BigPhil

Graphics Questions

I have been playing squad for a bit now on a very powerful pc and I feel like it fuzzy and blurry. Is it just the alpha graphics or is there something i can do to fix this?

I am running on epic levels and vram/gpu power is not an issue.

You can turn HDR fully off which gets rid of the blur. It does however make the game seem too sharp but it's your opinion. Go to your squad folder > Squad folder in the folder > Config > Open DefaultEngine > search for r.MobileHDR > set it to False and save. It should make things less blurry. I don't know who found it first for the credit but it was from a forum post that also didn't know who found it.

Can you post some screen shots of the blur?

Give us more specifics like screen resolution.

Lets see what we can do

yeah . lets take an objective look. 

He has personal issues. I have already discussed it with him in private more than a month ago. 

He is welcome to provide objective content and help with the process but childish spamming of threads wont be tolerated. 

He has been warned and should expect a ban next time. 

First 2 are with HDR set to false, the other 2 are set to true which is default. Graphics are set to Epic.

The color is way darker when set to true but on false things look cleared with a graphical downgrade.

https://gyazo.com/7d56a54ef7a11c36ec483faa2d75d5e6

https://gyazo.com/4c1d7b1988e4e0e79c21888b03dee15f

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://gyazo.com/4dffbef99ccb81f67e62c9eae38cb145

https://gyazo.com/4201bd498089a361610fa4059b5b5d90

I think disabling mobile HDR accomplishes the same thing as disabling AA but has other side effects.

I suggest forcing FXAA on through graphics control panel if you find that things are too grainy or jagged

Also, this is the 100th post on this. Can we keep it to the main threads

To me it's not how it looks at rest but in motion that is my concern. When in motion everything jitters. I want that to stop. 

Yeah I need to see some video of the jitter as I don't see it myself. 

There are certainly a lot of different AA solutions and options in the Nvidia panel but UE4 has only 2 options at the moment. 

What video card are you using Vicious?  I dont get the jitters with my 780TI unless Ive been drinking.

Ok will upload because I feel like I'm being crucified. Honestly I think anyone else having my problem probably just chalks it up to there rig and logs off.

No problem helping but blaming it on the trees models (as you have done many times here)  is infantile.

Use your meat bucket and we will be respectful and help you. 

I think disabling mobile HDR accomplishes the same thing as disabling AA but has other side effects.

I suggest forcing FXAA on through graphics control panel if you find that things are too grainy or jagged

Also, this is the 100th post on this. Can we keep it to the main threads

Honestly. maybe just my vid card but disabled HDR looks horrible to my eyes. 

Hopefully UE4 will take antoher  pass at this soon. 

The tree models are fine in other games, all I'm saying.

Who cares about the trees!? It is not ruining game play for anyone besides you. We have BIGGER issues other then trees. My god man get over it, I have seen you type the word "tree/trees" about 30 times since last night.

Who cares about the trees!? It is not ruining game play for anyone besides you. We have BIGGER issues other then trees. My god man get over it, I have seen you type the word "tree/trees" about 30 times since last night.

No worries. we are trying to help him here.. enough attacks. 

I'm interested in his problems.. just not the attitude

we are getting past that. 

No worries. we are trying to help him here.. enough attacks.

I'm interested in his problems.. just not the attitude

we are getting past that.

I just assumed he just hate a twisted sense of humor. Never thought he was actually serious

I'm going to try to get some screenshots of various settings. Might take me a few days but I'll get them

After messing with the r.MobileHDR setting I did not see a change in the issue the problem is mainly with foliage and the gun models i will continue to investigate but any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the help so far

I agree that the tree models are/can be blurry and look like the original PR ones, a bit basic and they get worse at distances...putting it down to Alpha and cracking on playing this Game, love it.

I just use DSR at x1.20 in the Nvidia control panel once this is enabled i set the resolution to 2103x1183 looks mint!

follow this tip to use resolutions that go above whats normally in the menu.

C:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor 

Select - GameUserSettings 

Adjust resolution to whatever level you want under

ResolutionSizeX=2103
ResolutionSizeY=1183

Forgot too add that im using 33% smoothing under the DSR settings in the control panel.