IrOnTaXi

US soldiers - First look at player models

Please no ACU!!!, I was in for 7 years and hated that stuff, use Multicam or Scorpion.

A few models with combat shirts would be great as well.

Unless it's like PR where we have maps spanning different time periods (Which, in the future, it totally should be! :D), I highly doubt we'll ever see ACU/UCP again.

The models in the game now use what I believe is Scorpion W2.

I just can't wait for them to update the models again.

ACU UCP all the way!!! :P It does a shit job at blending you into the environment, but it looks super cool. Could also serve as balance in insurgency, since the camo can be spotted more easily :)

If they'd model the ACU first, they would have a base for both UCP and OEF (multicam) camouflage textures, since both UCP and OEF ACU's don't have any differences cut-wise afaik (correct me if I'm wrong). Same with the issued UCP and OEF gear, only difference is the camo.

I really hope they won't start with the newest Scorpion stuff, it's just too new and people like to see camos that they've already seen in previous combat videos, movies etc.

More updated shot for you guys. 

Helmets and gear will be sorted out in next few weeks. (ie this stuff isnt final. dont worry)

9K8guvZ.jpg

It's only been over a year  :P

Think we can at least get a sneak peak of what the new US Player models will look like? 

looks great... when is the next big update (maybe with new maps, weapons, base building options, whatever) planned? 

greetz S0NNy

looks great... when is the next big update (maybe with new maps, weapons, base building options, whatever) planned? 

greetz S0NNy

Should be this week (maybe) or next week depending on how things go. Roy replied in another post saying the devs are working with some partners to get some "things" worked out. Imo they are working with some anti-cheat guys to get this hacker problem resolved, they just dont want to disclose who it is due to hackers being able to make workarounds before the cheat engine hits squad. 

Like how long time does it take to make some updates? im just curious, i understand you have alot to patch etc, but like the server lists,bug fixes and the list goes on, like do you plan to do ALL in one? like when are there coming new updates?

greetz S0NNy

Like how long time does it take to make some updates? im just curious, i understand you have alot to patch etc, but like the server lists,bug fixes and the list goes on, like do you plan to do ALL in one? like when are there coming new updates?

"If you've been following our development leading into Early Access, you will have noticed we release monthly content updates. We will continue to do this through the Early Access period, continuing with Alpha 4 at the end of January. For those worried that we are missing an update at the end of December, don't worry! We'll be doing a small update with a few important changes, but not enough for us to call it V4."

So basically the next big patch should be released any day now :D

Do you think they will add the proper shirt to the soldier? Like how the marines use the FROG, but army uses the plate carrier shirt like the FROG? Where it is really thin and all patches go on shoulders and the shirt is tucked in?

Do you think they will add the proper shirt to the soldier? Like how the marines use the FROG, but army uses the plate carrier shirt like the FROG? Where it is really thin and all patches go on shoulders and the shirt is tucked in?

You'll just have to wait and see, eh? ;)

So basically the next big patch should be released any day now  :D

I recall a recent dev post that the update will most likely come next week

Question.
Is it possible for the models to have 'bouncing' gear? For example, in BF2, when a soldier would sprint or jump, the loose bags and pouches would hop around due to the motion of the aforementioned soldier running. (If you've ever worn an ALICE belt, you know what I'm talking about.) I don't know what it was about that small detail that I liked so much, but it was something that always really stuck out to me. I'd love to see something like that again, for things like dump pouches and bags that are loosely attached. (the kind the Russian medic carries, for example.)

Like what I said before, it's important to show the mass and weight of the gear the guys are carrying. Really adds a whole new dimension to the characters.

If it's not planned right now, I don't expect anyone to jump on top of it right this second. I'm sure there are more important details that you lot would like ironed out still. I was just brainstorming.

For example, in BF2, when a soldier would sprint or jump, the loose bags and pouches would hop around due to the motion of the aforementioned soldier running.

That was such a cool feature for a game made in 2005, definitely made Battlefield 2 more immersive!

Just by the way the general classification for that shirt style is combat shirt, and specifically the U.S. Army's is Massif's combat shirt. Here's hoping for the addition of them, though it would be nice to see them randomized along with character models that include blouses!

*Snip*

Looks like it's coming along well, but it's definitely far from the standard loadout of your average infantry soldier. If they're going more for a 75th Ranger kind of look they're nailing it, but boots don't get Crye G3 combat pants and that doesn't look like an SPCS to me. That being said, it's quality work and I still like it regardless. 

Edit: Looking again now, it appears almost to be an SPCS with a modular chest rig of some kind attached, which is weird because the SPCS doesn't have any mountings other than MOLLE for magazine pouches and the like (definitely no clip on points like in that model.) 

Looks like it's coming along well, but it's definitely far from the standard loadout of your average infantry soldier. If they're going more for a 75th Ranger kind of look they're nailing it, but boots don't get Crye G3 combat pants and that doesn't look like an SPCS to me. That being said, it's quality work and I still like it regardless. 

Edit: Looking again now, it appears almost to be an SPCS with a modular chest rig of some kind attached, which is weird because the SPCS doesn't have any mountings other than MOLLE for magazine pouches and the like (definitely no clip on points like in that model.) 

I think it is important to get away from 2005 with the Army. There are so many new toys to play with. 

I think it is important to get away from 2005 with the Army. There are so many new toys to play with. 

Well I'm talking about the 2015 Army, which doesn't use Crye G3 Combat pants any uses the standard SPCS which does not have hooks for a modular chest rig. I think the model looks good, but there are idiosyncrasies with the standard US kit. 

Well I'm talking about the 2015 Army, which doesn't use Crye G3 Combat pants any uses the standard SPCS which does not have hooks for a modular chest rig. I think the model looks good, but there are idiosyncrasies with the standard US kit. 

artistic license is a thing!