a large part harder to play, you see enemies 4x smaller cause you play in 4k (4x 1080p)

There are cons and pro's to every setup I think and a skilled player with a inferior setup will probably always outmatch a player with a better system but no feeling for tactics, more so. 

Tactics are much important in the overall factors of Squad, it's not really about your pc at all.

You can have a crap pc, work out a great tactic and win against a superior force easily.

:D

Edited by MDInteractive

On 1/18/2016 at 11:14 AM, DesmoLocke said:

lpIKIsZ.png

i think ppl with 2 displays could use an external map (like in war thunder)

Hi Folks!

I have still problems to go in Tripplescreen.

Search for Engine.ine and found the following

[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=../../../Squad/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/LeapMotionController/Content
Paths=../../../Squad/Plugins/TrueSkyPlugin/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/TrueSkyPlugin/Content
Paths=../../../Squad/Plugins/OWICore/Content
Paths=../../../Squad/Plugins/LogitechG/Content

[Audio]
UnfocusedVolumeMultiplier=0.000000

Now where to put in the

[/script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

And looking to the GameUserSettings.ini
i did not find the part where i can change the FOV to 60

[/Script/Squad.SQGameUserSettings]
MusicVolume=0.000000
UnfocusedVolumeMultiplier=0.000000
ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1080
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080
Version=6
PlayerNamePrefix=
bJumpCausesUnCrouch=True
bJumpCausesUnProne=True
bShowFTE=True
bFTEStartedGame=True
bFTEShowOpenedMap=False
bFTEShowSpawned=True
bFTEShowBecameSL=True
bFTEShowBecameMedic=True
bFTEShowBeganBleeding=True
bFTEShowTurnedOnEngine=True
bFTEShowEnteredSupplyTruck=True
bShowDiffVerServers=False
bShowEmptyServers=False
PreferredFullscreenMode=0
DesiredScreenWidth=1920
DesiredScreenHeight=1080
LastRecommendedScreenWidth=-1.000000
LastRecommendedScreenHeight=-1.000000
LastCPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkMultiplier=1.000000
FullscreenMode=0
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=0

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=200.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=3
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=3
sg.FoliageQuality=3

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False

Can someone bring me to the point.

Now i also only see 3 Server in the multiplayer server Monitor.

greets from Austria

drxdidi

So tried to get this sorted again, and it will work in multi screen and is nearly playable, but the fov limit of 120 just makes it unusable. It's nearly there.

But the fov needs to be app 135 to 140 which is available in most games, but the limit in squad is 120 so still too zoomed in and you keep leaning back so far that you fall out of your seat.

Fine on a console with a couch, but sucks on pc

Posted (edited)

Just be happy with your setup! You can play with iron sights as if you had 12x scope(and how OP it is when you're sitting in 30mm/14mm/CROWS), map on third monitor and see so much more than almost all other players. And all of that at the same time! What can be better than that?

But yeah, that's pretty sad they allowed maximum 120 horizontal FOV. It doesn't even make sense. If someone wants to play at 150 horizontal FOV on their 16:9 monitor - let them do it, who cares.

Edited by Skul

I haven't had triple screen support since 9.6! Help The current update doesn't allow me to work around this problem or if it does the instructions above need to be updated.

Needs support for 3 screens. 120 degrees is too low to allow us a good view in 3 screens as other first person shooters (ARMA3, RisingStorm2 Vietnam, Battlefield, etc..) Thanks!