Sign in to follow this  
Baltimorex

How I Want To See Armour In Squad

That's so hard to watch for anybody half decent at armour. Always looking in one direction, always on thermals, no sound checks, terrible understanding of the game, repeatedly missing a stationary target, terrible comms when they matter... But, as long as you simply rely on the invisible ghosting machine you can do just fine. Painful.

was just about to post a Rolling Thunder video  :lol: 

seriously, Rolling Thunder in Arma 3 with Burns's tanks will be epic:

What I really want is Warthunder's system.

Proper armor which when at the right angle can bounce shells that rely on kinetic force to penetrate, HEAT rounds actually being a cumulative munition that has to be hit at relatively straight on angles, because they do bounce rather easily IRL and have very reduced effectivnes if its not flat on (mind you this is in regards to heavily armored vehicles with composites and ceramics not just rolled steel plates..., hitting an APC which isnt armoured as well as an MBT is far more devastating.)

And proper HE/Frag rounds for anti-infantry.

While Im at it, I would also like HEAT mortar rounds for use against armor. Lets face it, 82mm HE wont do much damage to an ABRAMS, maybe crack some optics and bend the M2 barrel...

Tracks that can be shot off, different external and internal modules damaged, ammo rack explosions, fuel tank fires and so on. 

As much as I enjoyed PR and its armor, you only had armor against small arms and small canons. Against other tanks it didnt matter whether your turret front is 2 metres of depleted uranium or a japanese paper window...

The jist of it is, no health points, but a realistic depiction of armor and its use.. I realise its a tall order, especially with modern vehicles, but if you could get 20% of what I wrote into the game I would be super happy.