As the title suggests.. are there any plans for this, maybe for the Breacher role?

I can imagine a squad stacked up outside a compound entrance, rolling a flashbang inside, and proceeding to wreck house as they breach.

Why bother with a flashbang when you've got a frag?

Maybe you're saving your frag? If you throw a flashbang into an empty building, no big deal, if you waste your only frag(s), you'll regret it.

Why bother with a flashbang when you've got a frag?

second that.

Flashbang is for police who goes soft on people, i dont think we need rubber bullets and flashbang in squad? For SWAT its a good idea though.

And your flashbang takes up just as much space as a grenade. Id rather have 2 grenades then 1 of each, so i dont see your point there.

second that.

Flashbang is for police who goes soft on people, i dont think we need rubber bullets and flashbang in squad? For SWAT its a good idea though.

And your flashbang takes up just as much space as a grenade. Id rather have 2 grenades then 1 of each, so i dont see your point there.

They use flashbangs all the time in urban warfare, lol.

It doesn't take much to understand the differences in uses between a frag and a flashbang either ffs, frags will only effect people in a small radius by purely harming them, flashbangs incapacitate them in a much larger radius and give you the time to get a foothold.

Do the US Army / Marines (non-special-forces) use flashbangs commonly when fighting the Taliban?

Sure they do. The Taliban commonly blend themselves in with civilians so non-lethal tactics come into play when dealing with some situations where friend or foe isn't completely obvious, much like police work. Though I'm not sure how it's relevant to this game when there aren't any civilians(yet)

frags will only effect people in a small radius by purely harming them

I dont mean to be a dick, but reading through some manuals say that a typical hand granade kills at 5-15m. While flashbang incapacitates from 5-9m. I could be completely wrong though, im not an army guy...

And what Nightingale ask, do they really?

edit: well that makes more sense i guess CaptCalvin. But as you say it doesnt aply to squad, as of yet atleast.

They use flashbangs all the time in urban warfare, lol.

It doesn't take much to understand the differences in uses between a frag and a flashbang either ffs, frags will only effect people in a small radius by purely harming them, flashbangs incapacitate them in a much larger radius and give you the time to get a foothold.

Flashbangs are used as a non-lethal distraction and serve a limited use on a hard knock. They're most effective when the enemy isn't prepared for the breach. There isn't some blinding white flash that obscures your field of view for three seconds like in Call of Duty. They're best used in tandem; throw a nine-banger in the back door and breach the front so the enemy thinks you're coming in both sides. A prepared enemy will see it crashing through a window or mullet-hole, calmly watch it detonate and think "righto, we're on here" then wait for the lead man to enter. You want to make an effective entrance when breaching in a non-lethal, restricted environment? Toss a banger in and then follow right behind it. You want to prep a room for clearance and make sure everything in that room is either behind cover or dead? Use a fragmentation grenade. 

Some of you should stop and have a think before replying.

"Flashbang through the door!", Rangers and Delta don't give AF about flashbangs lol.

thats how you bring peace and democracy to a country :P

on topic: i guess when they introduce an insurgency type gamemode with civs flashbangs would make sense

Do the US Army / Marines (non-special-forces) use flashbangs commonly when fighting the Taliban?

Yes, as a regular infantryman in the US Marines, we did infact use flashbangs and plan on having them in our game.

Flashbangs are used as a non-lethal distraction and serve a limited use on a hard knock. They're most effective when the enemy isn't prepared for the breach. There isn't some blinding white flash that obscures your field of view for three seconds like in Call of Duty.

Some of you should stop and have a think before replying.

Yes, as a regular infantryman in the US Marines, we did infact use flashbangs and plan on having them in our game.

^^

Oh the irony...

You need to sort yourself out mate. It doesn't matter to me if there are flashbangs in the game. Pending their usage is realistic and true to life, I don't see any problem with them being included. That's the opinion of one man. The problem lies with you broadcasting incorrect information in this thread; playing it off as if it was factual.

You stated:

...frags will only effect people in a small radius by purely harming them, flashbangs incapacitate them in a much larger radius and give you the time to get a foothold.

This is where I took umbrage. I stated a few operational SOPs in order for you to see where you went wrong. One member, bloodaxe, even went as far as to quote tab data to correct you.

I dont mean to be a dick, but reading through some manuals say that a typical hand granade kills at 5-15m. While flashbang incapacitates from 5-9m. I could be completely wrong though, im not an army guy...

Finishing my post with; "some of you need to stop and think before posting" was a polite way of saying: "if you don't know what you're talking about, shut your mouth first". Make sure you do so next time. Feigning ignorance as "irony" or speaking English as a second language isn't an excuse for perpetual arrogance.

You need to sort yourself out mate. It doesn't matter to me if there are flashbangs in the game. Pending their usage is realistic and true to life, I don't see any problem with them being included. That's the opinion of one man. The problem lies with you broadcasting incorrect information in this thread; playing it off as if it was factual.

You stated:

This is where I took umbrage. I stated a few operational SOPs in order for you to see where you went wrong. One member, bloodaxe, even went as far as to quote tab data to correct you.

Pfft, chill the fuck out. It's a game, not real life, you only stated "real life facts." Now quit trying to act like a know-it-all douchebag.. you're just being a troll at this point.

Your arrogance really shines through here, and speaking to people like that isn't going to help you.

If you're trying to come off as helpful, it really isn't working.

Well if only enemies occupy a building that you're throwing a frag into then why throw something that's not going kill them, a flash bang is just going to get them all pissed off..

Why are people down talking Flashbangs?! I think it would be a great inclusion into this game. 

Flashbangs are bad ass, and clearing compounds will compliment good team work and movement. 

Stop all this "who needs a flash when we have frags...", the more options to us players, the better! It will create more unique situations.

Jeez.

Why are people down talking Flashbangs?! I think it would be a great inclusion into this game. 

Flashbangs are bad ass, and clearing compounds will compliment good team work and movement. 

Stop all this "who needs a flash when we have frags...", the more options to us players, the better! It will create more unique situations.

Jeez.

Not to mention, in the future, you'll be able to customize your loadout (limited within the scope of your role). So, don't want bangers? Don't take em'.