Para

[Video] I hope this will help new players coming in <>//

64 posts in this topic

As my first post, let me say thanks.  Now I can start my first game without being utterly clueless.  Stay in School, kids.

Mouse smoothing is a personal preference.

Audio not sure, remember we are in Alpha

Radios will (guessing here) be for vehicle radio and crews like in PR.

Radio is not for squad 1-9?

Direct link to sl1-9

Very nice and informative video.

Thanks. That video has a little bit of something for everyone. The map specifics and capture mechanics helped me out. I figured that the capture bar, when stuck, usually means that there is the same number of bad guys in the area as good guys but I wasnt aware that a single player cant capture an area/objective. Of course if you spawn into an empty world alone in single player you have to be able to capture something solo. So I just figured that a solo capture would work in MP as well. But I was wrong.

For PH/Follow Player - that actually seems like a useful function once there are games with 100 people. Or for newbies that want to follow their squad leader. Is it actually funtioning at this point? I only tried it once and couldnt tell if it was working. In the video its not clear if you click the icon first and then the player or vice versa. I tried both ways and it didnt seem to work for me.

Map up = No Radio - is there a reason why we cant use the radio when the map is up? I thought you said that but I dont know if I heard you correctly. Since the game is focused on team work, and the maps are fairly large, and since calling out enemy locations is imperative, Im wondering why the radio is not useable along with the map.

Map up and radio. I think what I meant to say was, if you press enter and see the map and roles the radio wont work. Not in game that was an error on my part. Glad it helped you.

Just purchased the Squad Leader package, and while it was downloading I watched your video, helped me A LOT once the game was playable. Thank you. +1

Will watch tonight.

Man my girl is getting tired of watching squad vids hehe.

Oh, I believe he, I also tire of my boyfriend plays it, so I decided to start playing with him, so I came to this forum to learn how to beat him))) 

Oh, I believe he, I also tire of my boyfriend plays it, so I decided to start playing with him, so I came to this forum to learn how to beat him))) 

More women should follow your example haha  ;)

Thanks mate, its help us (me personally), permission to share it to my forum. (Indonesian forum)
So they had a little imagination about the SQUAD. Is it okay>

I recommend posting this video on the Squad Steam Community Hub as a guide. I did it once for RO2 and its appreciated allot.

I finally peeled away from the game to check out the forums. I wish I would have seen para's video first! The learning curve wouldn't have been quite as steep ;)

Thanks for this video. Really helped me a lot learning the game. This game is so much better than any other FPS and triple A titles. Keep up the good work Para. 

Your welcome, Glad it helps new players, I need to do an updated one, as the game has progressed a lot since I made this.

I'm getting Squad later this week and was playing Project Reality to get some idea of how the game will work, but this video is a great help! Are there any more videos to watch for us newbies?

Oh, and thanks for sharing!