b_six

Visibility (Of opposing forces)

Has anyone else been having a hard time seeing the opposing forces?  Have you been able to adjust anything that improves your ability to see them?

I can be taking fire and never see where it is coming from.  Someone can call out a target and I just can't see anything.  Seems the only time I can actually see them is at very close quarters or through the ACOG site when on U.S.  I've been tweaking my graphics this way and that to try and improve my ability to pick out targets, but it's been pretty ineffective so far.  

Not sure man , it could be just 1 of those things " getting your eyes used to the game" i know every time i start playing a new FPS game takes me some time to get used to seeing ppl . I had the same problem with BF3&BF4 . Squad i couldnt see jack shit when i started playing but now i feel a lot better

Not sure man , it could be just 1 of those things " getting your eyes used to the game" i know every time i start playing a new FPS game takes me some time to get used to seeing ppl . I had the same problem with BF3&BF4 . Squad i couldnt see jack shit when i started playing but now i feel a lot better

I dont have this issue. When it comes to most other shooters if the FOV feels really low I can usually increase it to get the look that im used to. Its just that squad doesnt offer that so things blend together too much.

Im playing at 2560X1440 right now, I've got AA on LOW and PP on LOW. After playing a while It's getting easier to notice enemies based on how they move through the world. The toughest time I'm having is on the map with the heavy forest with the fog, that one gives me troubles sometimes lol. And plus its natural that movement attracts the eyes specially moving through the fore ground of trees and bushes. 

Everything you need to know why its hard to spot people.

So you are saying that the current FOV is very high? Because the video you posted says with very high FOV, everything is smaller and harder to see. I don't think Squad has a high FOV so I have doubts that FOV is the reason

So you are saying that the current FOV is very high? Because the video you posted says with very high FOV, everything is smaller and harder to see. I don't think Squad has a high FOV so I have doubts that FOV is the reason

No the FoV in Squad is very low so it causes things to be bigger but at far distances things blur together because a low FoV makes depth perception nonexistant. You would have to load up a game with an FoV slider to do a comparison so it makes sense. If you have BF4 do it on there and youll see that  higher FoV makes things smaller at distance but they stand out more because models are not flat and are just sharper.

No the FoV in Squad is very low so it causes things to be bigger but at far distances things blur together because a low FoV makes depth perception nonexistant. You would have to load up a game with an FoV slider to do a comparison so it makes sense. If you have BF4 do it on there and youll see that higher FoV makes things smaller at distance but they stand out more because models are not flat and are just sharper.

Ok that makes sense. There's a reddit post about how to change the FOV to 90 degrees. I'll give that a try

Ok that makes sense. There's a reddit post about how to change the FOV to 90 degrees. I'll give that a try

Can you link that to me?

Oh yeah. I cant get it to work for some reason. I follow every step and nothing changes when I launch the game.

I got it to work but with different steps.

1) The Engine.ini file was located in C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

2) You have to add 2 lines at the end of the Engine.ini file.  The reddit post displayed the 2 lines as 1 line.

[/script/Engine.LocalPlayer]

AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

I didn't have to set the file to read only but it may be necessary. I didn't really like the effect. It felt too fish-eyed to me.

My entire Engine.ini file looked like this:

[Core.System]Paths=../../../Engine/ContentPaths=../../../Squad/ContentPaths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/ContentPaths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Experimental/CharacterAI/ContentPaths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/LeapMotionController/Content[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Has anyone else been having a hard time seeing the opposing forces?  Have you been able to adjust anything that improves your ability to see them?

I can be taking fire and never see where it is coming from.  Someone can call out a target and I just can't see anything.  Seems the only time I can actually see them is at very close quarters or through the ACOG site when on U.S.  I've been tweaking my graphics this way and that to try and improve my ability to pick out targets, but it's been pretty ineffective so far.  

lol. This ain't derittofield4. Just saying. It's also alpha and not yet optimised. And no to dorritos. <_< This is suppose to be a somewhat simulation of war. If the squad leader and your teammates are effective they should be yelling out targets and telling you co-ordinates. No to dorritos thank you very much. Some of the arcade suggestions are slowly starting to creep up in this forum. Please contain yourselves from posting any BF suggestions or hinting of any arcade nonsense.

1) The Engine.ini file was located in C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

2) You have to add 2 lines at the end of the Engine.ini file.  The reddit post displayed the 2 lines as 1 line.

I didn't have to set the file to read only but it may be necessary. I didn't really like the effect. It felt too fish-eyed to me.

[Core.System]Paths=../../../Engine/ContentPaths=../../../Squad/ContentPaths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/ContentPaths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Experimental/CharacterAI/ContentPaths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/LeapMotionController/Content[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

jesus christ, thank you Sand. ive been trying to figure this out for the past day and a half. i didnt see anyone post the correct file path in that reddit thread.

lol. This ain't derittofield4. Just saying. It's also alpha and not yet optimised. And no to dorritos. <_< This is suppose to be a somewhat simulation of war. If the squad leader and your teammates are effective they should be yelling out targets and telling you co-ordinates. No to dorritos thank you very much. Some of the arcade suggestions are slowly starting to creep up in this forum. Please contain yourselves from posting any BF suggestions or hinting of any arcade nonsense.

Yeah, so no where in my post did I make mention of BF4 or Dorritos there hero.  Didn't make any suggestions to dumb down or arcade style the game either.  Go cry about BF4 somewhere else.  I was talking about Squad and a graphics issue on my end I'm t-shooting.  Don't be a Potato man, damn.  

As for the assistance some of the rest of you gave, thanks.  Disabling AA helped a little.  It's still not as good for me as it is for some of the others I've read about.  

i do wonder if there is an invisibility bug /// amount of times i have been in a fob.. nobody there on me jack.. boom instant 1 shot kill.. and no idea where it came from and it's loud so they are very close. 

If you believe you have found an exploit and have solid proof of it please send the information to the Dev team, if there are players exploiting a bug in the game make sure you contact the admins ASAP.

I have a difficult time tracking American's when they start to move through foliage, but it seems Taliban prefer style over camouflage I swear most of my kills are guys wearing white. Even when your eyes adjust to how players "contrast" against the background it can still be very difficult to judge if that's an outline of a guy holding a weapon or the edge of a bush/tree. I believe the foliage and camouflage systems work very nicely together at present, I've gone prone to let an few enemies walk by me for free kills. Remember to check bushes, they are really good at concealing prone people.

You shouldn't be able to visually tell who's who at range, especially if prone or obscured by foliage. A combination of checking the map, sounds of the fire and optics (if you have) should be enough to negate the issue. If you're continually getting shot at range, try moving more carefully- Don't be afraid to take the long way round.

Yeah, so no where in my post did I make mention of BF4 or Dorritos there hero.  Didn't make any suggestions to dumb down or arcade style the game either.  Go cry about BF4 somewhere else.  I was talking about Squad and a graphics issue on my end I'm t-shooting.  Don't be a Potato man, damn.  

As for the assistance some of the rest of you gave, thanks.  Disabling AA helped a little.  It's still not as good for me as it is for some of the others I've read about.  

Yeah I know sorry about that. I was just future referring to some other post's about some of the suggestions about adding this adding that. I do apologise as you are right you did not mention anything about other games but I still stand about no dorrittos lol.  :lol:

If you believe you have found an exploit and have solid proof of it please send the information to the Dev team, if there are players exploiting a bug in the game make sure you contact the admins ASAP.

I have a difficult time tracking American's when they start to move through foliage, but it seems Taliban prefer style over camouflage I swear most of my kills are guys wearing white. Even when your eyes adjust to how players "contrast" against the background it can still be very difficult to judge if that's an outline of a guy holding a weapon or the edge of a bush/tree. I believe the foliage and camouflage systems work very nicely together at present, I've gone prone to let an few enemies walk by me for free kills. Remember to check bushes, they are really good at concealing prone people.

Sometimes when you're moving toward an horizon my eyes trick me and I think I am looking at infantry crouching....  -_-

DO NOT USE THE BELOW .INI ANYMORE IT WILL BREAK YOUR GAME SINCE WE NOW HAVE A FOV SLIDER.