IrOnTaXi

Alpha map - Logar valley - Overview image

mm. I can't recall. Were it yes or no. I tried to go through the thread and everything is Wip constantly.

We are exploring ways to prevent gamma and brightness "exploiting".

Have you have considered using DEMs (Digital elevation Models)?

We did for kohat and we generally do use elevation data as a base and then run it through world machine. 

Sexy night Logar. Shadow coming through a curtain = absolutely epic!

assassin-in-the-night_720.jpg

That was one of my favorite parts of watching the stream! Love those little details!

After watching a few videos on Logar Valley,it would be so cool if we could have "Moonlight" implemented,I mean that bluish crisp light and shadows,it would be awesome!... :)

That video right there is VERY old, we have updated the recoil and sway like 3 times since then :P

ok i undestand ...cool

i know this is not a arcade game, this is a simulation fps, but I hope to find a good experience with (iron sight + low or medium recoil + short shot fire) =  fun and good gameplay to us.

ok i undestand ...cool

i know this is not a arcade game, this is a simulation fps, but I hope to find a good experience with (iron sight + low or medium recoil + short shot fire) =  fun and good gameplay to us.

Squad is not a simulation.

I don't think a dev has ever actually stated it or put it into words on a forum anywhere.

It gets compared to ArmA because they want a more serious, 'realistic' depiction of line infantry combat and combined arms; but it's not ArmA and Squad isn't trying to be ArmA.

so just as a reminder: Squad is not a military simulator.

Squad is not a simulation.

I don't think a dev has ever actually stated it or put it into words on a forum anywhere.

It gets compared to ArmA because they want a more serious, 'realistic' depiction of line infantry combat and combined arms; but it's not ArmA and Squad isn't trying to be ArmA.

so just as a reminder: Squad is not a military simulator.

Also ARMA tries to be a simulator but sometimes its just... to clunky to be one. I played alot of arma in a comminuty/clan and still do but i think that PR(an in the future squad) does some things alot better then ARMA, they overcomplicate the most simple stuff.

Oh my word! The sheer eargasmic sound I'm going to get during full scale firefights in that central valley. So glad I've got a cracking pair of cans for this; can't wait to get fully immersed with bullets cracking into the mountains  :wub:

Its been stated several times that Squad isn't a simulator. The devs are trying to fill that middle ground between milsim & arcade game. The perfect combination of both but neither. I agree there was too much muzzle blast in that vid but like they said its been refined multiple times since then.

For those of you having difficulty understanding the map, I changed up the lighting a little. Hope it helps.

e1Jhskj.jpg?1

Awesome :) like the direction of this, never done anything on UE4, is it relatively easy to get topography into the editor (if there is an editor?).