vucgy92

M16-Scoped agains Ak47 Iron sights ? Unballanced ?

27 posts in this topic

Hi I watched Squad a bit on Youtube and I saw that the US forces have m4 / m16 that have scopes that have zoom. While the talibans only have Iron sights on their AK47s.   
So the question isn't it unbalanced making the main assault rifle (m4/m16) have ACOG scopes that have zoom, while the talibans have only iron-sights. 
I dont owe the game so It maybe isnt like I think. Would love to hear about this (sry not english) greets 

Aks are absolutely brutal and because of the accuracy of weapons you can just as easily hit someone at distance with ironsights. The balance seems bang on for me.

Answered many times, but to recap.

Game mode will be asymmetrical in the future when fighting insurgents, just like the weapons and vehicles will be.

Also the Ak as it current stands has less recoil and so is easier to control under automatic fire. This balances it out nicely

Next build the AK74 should no longer be the main rifle of the insurgents. They will still have it but in a much lesser capacity. Time to go 7.62x39 and all the characteristics associated with it, both good and bad.

if you've ever tried using the ACOG in Squad, you'd find that it's really not a huge advantage, if at all. It's ridiculously hard to hit things with it at medium/long range.

Next build the AK74 should no longer be the main rifle of the insurgents. They will still have it but in a much lesser capacity. Time to go 7.62x39 and all the characteristics associated with it, both good and bad.

Lee enfield plox :D

I don't understand the problem people got with this, I hit just as good with/without acog (btw I love the ak iron sights even at medium range).

The problem is not whether or not one faction gets scoped weapons but rather how the faction that doesn't get them plans to nullify that advantage. If you can force BluFor into situations in which scopes are more of a hindrance than help(which is the case in house-to-house-fighting or fighting in dense woods) you can obliterate them quite easily; their "better" weaponry will prove itself as the main factor as to why you've succeeded. Rest assured the devs are going to carefully observe the balance between factions and will nerf or buff certain characteristics to give every faction a fighting chance, but they will NOT hold your hand if you refuse to play smart and in a manner that caters to your opponent's strengths rather than their weaknesses.

Aks are absolutely brutal and because of the accuracy of weapons you can just as easily hit someone at distance with ironsights. The balance seems bang on for me.

The AK family ironsights are amazing! i never use sights for them in Insurgency, and in Squad, they seem fine

The Insurgent weapons are perfectly fine and so is the balance. The Devs know what they're on about. But, as evidenced by these type of posts on the forums and the chatter amongst players in game, it seems like their hardest sell is going to be to convince current (and importantly prospective) players that the game is intentionally asymmetrical and that this is a good thing. In a world where you now get points for participation, and shooters where guns are reskins of each other, having two factions in a game that are truly diverse is going to require an attitude adjustment from the players. I've already heard waaaay too much complaining in-game from players who think the INS are completely underdone, or their sights are shit, or they always lose. Not that case. Look at what you're doing, and why you're getting rekt. It's pretty simple: you're doing it wrong.

If you want to win as Insurgent do not play like you would as the US. Adjust you attitude, approach, and playstyle. If you're trying to force a long range engagement with an AK v ACOG, you're doing it wrong. Get the Americans in close. Hide in bushes and shit. They can't shoot what they can't see and they can't kill what they can't hit. The power of the AK rounds, the open sights, the way your characters are dressed... All of this lends itself to fighting in close. Draw them in, mess with their heads and their organisation. Particularly in Insurgency game mode. And, importantly, use the terrain. The terrain in Squad is gorgeous. And, it's Insurgent paradise. It's full of little dips, wadis, walls, fields, and bushes... at close range Squad devolves into a total fuck fight: that's where the Insurgents dominate. Don't let the Americans shred you at distance. Don't give them that luxury. Grab them by the belt buckles and wreck their day.

I'm waiting for the russians, the little I have played is always as insurgent, if I'm lucky enough to not be spawn sniped or shot by a scoped guy while walking I may be able to use the weapons advantage otherwise frustration and alt-F4.

I have never wrought so much havoc as the one round I took an ACOG. I have used it in exactly one round in my entire squad experience, and it almost seemed unfair. Not going to brag, but it was frightful how many kills I was getting on unsuspecting people running around hills unable to see me but fro a dot in the distance.  I know asymetrical balance is a thing, but atm to me it seems a ridiculous advantage due to the fact that I seem to have a hard time seeing with ironsights on a 1600x900 monitor.

Hi I watched Squad a bit on Youtube and I saw that the US forces have m4 / m16 that have scopes that have zoom. While the talibans only have Iron sights on their AK47s.   

So the question isn't it unbalanced making the main assault rifle (m4/m16) have ACOG scopes that have zoom, while the talibans have only iron-sights. 

I dont owe the game so It maybe isnt like I think. Would love to hear about this (sry not english) greets 

Biggest thing I can say, is you have to play the game.

No youtube video gives you the same information as playing it for your self.

its not imbalanced at all.

As insurgent you have to get close. Biggest mistake I see from people on insurgent side is that they lay on top of hill with AK and trying to outsnipe ACOGs. KohatToi is best example of this. There is so many small valleys and riverbeds you can use to flank and get really close to enemy.

btw ACOGs are overrated and really bad in cqc. I prefer Aimpoint on any map.

I too can't wait for the Russian faction and to see how the Squad devs did their scope. The one in PR is notorious for being a bit too big for people's tastes lol.

Biggest mistake I see from people on insurgent side is that they lay on top of hill with AK and trying to outsnipe ACOGs. 

Biggest mistake a lot of players make, no matter the team, is engaging when out of range. Can't count how many time a movement or plan has gone awry because some goofball spots the enemy in the distance and starts taking completely ineffective shots. 

I too can't wait for the Russian faction and to see how the Squad devs did their scope. The one in PR is notorious for being a bit too big for people's tastes lol.

Russian optics aren't pretty but they work.

if you've ever tried using the ACOG in Squad, you'd find that it's really not a huge advantage, if at all. It's ridiculously hard to hit things with it at medium/long range.

Many of us would disagree.