IrishLenny

Medic - carry or drag wounded

I hope its not just medics who can do it . I hope anyone can drag a player into cover so medics can get them up :-)

Yeah I never really thought of that. That would be cool to implement as well.

As for the OP dragging is confirmed :) [atm I think devs want it to be just medics but that can (and probably will) change]

It will be a useful feature. The Medic has a weird effect in that no one ever seems to cover him, for some reason people seem to get distracted or lose concentration when the medic is revving another player, i've seen entire Squads get wiped this way.

is there something like a planned timeline when the new animation system is due?

like planned for 4th quartal 2016 or 1st quartal 2017?

This would simply be *awesome* if dev's were able to implement this feature. And I don't think it should be limited to just medics, but for any squad member to do in order to save his buddy from further harm or to help him reach a nearby medic more easily. 

In some situations, it may be more practical to have another squad member risk his life to drag his comrade out than the medic, whom could easily get hit and allow the entire Squad to wipe over it.

I want to drag the bodies of an enemy squad that I just killed with my bare hands and hide them so the other enemies don't get suspicious ;D

But yea, let us all drag/carry at least friendlies.

Edited by LionRock

I'd be happy with bodies not actually moving for the time being. If you could drag them and then revive right now there is no telling where they'll be so you can completely heal them.

1 hour ago, LionRock said:

I want to drag the bodies of an enemy squad that I just killed with my bare hands and hide them so the other enemies don't get suspicious ;D

But yea, let us all drag/carry at least friendlies.

They will become suspicious when the incap-marker just started moving ;)

1 hour ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Hopefully someone being dragged can be shot again to be completely dead.

I don't see why. You can't kill someone incapacitated currently so why should you just because they're being dragged. Better to shoot the person doing the dragging. They might be the squad medic. If not you've just doubled his workload.

I think this needs freelook either first or at least at the same time. Dragging a body and not being able to look around would make for shitty gameplay feel.

Or just make the character turn the dragged body aswell, like in ArmA 3. (or make the whole  medic character turn around without the dragged body turning)