so as you can see from the title i have been thinking about adding bunkers or better cover in general such as HESCO barriers as assets which can be deployed in FOBs. the reason for that is there have been many times in PR where i have seen super FOB's in PR being completely annihilated by mortars or rocket fire because all the cover they usually have is just a small walls of sandbags. in addition to that most FOBs aren't built under solid cover.

IRL Fobs would probably have bunkers, and i am saying probably since i don't serve but from pictures having a build-able bunker isn't far fetched and could be very useful when pummeled by mortars. they could also maybe be built only by an engineer (been on several threads trying to make engineers useful) and maybe require an extra crate to build heavier fortifications. they won't be on god mode of course.

what are your thoughts.

Yep, like someone else said, we need this system: rally points, COPs, FOBs, and main bases.

COPs (command outposts) should be what FOBs in PR are, FOBs should only be buildable by engineers (plus what you said), while main bases are as they are in PR.

Well, emplacements in general need to be waaaay sturdier than they are currently in PR. Tank obstacles that can be destroyed by tanks aren't tank obstacles...

There does need to be more assets, and sturdier.  Too many times a sandbag wall or foxhole gets destroyed by grenades in PR.  Or all statics get destroyed with one mortar round.  You definitely aren't going to have your stuff survive after 20 mortars, but at least 2 or 3.

Back in the good ol' days of PR. FOB's did used to be big fully defendable bunkers, the current looking FOB was only made the standard after 0.8 or thereabouts. There used to be a system wherein within 100m of the cap point the FOB would automatically be the bunker. Further out than this it would be the tent like one currently used. If memory serves me well. I think the general reason was because those bunkers with a single door were just too damn difficult to destroy, an individual could wait inside and waste anyone coming inside to get the radio. If you made them too sturdy then they can be exploited, pushed right up to the line and essentially creating another cap point (i think there's a game mode centered around this concept already) HESCO as a deployable also did used to be in PR and i'm all for slowing the game down to post 0.9 levels but like i say, its a careful balace.

If enemy presense around a FOB bunker was greater than allied presense then it would no longer be spawnable. If the enemy gets rid of all allied presence, they can then take over the bunker as their own.

Maybe they would have to defend the FOB for a minute or two before they can use it and another minute or two more before it goes spawnable.

It would also be interesting if enemy kits could be used with a reduction in accuracy or power of x percent. The same would go for vehicles except heavy assets. 

In the case of heavy assets, if this is to be implemented, because enemy x doesn't know how to use an APC or tank or w/e, the controls would be randomized so that it's more difficult to control.

Eg. Allied + APC, W = Forward. Enemy + APC, S = Forward

well originally i did not intend it to be spawn able since my problem is with lack of cover, not the sturdiness of a fob. but i guess it makes sense.