Sign in to follow this  
Svor

AR15 without carryhandle?

I was just wondering if there will be a option to choose between carryhandle iron sights and iron sights without the carryhandle? Its not that important at all, but if i'm in a close quarter situasion i would like to use the ar15 without the carryhandle for a little bit more vision and it also looks really cool. 

Carry handles aren't even in use in actual combat anymore. Some carry it around if for whatever reason they don't have a flip up BUIS. Only the navy uses something remotely similar on their mk18 mod0's, and those only have the sight portion with the "handle" cut off.

I was just wondering if there will be a option to choose between carryhandle iron sights and iron sights without the carryhandle? Its not that important at all, but if i'm in a close quarter situasion i would like to use the ar15 without the carryhandle for a little bit more vision and it also looks really cool.

I think the devs said something about the M4 model being a placeholder?

That is not an AR 15 mate! Its an M4!

The AR15 is the "family" that the weapon belongs to, also making the M16 an AR15. Same with the L85 and L86 being part of the SA80 "family".

But isnt the AR 15 only the m16?! I always thought it was... but then again I not a huge weapon expert

No, because they are essentially the same weapon system but with a different barrel length and trigger grouping depending on the variant. Therefore they are both classed as AR15's.

(and yes I am a gun nerd )