destructo

Transportation - ETA ?

Any ETA on some transport vehicles ingame ? - game is great, but we need some mobility instead of all of that running. (PS. sounds are awesome)

You probably won't see that until some point during Early Access. So far, we've seen models for the HMMWV, Ural truck, and a motorcycle, but they're still working on the underlying vehicle mechanics, and ther's still a lot to do related to infantry stuff and team management.

I really hope they can give a LITTLE bit of information relating to vehicle implementation with where they're at now. I know things can change and get pushed back, but we haven't heard in awhile about anything with vehicles.

Developers, at this point in time, can you let us know where you're at with vehicles? Not asking for an ETA, but where we're headed and what's currently being tested and what you're trying to figure out. I'm sure it's a big task to figure out HOW the vehicles will operate in terms of spawning and all that. Please let us know what you're working on though.

The running and what not is getting really old and takes so long and has pushed me and some other players away from playing for the time being. It's a great game, but the running takes so long when it's literally only limited to running on the large maps. 

Can't wait to see the future features of the game and supporting it through it's development! Hoping for some modding tools or mapping tools soon as well to pitch in on that.

Keep up the great work developers, hope to hear back with some tid bit of information on vehicles!

Any ETA on some transport vehicles ingame ? - game is great, but we need some mobility instead of all of that running. (PS. sounds are awesome)

We plan on having the first pass on vehicles done before EA.

Developers, at this point in time, can you let us know where you're at with vehicles? Not asking for an ETA, but where we're headed and what's currently being tested and what you're trying to figure out. I'm sure it's a big task to figure out HOW the vehicles will operate in terms of spawning and all that. Please let us know what you're working on though.

The running and what not is getting really old and takes so long and has pushed me and some other players away from playing for the time being. It's a great game, but the running takes so long when it's literally only limited to running on the large maps. 

1) Seating, Roy is going to be starting work on the seating mechanics, character possession, entering and exiting (first pass will probably be static seats, such as .50cal emplacements).

2) We are going to be making some new game modes and layers that are a bit tighter and denser, to give people more variety and quicker action. If you haven't played the new Kohat layer where the Insurgents start with all the flags, that is just one first iteration and example of this.

Running? Obviously never played Arma. The game doesn't need to be non stop action and how it is at the moment allows for a bit of planning before hitting the next cap. As Ross mentioned there are different variants allowing for closer fights and more action anyway.

If you haven't played the new Kohat layer where the Insurgents start with all the flags, that is just one first iteration and example of this.

Mapname? Might have to facilitate this experience.

[quote name="SgtRoss" post="85967" timestamp="1443465546" 

2) We are going to be making some new game modes and layers that are a bit tighter and denser, to give people more variety and quicker action. If you haven't played the new Kohat layer where the Insurgents start with all the flags, that is just one first iteration and example of this.

I played that iteration twice now. My first match was on the insurgent team and we were able to hault the enemies advance at the second flag, while repelling large assault waves from the hills and the low walls around the westernmost compound. It was absolutely incredible listening to everyone hammering away with everything they had

I played the second match later that night as USA. We were able to put 3 full squads to use effectively. The map layout was nice and focussed and led to a lot of skirmishes in the hills between flags. The distance between spawns was great for minimizing the long walks between action, and the map not being scaled down led to plenty of flanking opportunities as well.

I'm excited about having more map layers done in this manner until vehicles make it in. Nice change of pace every few matches.

I personally prefer the reg game mode over this one but thats just me

I gotta give it a try though :)

lets be honest here we all enjoy playing running simulator till we enter frantic shooting and yelling simulator lol :D

I played that iteration twice now. My first match was on the insurgent team and we were able to hault the enemies advance at the second flag, while repelling large assault waves from the hills and the low walls around the westernmost compound. It was absolutely incredible listening to everyone hammering away with everything they had

I played the second match later that night as USA. We were able to put 3 full squads to use effectively. The map layout was nice and focussed and led to a lot of skirmishes in the hills between flags. The distance between spawns was great for minimizing the long walks between action, and the map not being scaled down led to plenty of flanking opportunities as well.

I'm excited about having more map layers done in this manner until vehicles make it in. Nice change of pace every few matches.

Omg I freak out when I joined a match with this map last night. I'm like how are we losing so fast. It was an absolute blast. FOB vs FOB then we caught the enemy on their heals and out flank them. It was epic.

I have played this new mode 4 times and all I can say is intense! it is literally Fob to Fob fighting in very close quarters.