Navelstreng

My feedback of the latest build so far

Hey guys! First let me start off to say you're doing a great job so far! I mean, still alpha but I'm having so much fun playing this game. Had some great matches tonight.

The sounds are really great. I immediately get sucked into it. When the shooting starts there's chaos, and i like that. The Voip radio effect is really immersive .

I would like to sum up a few bugs that I come across now and then. Just want to put it out there.

-No foodstep sounds while sprinting and holding medpack/bandages as a medic

-Spawning on FOB immediately after death while FOB or RP was spawnable

-I've been in "Death screen" while unable to spawn while spawnpoint was selected and spawnable, but there was no countdown

-Guns sometimes go invisible

-Killed enemy's keep lying in prone position

And playing as a medic it's hard to see who's wounded. Right know, someone calls a medic. Medic presses enter, look for the name  and location of the wounded and goes and safe them. I would like to see some form of indication on the map, or maby a (blinking) + sign on the compass. And also the "sweet spot" to heal someone is way to small. Often I'm trying my mouse on the right spot, and being killed in that process a number of times, so pleeease fix that:) I'm sure you guys will.

Keep up the good work!

I agree with the sweet spot as you called it being to small. Especially noticeable if the casualties are prone. I had a lot of issues with it personally.

yes i hade this medic thing 2, very hard to fix ppl up, as soon as they start the move you hafe to tell them to stop :) 

and i still want the medic to not need to stop the bleed on the person he is healing. 

seems wierd that a medic just make the healing take longer, it just feels like a extra step. 

taking out the bandage 30 sec then healing 30 sec 

just let me heal for 60 sec 

remove the extra step, and have the medic just have the revive IPEN instead :) 

60 seconds to revive some one... Seems like a bit of an exaggeration. The system works perfectly it's just players need to learn to hold still.

60 seconds to revive some one... Seems like a bit of an exaggeration. The system works perfectly it's just players need to learn to hold still.

60 seconds is a definite exaggeration. also willing to bet the guys he was trying to heal weren't sitting still.

60 seconds is a definite exaggeration. also willing to bet the guys he was trying to heal weren't sitting still.

I mostly played medic the weekend and I did scream "stand still!" quit often :P

I mostly played medic the weekend and I did scream "stand still!" quit often :P

just like my medic experiences in PR lolol

Iam really looking forward for "drag" wounded player. It will be really really really useful when it comes :) 

The medic thing is really annoyin yes.
i also had that u couldent spawn when death no countdown timer!
i had to click on the spawnpoint for alot of times with the mouse before even spawning when that happens

Iam really looking forward for "drag" wounded player. It will be really really really useful when it comes :)

I'm apprehensive about it. I haven't found too many situations so far in which i've felt the one thing I really needed as a medic in a situation would be the ability of myself or my teammates to drag our wounded back. But we'll see. 

PR experience tells me that dragging will be critical part of reviving.

Elaborate? Im genuinely curious

I like putting my medics to work. Casualties are inevitable, but if I can keep my men up I can keep the pressure on.

Smoke is concealment, but cover stops bullets. If my medic can toss a smoke, then a rifleman drags a body back into cover, then things are much better than being partially concealed and coverless.

Other situations are when we're getting semi-accurate ranged fire, where mobility is what keeps you alive. One guy goes down and there's no reviving on an empty hill when someone's pickin at you.

Dragging is an opportunity to solve that problem. It certainly wont solve them all however, but I expect it to be extremely useful.

Elaborate? Im genuinely curious

I think he mean somebody will be under fire :) 

I'm apprehensive about it. I haven't found too many situations so far in which i've felt the one thing I really needed as a medic in a situation would be the ability of myself or my teammates to drag our wounded back. But we'll see. 

I found. For example when granadier hit somebody behind wall. You could take wounded in safer area. 

Revive in safer area. Wher wounded have time to stay alive in next half minute. 

Sometime drag and just retrieve by backdoor to join your friendly units can safe both much better than stay and try revive (most often situation) 

I've been in several situations where I'd put the dragging system in to use. I was shot in front of a doorway. If someone threw smoke and drag me to a safer place to further heal would have safed me

All  of you guys have given me glaringly obvious examples that I should've been able to realize on my own, lol. I suppose being without the mechanic has just forced me to make due without it and so I haven't given it much thought. I'm very excited to see it implemented!

I guess with that feature a bit more depth medic system will come, so maybe bandaging takes longer or you need something extra before getting your guys up?! We will see, but I already love playing medic so much since the latest build! :)

You kidding me? I'm going to make the replaceable rifleman run out of the compounds to drag people in while I sit in the safety of my building. :P

Not to mention the times I wanted to pull a body off a corner of an outer wall or a body out of a doorway back into a compound, it'll be fun.

You kidding me? I'm going to make the replaceable rifleman run out of the compounds to drag people in while I sit in the safety of my building. :P

Not to mention the times I wanted to pull a body off a corner of an outer wall or a body out of a doorway back into a compound, it'll be fun.

I'm all for this. Makes no sense to send a very valuable asset out in harms way. Would spice things up a bit thou.

I was curious about supply trucks. I thought I read hear that they wouldn't be utilized but yesterday a fresh face to the scene said there wouldn't be any. I'd like to see them implemented at least in some small part.

I was curious about supply trucks. I thought I read hear that they wouldn't be utilized but yesterday a fresh face to the scene said there wouldn't be any. I'd like to see them implemented at least in some small part.

Can you elaborate? Not sure what you are asking here.

We absolutely will have logistic trucks, the Ural is already modeled and the US logi is almost complete...

We absolutely will have logistic trucks, the Ural is already modeled and the US logi is almost complete...

Truck simulator in Squad. Naaaaaiissss :P

Using trucks to bring in supplies to build FOB's, bring ammo, etc.  Sorry.  Didn't think I needed to be specific.   :P

Using trucks to bring in supplies to build FOB's, bring ammo, etc.  Sorry.  Didn't think I needed to be specific.   :P

Nope, was just confused where you could have possibly gotten the notion we wouldn't be doing that.

Yes, vehicles will play a huge role in the resources of your team, this includes base building and ammunition resupply of troops and bases.