Increase Mumble Range

Right now the distance away that you can actually understand someone talking on local mumble is so low that it just as well not be in the game. It makes medics' jobs way to hard to work with multiple casualties, or to tell people not to give up. If you are leading a small team of people, perhaps who have gotten separated from your original squads and now have to use local to communicate, you can't effectively give any commands to them unless you are all touching toes.

Ability to change between yell and normal speaking would be very nice feature. And yes I know there would be people who always set it to yell but it can't be helped.

Is Squad actually using Mumble in the background or its on customize VOIP?

The reason I call it "mumble" is because of my PR background. I believe it's its own VOIP.

agree with OP, i dont use local voip anymore unless I am talking to a guy next to me about how I cant see shit.

I care more about your voice volume changing your in game broadcast volume (within reason). The distance could be extended a little bit but overall i think it's pretty solid at the moment. Sorry to come off in a contrary way.

I found this out quick,
pretty much nobody could hear me when i talked in local so I stopped using it.
as a Medic this was a pain when your trying to get people to call out and you can't hear them.

Local range is being extended in the next version you get

Good to hear. I suggested this in another thread but an alternative to increasing range in a circular radius would be to increase the range in the direction the player is facing. That would require players to look in the direction they are trying to communicate.

Then again, that might be too complicated in execution

Local range is being extended in the next version you get

Can we expect an update this Oct?

Is it possible to detect input volume and have that determine the distance you can be heard? Basically how something like TS is set up but instead of just volume levels it also adjusts projection range. Restrictions and slider adjustments could prevent this from being abused if it is possible. I'm not much of a sound guy but it would be nice to be able to not have to bounce back and forth between a whisper mode or a yell mode. Seems it would detract from the immersion a bit.