IrOnTaXi

US soldiers - First look at player models

311 posts in this topic

The unit that came after us in late 2011 had them, but my unit did not, we just had the old groin protector from the Interceptors/MTVs.

You're missing the hydration packs.

the last picture in the OP has a soldier wearing a hydration pack...

I think having the MICH on some units is nice because those units specifically could represent Rangers while the guys with the ACH's would just represent conventional units. I do like the inclusion of the rank patches on the shoulder but that's something that I've seen only on the Massif shirts as the right arm has 3 pieces of hook and loop for the flag, rank, and last name.

Er I meant to say Airframe's not MICH's. For the units who do have the Airframes though, I think they should have lightweight PC's and then of course the conventional units could have the IOTV.

It will be cool to be able to choose between some faces, facial hair and different skins color.

especially for US soldiers.

Able to do also with terrorists soldier, it will remain credible

This thread really just makes me jealous of all the new cool guy stuff out there. I'm gonna officially request a backer skin for us 06 deployment people. The "Calico Cat" - ACU uniform, DCU IBA, Woodland pouches and woodland kevlar cover.

xD

anyone else thinking they got very short legs?

Its the angle in which they took the screenshot that makes it look that way, when they rotate the camera somewhat from above that will be the result.

One might be Multicam the other might be OCP.

Yes!  Multicam looks so much better.  I wish I hadn't turned mine in when I came home from Afghanistan

Its the angle in which they took the screenshot that makes it look that way, when they rotate the camera somewhat from above that will be the result.

I dont know, been watching some of the gameplay footage and still looks like they got small legs long arms and torso to me, but that might just be me

I dont know, been watching some of the gameplay footage and still looks like they got small legs long arms and torso to me, but that might just be me

Yo dawg, I heard you like to read, so I post about our posts, so you can read while you read.

Placeholders...literally going to be remade with actual models.

literally going to be remade with actual models.

US Soldier Kit Leaked

QgGbL6y.jpg

If you guys ever need help making anything, I would love to help out. You can see some of my work here: www.cunico.us , your stuff looks great.

You must have worked on the RHS mod for Arma 3? :-D

Yo dawg, I heard you like to read, so I post about our posts, so you can read while you read.

Placeholders...literally going to be remade with actual models.

Alright, just couldnt help to notice it anyways looking forward to playing :)

I'm not trying to be a whiner, but I will say the soldiers look like they're made of plastic because they shine. I noticed that the Humvees looked like plastic too. 

I know it's still in Alpha, and it's just a detail. :P And this may just be me, but the arms look just a tad long. I'm sure I won't notice when they are holding guns. :P

anyone else thinking they got very short legs?

I actually thought the arms were too long, but I guess it might actually be the legs. :P

But I guess this is the case. 

I know the U.S. Soldiers are placeholders, but I think you need to look to project reality for a guide.

While the graphics are dated the effort and attention that was paid to kit was well done.

Also they looked thick set and properly proportioned. The ones being used as placeholders and the ones in Arma just look too skinny.

The reason why they look thinner is because the models have a higher poly count, meaning they don't stick out in areas like the knees when kneeling or elbows, to me they look more life like now than they do in BF2, not every soldier is a body builder btw :D

Any chance of getting a look at the actual U.S. army models that will replace the place holders?

May i ask are the helmets based on new helmets the US uses currently or something cause i don't recognize them at all.

May i ask are the helmets based on new helmets the US uses currently or something cause i don't recognize them at all.

First of all, the models showed on this thread are placeholders. The helmets are from Crye and exclusively used by Special Forces.

They're actually AirFrame helmets from Crye Precision, not the Ops-Core's but yes, they are used exclusively by special operations forces.