Para

ParaPlays Squad ► Videos and Tutorials

244 posts in this topic

Regarding your "This is how to enjoy it more." video - great work, It's awesome to see yet one more Squad influencer get behind the idea of reduced hud for the sake of immersion and removal of the nametags, since their presence is one of my biggest issues with Squad at the moment (make the target identification a thing again!). I don't think the player community as a whole is ready for removing/reducing the nametags, but I firmly believe that this simple change would make the game much better (after a necessary teamkilling period before the people adjust, of course). 

One thing I'd like to point out though - contacts should be called out on the local voice instead of the squad radio, since the bearings are relevant mostly to the people within your local voice radius. Anyone 30m away or further would have to open his map and find where you're located before guessing where the contacts are in relation to themselves anyway. I find that using local voice for most of the communication and only using radio sparsely and when absolutely necessary dramatically improves every squad's effectivity.

Looking forward to your next video!

Agreed on the local comms point, I should of included that good point. Ya see! we all learn something everytime we play, Nice 1 and thanks.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, MultiSquid said:

Regarding your "This is how to enjoy it more." video - great work, It's awesome to see yet one more Squad influencer get behind the idea of reduced hud for the sake of immersion and removal of the nametags, since their presence is one of my biggest issues with Squad at the moment (make the target identification a thing again!). I find that using local voice for most of the communication and only using radio sparsely and when absolutely necessary dramatically improves every squad's effectivity.

Looking forward to your next video!

^ Totally agree! Do you think they can make nametag removal a server side option for admins? This would probably class the server as custom until Squad makes it the default setting for base game. I would much rather it be the default setting, and nametags-on be custom server setting for those looking for easy-play. However, I can see how that may compete with sales reach.  

I think forcing it off for everyone would have to be a Hardcore, or realism server. Not everybody wants that level of immersion or gameplay, and dont want to alienate certain players. There is a player base out there who wants it. The ONLY downside is not knowing player names when next to people and you want to talk to them. 

They just could have the tags pop up at close range only when you look directly at someone or even on keypress.

13 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

They just could have the tags pop up at close range only when you look directly at someone or even on keypress.

But thats what happens now.

You da man @Para my old mate!...Hope you haven't got a Headache from the gunshot to the face!.xD

Keep doing what your doing, cuz it's bloody great..

67114878.jpg

Out of curiosity, are you part of the OWI team in some way (beta tester etc?) that gives you access to the dev branches for these kinds of promotional purposes? 

12 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Out of curiosity, are you part of the OWI team in some way (beta tester etc?) that gives you access to the dev branches for these kinds of promotional purposes? 

No they kicked me out for producing lots of content for the community and not appreciating anything i do. So i stay clear of most of the devs now. They even made sure the new community manager didn't know me i hear.. **** knows why, i done loads for the game.

// Somebody gave me access to record the video.. no names (a dev)

Edited by Para

I really enjoy your content all the same even if the devs shy away. Your passion for Squad is clearly evident and infectious at times. I guess the devs might distance themselves because of your fiery, crazy nature that comes over in your vids but it's a refreshing change to many other dull YouTube creators. The quality of your edits is first class, love them. Keep it up please.

@MysteryDev :ph34r: Keep feeding Para the juicy content.

For the sake of not spreading misinformation to other people in the community and trying to put the developers in a bad light I'm going to make a minor correction there: kicked for not following the rules and leaking information you shouldn't have. Simple. Doesn't matter what you do for the game, there's no special treatment.

2 hours ago, Para said:

They even made sure the new community manager didn't know me i hear...

Hey Para. =) We chatted around day one; No conspiracy theory necessary. I still have that helpful DM you sent me in Discord on 6/13 updating me about r/PlaySquad for my first post, even. Feel free to loop back with me there or via email with your concerns.

34 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

For the sake of not spreading misinformation to other people in the community and trying to put the developers in a bad light I'm going to make a minor correction there: kicked for not following the rules and leaking information you shouldn't have. Simple. Doesn't matter what you do for the game, there's no special treatment.

I know the truth, i hear all of it from internal. 

Para's hearing voices again. Sound like a DALLAS tower moment, sure your ok. :) (joke)