whattheface

It takes way too long to switch weapons, especially for medics.

I mean it's only been a couple of days but medics don't seem to be as prominent as they are in pr. This is an issue because people prefer to respawn rather than wait for a medic. I'm not sure how to fix that but I know i'd be a medic more often if the medic system wasn't so clunky. It takes way too long to administer a patch and then switch to the bag and heal. in pr you could switch in a second. same with other weapons. they need to switch faster and not disable our sprint when doing so.

I think the bandaging system is much better than in PR.  Not only does it stop the easy chain revive from PR where one medic could basically double the squad effectiveness (I'm looking at you, magic EpiPen) just by being able to quickly run up, inject and run away.  It solves this by requiring the medic to at least put himself in harms way and have the squad have to push up and cover for him.  I like this a lot more.  The reason people prefer to spawn over getting revived is just due to the fact that I'm not sure everyone is aware of the ticket system or how exactly the game modes work.  Every time I join a match, almost without fail someone goes "Tickets?" or "What tickets?" when it's brought up.  So they probably think it doesn't affect the game.  

I agree that there is a lot of lag on the switches. Pulling out and throwing nades is a real commitment of time, even just a smoke and you've gotta be certain you have what feels like 10 seconds of guaranteed cover, though I'm sure its more like 3-4.

Assuming this is deliberate, and intended to slow down gameplay, I wont dispute it heavily, but I question the reality of how long it takes to drop a rifle with a sling and pull a sidearm, or grab a smoke and toss it.

I havent worn combat gear, I'm armchair all the way, but I'm certainly used to the more rapid change in Insurgency. I'll roll with what they decide regardless

I agree that there is a lot of lag on the switches. Pulling out and throwing nades is a real commitment of time, even just a smoke and you've gotta be certain you have what feels like 10 seconds of guaranteed cover, though I'm sure its more like 3-4.

Assuming this is deliberate, and intended to slow down gameplay, I wont dispute it heavily, but I question the reality of how long it takes to drop a rifle with a sling and pull a sidearm, or grab a smoke and toss it.

I havent worn combat gear, I'm armchair all the way, but I'm certainly used to the more rapid change in Insurgency. I'll roll with what they decide regardless

Just tried it and too do it in a safe manner, avoiding a misfire with the pistol and turning the safety off its takes roughly 3 seconds. (I have a G&G M4, but the Pistol I have is real)  :P

if it's intended to slow down gameplay, it's not working. The pace of the gameplay is almost on par with Insurgency just with bigger maps and distances.

This isn't just a lame whining post. I know it's alpha. I know it will get better. I'm just saying, the game is pretty fast-paced right now. You spend a minute sprinting to a flag, then there's a quick firefight with the enemy, some people go down, you respawn at a rally point, you capture the flag, then you sprint to the next flag, and then the enemy is back-capping you so you sprint back, and so on.

if it's intended to slow down gameplay, it's not working. The pace of the gameplay is almost on par with Insurgency just with bigger maps and distances.

This isn't just a lame whining post. I know it's alpha. I know it will get better. I'm just saying, the game is pretty fast-paced right now. You spend a minute sprinting to a flag, then there's a quick firefight with the enemy, some people go down, you respawn at a rally point, you capture the flag, then you sprint to the next flag, and then the enemy is back-capping you so you sprint back, and so on.

Most of the fire fights I have been in to take a flag is no less then 10 minutes, that's pretty damn long. 

It also takes like 3-6 mins to get to a flag if you are doing it right by watching your surrounds when proceeding.

If its a kydex holster you can do it in less than 1 second with some training. About the grenades, it´s just the time of opening the velcro on the chest carrier and pull them out, which can vary a lot, i would say, 3 seconds.

If its a kydex holster you can do it in less than 1 second with some training. About the grenades, it´s just the time of opening the velcro on the chest carrier and pull them out, which can vary a lot, i would say, 3 seconds.

Depending on the holster, pretty darn fast, during transition drills you put the weapon down and bring up your side arm at approximately the same time.

Pulling out a grenade, approximately 3-4 seconds, with an additional second or two to deploy it (remove thumb clip/electrical tape, pull pin, aim, throw).

Switching to pistol can definitely be sped up a bit, but pulling a frag out and deploying it does take time and generally requires a bit of cover/cover fire to deploy safely.

Pulling out a grenade, approximately 3-4 seconds, with an additional second or two to deploy it (remove thumb clip/electrical tape, pull pin, aim, throw).

Switching to pistol can definitely be sped up a bit, but pulling a frag out and deploying it does take time and generally requires a bit of cover/cover fire to deploy safely.

And if deploying grenades was too quick every close range engagement would immediately be met with a panic-frag, instead of it being more of a tactical decision.

The time it takes doesn't bother me as much as the lag in the start of the animations. It leads to me mashing the keys again and screwing up

The only thing i hate about Medic is When you are Done Bandaging Someone it switch back to the Assault Weapon, it not saying if the bandage is about to be done,Yes there is a lil animation but it only showing hands moving  and if you look around while bandaging in case of enemy you are not really kind paying attention to the bandage  animation, So if you keep holding the Left mouse button to heal and then all of sudden switch back to main gun ,. Bam! i just shot on my ally by accident,

i saw this happened to player who use medic, not all the time but frequently so far,

same for SL who place thing/build on the ground, Sometime they shoot the ground lol,I do not feel safe around people going in  their menu or people who bandage..

The only way is getting use to it for now.

haha

-sk8-

I feel like the changing time seems pretty realistic..

Trust me, wearing ALOT of gear really slows down some things.

Changing mag for example. (Unless you just leave the mag in the field.)

Same when you have to reach for your bandages etc. :)

Good comments. I definitely don't mean to complain or nitpick. I am certain it will get where it needs to be, and if it stays as it is I'll still have boat loads of fun. A quicker draw on the side arm would be fine with me though :P

I think the grenade comments make good sense as well, tape, or velcro etc, and how this helps avoid nade-spam in some measure (You gotta be damn sure you need that frag/smoke before lowering your primary.)

as for firefights, this game is much slower than Insurgency, especially competitive. It might be quicker than PR, but I think its a measurable improvement in "feel". Typically, it takes 30-40 minutes for reasonably balanced teams in my experience to take control of hotspots like the center of Logar, or the fields in Kohat. If the other team is using their medics right, playing it like Insurgency with rapid respawn is going to loose you the game.

I agree with the way you switch weapons but not the speed. I think at the moment it's okay with the speed you switch weapons but with all the animations and movement it kinda makes you feel sick after playing for a long time. I think a system like CS:GO (Don't hate me for referencing a fast-paced shooter here) would work well where when you switch it's moderately quick but you have to play an animation before you can use the selected item. So if you pull out your rifle you have to reload it or something, and if you pull out a bandage you have to rip it open etc.

One of the problems I've noticed is the game putting you into half-crouched stance (or crouched, idk) when you pull out a nade wile prone.

One of the problems I've noticed is the game putting you into half-crouched stance (or crouched, idk) when you pull out a nade wile prone.

My guess is throwing from prone is not a usual stance a soldier would take as it reduces distance and accuracy as described in the link below. Probably also advised by SgtRoss. Moving to crouch for throwing would be the next obvious position to keep a low profile.

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/hand_grenades/throwing-of-hand-grenades.shtml

The other answer would be there is no animation set for prone throwing so Squad defaults to crouch. Throwing grenades from prone it's recommended to be done when on your back as shown in the link.

Just FYI, animations are a big bottleneck for us at the moment, so everyone will just have to be patient until we get more help.

We will do what we can, but it's not going to be easy for the time being.

The only thing i hate about Medic is When you are Done Bandaging Someone it switch back to the Assault Weapon, it not saying if the bandage is about to be done,Yes there is a lil animation but it only showing hands moving  and if you look around while bandaging in case of enemy you are not really kind paying attention to the bandage  animation, So if you keep holding the Left mouse button to heal and then all of sudden switch back to main gun ,. Bam! i just shot on my ally by accident,

i saw this happened to player who use medic, not all the time but frequently so far,

same for SL who place thing/build on the ground, Sometime they shoot the ground lol,I do not feel safe around people going in  their menu or people who bandage..

The only way is getting use to it for now.

haha

-sk8-

This is incorrect, the weapon does not fire after switch until you lift your mouse finger then press it again. You can hold down the mouse all day and it still would not fire after switching from bandage.

I agree with the way you switch weapons but not the speed. I think at the moment it's okay with the speed you switch weapons but with all the animations and movement it kinda makes you feel sick after playing for a long time. I think a system like CS:GO (Don't hate me for referencing a fast-paced shooter here) would work well where when you switch it's moderately quick but you have to play an animation before you can use the selected item. So if you pull out your rifle you have to reload it or something, and if you pull out a bandage you have to rip it open etc.

It is supposed to be realistic. You don't unload your weapon when switching to another one.

the only weapons I have a problem with are the RPG-7 and M72 LAW. They both take about a year to put away.

On the point of switching back to your weapon after you finish bandaging, is it possible that it could switch you to the medbag after you finish bandaging instead? Would get rid of some of the awkward weapon switching that happens with medics.

people just need to learn the game lol ive honestly never had an issue with this medic stuff and i play it almost exclusively if im not SL.