IrOnTaXi

US soldiers - First look at player models

I'm not trying to discredit you, merely making some corrections on certain things. 

- The IBA (not IBV) was replaced in most units with the updated IOTV and now the latest Plate Carriers (much better for movement imo). Most reserve units I've seen will occasionally run IBA however.

-If I'm correct, on the radio you are referencing the 1st and 4th image. The radio placement it unit dictated, I ran mine on the right side of my mid torso.

-The M9 holster placement. I've never seen an M9 get holstered on the chest outside of movies. The few I've seen used were all leg holsters. (240 gunners, officers, and 1sg had M9's)

-You're correct here, though EOD that I've run into more often than not had em on the chect for "Easy access", most likely wanting to look cool or whatever, either way.

No worries Twogun, we have a couple combat vets (myself and Melbo) directly on the team as well as several advisors from around the world. We are pretty much covered, I appreciate you addressing members of the community who may not have a complete understanding of reality. Cheers!

No worries Twogun, we have a couple combat vets (myself and Melbo) directly on the team as well as several advisors from around the world. We are pretty much covered, I appreciate you addressing members of the community who may not have a complete understanding of reality. Cheers!

Wheres the safety clip pull in the grenade animation?

^I haven't seen the animations but do you mean the first safety clip or secondary safety?

Anyways, great models by the way. Just a quick note that all combat arms ie: infantry, medics, combat engineers wear spcs as an alternative to iotv.

Usually guys who stay on fobs and non combat arms rock the cumbersome iotv.

621050_451392484891260_1925092189_o.jpg

I mean safety clip then pin, but yalls use different hand grenades to us.

Yes, combat shirts are standard for overseas usage, but OCP FR is just as common place in the field. Here's a nice reference shoot taken this year from Operation Resolute Support:

11080901_10153209869793454_5732813746154

Note (10th Mountain, standard light infantry)

It that just the lighting that causes the major difference between the guys on the left and the guy on the right or has the guy on the right just had the colors washed out by time over there? 

EDIT: Oh hell, are those different patterns? 

One might be Multicam the other might be OCP.

How many patterns have we gone through in the last decade across the services... good lord. At least the USMC keeps it simple. 

^the two guys on the left are wearing combat shirt and pants while the guy on the right just has normal ocp top and bottom.  The different colors could just be from washing, and moon dust.

If you look back at my pic I posted above, I wore a combat shirt and combat pants with the spcs. The uniform was faded pretty bad because it was literally caked in the afghan dust.

Edit: Multicam = OCP :)

I prefer the look of the less modern looking OCP FR ACU Fieldpant/shirt over the Massif Teamsoldier Combatpant/shirt. =)

But still, Marpat Desert is one of my favorite patterns and I hope the Marines will make it into the game somewhere down the road.

I heard rumours this being one of the alternative, secret backer camos?

UvK0f0N.jpg

I noticed people talking about the SPCS vest. It's not completely to the "T" accurate, but most people know what it is. I still have to add minor things/wrinkles etc. but it's prety much done. Xsisz3d.jpg

It that just the lighting that causes the major difference between the guys on the left and the guy on the right or has the guy on the right just had the colors washed out by time over there? 

EDIT: Oh hell, are those different patterns? 

two dudes on the left are wearing different tops, the issued combat shirt which is made of a different material. 

Things that tell you the two on the left are brand new or rarely go out is how clean/unscratched their shit is.

Rhino mount

Pockets

pockets look sharp

boots look new

Pouches Pristine

Gloves Pristine

Helmet cover pristine

Flag Pristine

Now im wondering where there combat diapers are, that shit was great once you broke them in. an anti rock ass pad everywhere you went,

Example of different material and fade

VDEGCy7.jpg

two dudes on the left are wearing different tops, the issued combat shirt which is made of a different material. 

Things that tell you the two on the left are brand new or rarely go out is how clean/unscratched their shit is.

Rhino mount

Pockets

pockets look sharp

boots look new

Pouches Pristine

Gloves Pristine

Helmet cover pristine

Flag Pristine

Now im wondering where there combat diapers are, that shit was great once you broke them in. an anti rock ass pad everywhere you went,

Example of different material and fade

VDEGCy7.jpg

In the Marines we called that FROG gear (tan torso piece with camo sleeves) and I believe we were the first ones to field it. The Army ended up adopting the same combat uniform as us shortly after. It was like wearing a T-Shirt, was pretty awesome and worked well with the plate carriers.

When we remake the US models, I am going to try and get that to be the look, I like the way FROG gear looks and would be kind of unique compared to other games (besides ARMA mods).

Unfortunately the army makes a fuck ton of stupid calls when it comes to the uniform, so that stuff is non-standard, luckily my team was able to get away with it. As for the combat diaper i'm not sure how widespread it is, down in panjwai it was required but i don't really know about its use up north. And for the picture I originally commented on, it is one and the same since the army licensed multicam for OEF. The new uniforms the army is adopting service wide is not multicam but an earlier variant that crye and the army made together called scorpion i believe. Its superficially different to multicam and I think the only difference is its lack of vertical patterns. The "blobs" seems to be larger as well? Also OCP "2.0" wont fully be implemented until 2019 so in my opinion multicam should be the proper pattern to represent the late army OEF uniform.

http://www.funker530.com/army-decides-on-new-camo-pattern/

Here's the actual issued new combat shirt, It blows my mind why they don't just use that FROG shirt as you call it (look at that dopey bastard wearing it, fix your fucking cover)

http://www.massif.com/armycombatshirttypeii.html

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/04/23/army-combat-shirt-type-ii/

We were issued it but my unit didn't even wear the combat diapers lol, returned it tocif in pristine condition lol