SFSS-scarypunk

Triple Monitor support

currently its working but thers something wrong witht he resolution or the fov so you can barely see your gun and isnt really playable as is.  unless someone can tell me any different?

Won't it be some kind of "unfair advantage" of the more rich players? The same way the 3d scope picture in picture option was scraped off, because players with stronger expensive graphics cards could have "unfair advantage" of vision over weaker cheap graphics players who couldn't afford that option to be turned on?

Won't it be some kind of "unfair advantage" of the more rich players? The same way the 3d scope picture in picture option was scraped off, because players with stronger expensive graphics cards could have "unfair advantage" of vision over weaker cheap graphics players who couldn't afford that option to be turned on?

You'd rather neglect everyone the possibility to enhance their immersion and experience through hardware and peripherals?

Also, I'm interested as to what your standpoint is when it comes to people using lower graphics settings (Lower particle-count, foliage render distance and amount of shadows offers better visibility)due to either economical or competetive reasons.

Is triple monitor going to be supported in squad?

Can we please freaking worry about the other 99% of stuff before we worry about this, SLI, VR, etc? 1/1200 Gamers use Triple screens. 1/46 use Two Screens. 90% of all Gamers use a single screen. Let's go ahead and focus on that first okay? Yeah thanks. PS: I have multiple Surround System's, Multiple VR System's, and Many Single Display System's, so if anyone is worried about Track IR, VR, Surround Support, it should be me. I have just been in this business for over a decade now and get how things should work, and usually do work, for obvious and legitimate reasons.

Can we please freaking worry about the other 99% of stuff before we worry about this, SLI, VR, etc? 1/1200 Gamers use Triple screens. 1/46 use Two Screens. 90% of all Gamers use a single screen. Let's go ahead and focus on that first okay? Yeah thanks. PS: I have multiple Surround System's, Multiple VR System's, and Many Single Display System's, so if anyone is worried about Track IR, VR, Surround Support, it should be me. I have just been in this business for over a decade now and get how things should work, and usually do work, for obvious and legitimate reasons.

YNuLoZb.jpg

YNuLoZb.jpg

Yes, of course I was drunk. I have 10 Kegs of the Northwest's best Craft Ales on tap a foot away from my Workstation. LOL

Let me TD:LR that for ya brother; Lets get some APC's, Armor, Helo's, and the we can worry about SLI, Surround, Track IR, VR implementation.

Seriously though, I can't even run [email protected] on this engine yet (in any UE4 Game) with the best Cherry picked ES i7 from Intel and the $1000 Titan-X from Nvidia. What's the point of focusing on support for more resolution if we can't even push it yet with the best Hardware that exists. Baby steps dude. Baby steps.

"Rich" players always have the advantage ....thats life work hard to better yourself and become rich overcome hurdles to obtain goals

buy 5 monitors a ferrari a bigger house not many homeless peoples play squad....

but they (the "rich" ) will never know the sheer joy of the last HP payment :)

rejoice in what you can achieve not what you cant

well this thread derailed.

having three monitors doesn't make someone rich.  It means they allocated monies to something they enjoy.  I don't spend much on things other then my computer as i have a house payment and porche payments.

(just kidding about the porche. i drive a ford.)

well this thread derailed.

having three monitors doesn't make someone rich.  It means they allocated monies to something they enjoy.  I don't spend much on things other then my computer as i have a house payment and porche payments.

(just kidding about the porche. i drive a ford.)

To a man with a donkey you ARE rich ! and you have 3 monitors SOOOO rich  :rolleyes:

Ultrawide works, just gotta lock horizontal fov fix in the engine ini settings. 

any chance of a screenshot ? i love the idea  :P

Im another that would like to know please if you could share how and where to do this :-)

Sure

Lock the horizontal FOV by going to appdata\local\squad\config\windowsnoeditor and opening engine.ini and adding this at the bottom [/script/Engine.LocalPlayer] AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV and make it read only. that changes the FOV measurement from horizontal to vertical

It should look like this

[Core.System] Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=../../../Squad/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/LeapMotionController/Content>
[/script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

You will also want to change your FOV to about 60 in the GameUserSettings.ini found here
C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Note there are some quirks, like if your FOV resets every time you die, just toggle ADS on and off (under controls options in game) and it magically fixes. 

Otherwise, yes UltraWide works. Just not great. ACOGS might not work right either, binos, etc. 

I run resolution 5760x1080 didn't find to many issue compared to some games only issue i had i could not select it from drop down had to type it in console but even at that res i had 130fps so Squads done well so far just needs minor tweaks

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/609475719854830418/99039CDCCEF54DD7CC403369194D877B13215E37/

Anyone got a fix for menu's or FOV while in game ? I just got this set up the other week, can Basically not play the game unless i'm on a single monitor. (3 ultrawides )

12823074_973642716023653_1183914215_o.jp

Edited by rizlah

Cheers for the replies, I guess we will have to wait for the fov, menu and huge gun sight to be fixed before it's playable. 

As for unfair advantage? So people still play on 14 inch 320x240 black and white monitors then?

On 30/09/2016 at 0:16 PM, happy said:

could all the poor people stop complaining please :)

hi trev :) aka coolman

KILL HIM, burn it with fire.   ,er Hi Slaps

On 23/01/2016 at 1:15 AM, MINTY said:

Kinda weird, I would not be able to get used to the black lines between monitors.

No different then the window pillars on your car . the motion is behind them

On 1/23/2016 at 3:15 AM, MINTY said:

Kinda weird, I would not be able to get used to the black lines between monitors.

And you wouldn't have to. You can remove plastic frames across  LCD display. You could also just use your main monitor as usual and use a right one to look at map without interfering to your view on main monitor.