Squad Leader Recommendation Thread!

Totally stole this idea from the Project Reality forum. No shame.

The purpose of this thread is to share with the community if you had an effective squad leader and enjoyed being in his or her squad. It will serve as a place to share your great experiences and give the squad leader some feedback. Please, only positive feedback in this thread!

We've all been there. We've played under the command of or with good and bad squad leaders. It's a crucial part of the game to have individuals willing to step up and be dedicated to that role. Let's help get the good ones recognized!

A good SL is essential to a great round of Squad. Whether they employ solid strategies, or knowing where to go, or helping newbies learn the game; all of these traits are worth highlighting as it makes your game experience better! It improves the game for the entire community really.

Let's try to keep it to this format for easy recommendation submissions.

Player name:Player nationality (optional):Date & time of round:Map and side:Act of heroism or good conduct: (your text here; like an after action report)

List of Recommended Squad Leaders

+++++

005_Joe_Mama
AMG System-Zero

Blackhawk

BLITZA
Cheesy_LeScrub

Chronic
DesmoLocke
Griff
Gunther
Hellfire

IrOnTaXi

IRONXBAY

Japseye

jteverett
Kurtd
MrChaggy
Nutella the Hun
Protector

PRwars Clay2
Rossy Raider
RussUK
SandSukka

Socrates
Sparcany
[siN]Rekdek
Unfrail
USMC Vicious

Last updated: 19 Dec 2015 at 16:45 EST

Player name: Protector

Player nationality (optional): British I think?

Date & time of round: Tuesday, 20 September 2015, approx 16:00 EST

Map and side: Kohat as U.S. Army

Act of heroism or good conduct:

Simply put, he saved my bacon! We had a forward attacking element of 3 guys attacking any enemy FOB while the rest of the squad held back to provide suppressing fire. 2 out of 3 guys didn't make it across the river. I was the lone man left. I continued my assault as directed to harass the enemy position. I was getting tunnel vision with my ACOG. With his binoculars, Protector was able to warn me of advancing enemy forces and call out their positions to me over the radio. I actually felt really assured someone was watching my back even if it was all the way across the valley. Thanks Protector! You really lived up to your name!

He was also effective managing the full squad of 9 guys. Excellent use of his mic and he was very active and responsive in comms. He was open to requests for ammo crates and other suggestions from the squad. Overall, it was a fun round.

https://youtu.be/srbEmWFjgkw?t=6m47s

Player name: Protector

Player nationality (optional): English

Date & time of round: Every round

Map and side: Every map of every game

Act of heroism or good conduct: Being a fearless bastard

Player name: 005_Joe_Mama

Player nationality (optional): Unsure! But he speaks good English!

Date & time of round: 2 days ago I think? 

Map and side: Kohat, US

Act of heroism or good conduct: He was an all around solid SL. He stayed focused and didn't let setbacks in the game for any reason diminish his desire to keep up the fight and keep his squad working hard towards the victory. 

(your text here; like an after action report) I touched his butt. It's nice.

Player name: Rossy Raider

Player nationality (optional): British I´m about 95% sure...

Date & time of round: I played 5 Times with him now I think. (Randomly found him on the UK/german servers every time)

Map and side: Well a few maps and both sides.

Act of heroism or good conduct: He is just a really good leader and always good for a joke, he knows how to entertain his squad when there are down times (witch is what makes a really good squad lead in pr and Squad for me). He knows how to order you around and has a filthy British mouth (in a good way!)

Player name: Rosey Ray

Player nationality (optional): Kingdom of London

Date & time of round: Since the dawn of time

Map and side: Earth

Act of heroism or good conduct: Put down an ammo crate for me.

Player name: Hellfire

Player nationality (optional): [EDIT] not sure

Date & time of round: Multiple days and multiple rounds

Map and side: Multiple maps

Act of heroism or good conduct: Good use of comms, takes control, works together with other SL's. I'll definitely recommend him as SL.

Player name: Rossy Raider

Player nationality (optional): British

Date & time of round: Played a couple of rounds with him

Map and side: A couple of maps, both sides..

Act of heroism or good conduct: He's tactical, smart, funny and knows how to keep a squad together. 

Player Name: RussUK 

Player Nationality: English

Date & time of round: Too many to name

Map and side: Too many to name 

Act of heroism or good conduct: Just an all around good SL that communicates well to his squad and other SL's. Plus all round nice guy, has good fun every time. Recommendation lol. 

Player Name: HellFire

Player Nationality: English

Date & time of round: Too many to name

Map and side: Too many to name 

Act of heroism or good conduct: Communication on point, good member to have in your squad, very good SL (gets stuff done).. and can also have a laugh (guess theres a pattern emerging here lol) I would recommend. Dont worry i will put a rally lol. 

Any more good SLs guys? Who should I be following when I'm not in the mood to squad lead?

(plus there have been a lot of negative posts lately so let's change it up!)

Hard to list these guys into the format as I have played a lot with all of them but the best squad leaders I have found so far have been

USMC Vicious
Cheesy_LeScrub

Gunther
MrChaggy

These guys are super solid and always do an amazing job, They are a blast to play with.

Hard to list these guys into the format as I have played a lot with all of them but the best squad leaders I have found so far have been

USMC Vicious

Cheesy_LeScrub

Gunther

MrChaggy

These guys are super solid and always do an amazing job, They are a blast to play with.

It's far more straightforward when you've got quality soldiers to command. Cheers, Lion.

--

I've not played under Vicious as a squaddie, but he gets a +1 from me as a brilliant Squad Leader to engage with when also leading a Squad. I've had him as a colleague several times and his communication and nous has been top rate. Well done, bud.

Player name: Desmolocke

Player nationality (optional): USA (Edit)

Date & time of round: Sunday, 11 Oktober 2015, approx 23:00 UTC

Map and side: Not sure, Insurgents

Act of heroism or good conduct:

Very good and tactical team-player. Good placement of FOB(a lot), RP's and ammo crates. We were at flag 3 waiting for other squads to capture flag 2. We already placed an FOB up front near flag 4 (and destroyed an enemy FOB). Our team captured flag 2.

Desmolocke told us to stay on flag 3 until it was fully captured and then 3 of us (including me) go to flag 4. We did encounter some resistance, i killed one and then got shot (you should've send a medic with us :P). Then told to spawn and get back at flag 3 and had major battle there from all sides (very nice enemy attack i must say), we got killed.

Other squads were closing in at flag 3 as well, so we spawned at the FOB that we previously build near flag 4. As soon as we had flag 4 captured. Desmolocke was already on an mission to place another FOB to attack flag 5 from. Now we had FOB near flag 4 to attack flag 5 from the south and one to the east of flag 5. We captured flag 5 and bleed them out of tickets

We did this really quickly all together. I really think this is how the game should be played. You surely are an good example for how (sneaky) squadleading should be done! :ph34r:

Gotta +1 Vicious as well.  Run under him several times, and he's definitely a competent, no-BS guy.  There's been a few games we've carried teams to close losses despite being the only functional squad due to his leadership.

Oughta add [siN]Rekdek to that list as well.  He was the first SL I had when I picked up squad, and was not only extremely helpful in helping me pick up the mechanics and what-not, but possessed good situational and map awareness as well.

Unfrail is an excellent SL, too.

-snip-

Thanks for the write up! Yep we were on Logar playing the Day layer with the single southern flag route. It was a great game! And I only split up my squad like that when we have good squad members. We had a great squad that round. GG

Player name: Kurtd

Player nationality: Think german?

Date & time of round: 10/9-15 several rounds

Map and side: both sides and several maps

Act of heroism or good conduct: really calm and clear as SL. Kept the squad tightly together for several rounds, one round was won after 15-20 min and with more then 400 tickets because of his actions. One round we completed above 30.000 team points.

He had humor, kept calm no matter what happend, and praised every squad member when they did something good. I would not hesitate joining his squad again.

+1 for Cheesy - the feeling is mutual sir.
+1 for Chaggy - awesome all round solid fella.

I nominate

Player Name: ptc|Cherokee AND Sparcany(I don't recall his clan tag off the top of my dome)
AND tomabora12
Date & Time: I can't recall - played multiple games with them.

Map and side: Most maps, time : irrelevant.

Act of herois or good conduct: Great communicator - solid nugget on his head - exellent command / control. Easy going fella and has humour, this applies to all 3 gentlemen.

You guys humble me with your recomendations, thank you. ;)

Socrates

Murican

Not sure when I have played with him but its been a couple times.

The guy is so positive and happy its awesome 10/10.

Also sweatywinters

Murican

Only been with him once but his whole blufor squad is awesome to play with.

*i know im breaking the rules but I can't remember specifics:

Player(s): Fish/Rossy Raider/Hellfire/Sgt. Ross/Desmo/Nutella the Hun

Why Recommending? With even 1 of these men as squad leaders working alongside me or as my SL the game usually becomes one-sided in our favor. The level of comminication and coordination that exists is at such a consistently exceptional and ubiquitious level that I can't specify individual incidents; these men are IMO the top of the top. There are others and I apologize for not remembering the name.

I think we should start a squad member thread as well?

Done. But only because I was thinking about this topic at work last week. Seriously. I may have a problem.

I'm at work right now... Sigh.

Who - SandSukka

Why ? -  he led us to victory in a calm, collected, decisive manner using good comms and always PTFOing