IrOnTaXi

Alpha map - Logar valley - Overview image

When you release the game will mappers be able to use the statics that are in the game already, like with PR:BF2? I bought UE4 but now I noticed it comes with almost no objects in the content browser:(

Download the free projects and load one of them up.

Right click on the asset folder, select Migrate and choose your Project Folder and save it in content.

Download the free projects and load one of them up.

Right click on the asset folder, select Migrate and choose your Project Folder and save it in content.

Ah thanks, can you give me a link? I can't find the free projects..

hows this.

Demographics and Terrain

The Hindu Kush Mountains dominate the terrain of the northern and western parts of the province framing the nearby Safed Koh Mountains that pierce into the Logar valley.

Logar Province is located in eastern Afghanistan. The Spin Ghar range also known as the Safed Koh spans the east and south of the province. Agriculture is the main income for the population in Logar, with irrigated fields, gardens, and cropland,  with the population and agricultural centers clustered in the thin “Green Zone” in the valley floors and the typically barren rocky, rugged terrain of the surrounding dasht. The Logar river eventually flows into the Kabul river valley. The Kabul river valley, its center at Jalalabad, and the Khyber Pass form a crucial strategic and economic corridor connecting Kabul with Peshawar and then Pakistan.

Cool!

sorry.. totally missed this write up. love lore. 

Hey guys, first of all good job on the map so far, I really like it so far but I have a question.

To me personally the big red containers seem out of place, I dont think they belong in this map, or atleast in this town. If you add them with a specific reason wouldnt it be better to make some kind of wooden shed that store wooden logs, or something like that? Something with the same proportions but just a different model that fits better with the overall feel?

Check out Level Zero Heroes/Infil_Exfil:

Joint operation with MSOT 8222 (MARSOC, Marine Corps), ODA (Army Special Forces) and ANA Commandos.

Check out Level Zero Heroes/ Infil_Exfil:

A movie about a joint operation with MSOT 8222 (MARSOC, Marine Corps), ODA (Army Special Forces) and ANA Commandos. You may find a bit of inspiration regarding compounds, structures etc.

Can night time look somthing like this:

Posted Image

Not overly dark and with shadows based on the moon position and specially no fog please...  

This is a great example of what the night could look:

On Stalker, a game from 2007 the The clouds and the moon affects visibility in its full day/night cycles and dynamic weather. It is increadible how no game has been able to reproduce these effects in more than 6 years!

The foliage looks very realistic and natural, also with the dirt road being a lighter color than the surrounding dirt. I like it.

very very doable.  been doing it a bit already.. its great.. pop down when you see someone.. pop up and boom 

Time to mine the poppy fields.

Good. Its our current test play map and is mostly done.

It has been modified pretty heavily recently with some additions to our asset library and we anticipate modifying it a bit more.

New screen shots are on the way. :)