IrOnTaXi

US soldiers - First look at player models

The textures need to be redone, but as for AO, that would be done via graphic settings. Texture wise, for PBR in UE4, there should be no lighting detail in the albedo, roughness or metallic texture maps, however you can add a AO map in the materials, but it would show when the model is not under a direct ambient light, only in dark areas where lighting isn't shown. If you get what I mean.

Any chance of some player models getting sunglasses or safety glasses or would that be too complex?

Any chance of some player models getting sunglasses or safety glasses or would that be too complex?

For now, it is not a priority.

When at some point we do switch out these soldier models with realistic ones - we will strongly consider adding it.

For now, it is not a priority.

When at some point we do switch out these soldier models with realistic ones - we will strongly consider adding it.

Yeah I just figured that at some point down the line it would be a good idea, as I've seen a lot of soldiers wear them, especially in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Qaiex   

I know they have some rigid standards in the USMC regarding facial hair, but I'm not familiar with the Army's stance on it. Either way, the squad leader model should totally have a big 'ol moustache.

it does, like there is something wrong with the colors

I see it looks shiny, kind of like plastic or something, but the colors look fine.

Spush   

I see it looks shiny, kind of like plastic or something, but the colors look fine.

It has to do with the Roughness values. I'll look into them later.

Qaiex   

Is the plan to let us customize our dudes to the same degrees as you would be allowed in the army? Because that would be kind of cool, wearing a scarf or not, balaclava, goggles, drop the backpack so you get a lower profile against the ground etc. etc.

Would be a cool feature to have. Sort of making the characters modular.

WilDi   

I dont' know if it's issue for normal grunts, but what about combat shirts? At least for desert/"hot-atmosphere" maps.

I dont' know if it's issue for normal grunts, but what about combat shirts? At least for desert/"hot-atmosphere" maps.

Yes, combat shirts are standard for overseas usage, but OCP FR is just as common place in the field. Here's a nice reference shoot taken this year from Operation Resolute Support:

11080901_10153209869793454_5732813746154

Note (10th Mountain, standard light infantry)

XB0CT   

First look at new player models (includes the one we were using as protosoldier)KCKLRNv.jpgvRUnyOF.jpgA1uFlPl.jpgXJqtAFY.jpg

on the 2nd picture, where is the white tape on the back of the helmet? or does the picture not show this

200310141a.jpg

Was hoping to see this uniform. it was in service from 01-06. was the best in my opinion. Desert Camo with woodland IBA

ACU was 06-10

mulitcam 10-present

and im just talking afgan deployed infantry convental forces here. Exception NG units

XB0CT   

Was hoping to see this uniform. it was in service from 01-06. was the best in my opinion. Desert Camo with woodland IBA

ACU was 06-10

mulitcam 10-present

and im just talking convental forces here.

us still has alot of units with couch camouflage, they're still upgrading so some units will still have it

Looking awesome! This game looks super cool and I can't wait tell I can get my hands on it. :D

Also: obviously it would hardly be impotent but would it be possible to be able to make miner changes to your characters appearance (ie. rolled up sleeves, un-tucked pants, sunglasses, knee-pads etc.) ???

Sputnik   

Looking awesome! This game looks super cool and I can't wait tell I can get my hands on it. :D

Also: obviously it would hardly be impotent but would it be possible to be able to make miner changes to your characters appearance (ie. rolled up sleeves, un-tucked pants, sunglasses, knee-pads etc.) ???

i was going to ask that about the gloves :)

200310141a.jpg

ACU was 06-10

mulitcam 10-present

and im just talking deployed to Afgan conventional INFANTRY forces here. exception: NG units

us still has alot of units with couch camouflage, they're still upgrading so some units will still have it

there...mistake cleared up in bold/underlined