IrOnTaXi

US soldiers - First look at player models

311 posts in this topic

Yeah, I like them better honestly. The AirFrames are awkward. But I can't wait till the models are accurate representing real units.

The reason why they look thinner is because the models have a higher poly count, meaning they don't stick out in areas like the knees when kneeling or elbows, to me they look more life like now than they do in BF2, not every soldier is a body builder btw :D

True that not every soldier is a body builder. But when I put on all of my gear I start to get a little bulky, namely around the chest/abdomen area.

shhh.....they would have to find you, if they tell you what's in for us next , to kill you.  *Acting Not Suspicious*

shhh.....they would have to find you, if they tell you what's in for us next , to kill you.  *Acting Not Suspicious*

Heed the above advice!!

Cmon fellas how about a peek at some work in progress content

The small details like the difference in how far the pants go on the ankles creates that much needed difference between playermodels that have to be pretty much the same. Good work!  The old models just never clicked with me so I'm very happy to see that the real deal delivers!

Why isnt the blue kind of uniform in the game? (the one OP posted in post). Or were these just placeholders. Or are we gonna see those uniforms in the game?

Talking about those: vRUnyOF.jpg

-snip-

Basically, those soldiers were included in the pack of player models the devs used as placeholders. That camo pattern is known as the Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP), which is being phased out in favor of the Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP, also known as Scorpion W2), which is the camo used by the US Army in Squad currently.

All of these are placeholders, and the devs are working on replacements.

I know this thread has aged a bit but I felt compelled to add an opinion or two. Firstly, the models are looking awesome. There are minor things that some of us active duty guys might pick at but for the most part they're solid. I think that there are some minor details that could be polished as far as individual class kits go but nothing too serious. 

A lot of the things I've read on this topic are purely shooter's preference. The placement of individual equipment isn't commonly governed by SOP or Army regulation. -USUALLY- these things are left to a generic guideline i.e. (you will carry a full fighting load) with the occasional 'critical' item being located in a standardized place (IFAK Individual First Aid Kit is worn in the same place by everyone so that everyone knows where it is). This is so I don't have to try and find your tourniquet before getting it out and applying it to you while you're bleeding out on the ground. 

My only real question is how the different classes will be reflected through the character models. I know this is already partially implemented but I would simply like to stress that the subtle differences in the individual kit will give a much more realistic image. Overall though, great work thus far. I'm looking forward to seeing the polished models. 

My only real question is how the different classes will be reflected through the character models. I know this is already partially implemented but I would simply like to stress that the subtle differences in the individual kit will give a much more realistic image. Overall though, great work thus far. I'm looking forward to seeing the polished models. 

look at the russians

medic has a medic satchel, RPG gunner has an RPG backpack, I think the marksman and SL have drop leg holsters... you get the idea.

Guys, this thread is from late 2014, these are the current player models that are going to be replaced.

Why is this model using the old ACU's? All Army Combat units that are deployed use the multicam uniform.

Edit- NVM these were the old Textures.

Why is this model using the old ACU's? All Army Combat units that are deployed use the multicam uniform.

Edit- NVM these were the old Textures.

I'd advise scrolling through this thread or looking up comments from me about this. These are not even going to be the models we use in the future, US Army is being remodeled as we speak.

I'd advise scrolling through this thread or looking up comments from me about this. These are not even going to be the models we use in the future, US Army is being remodeled as we speak.

Tease us, please!