IrOnTaXi

Alpha map - Logar valley - Overview image

Just a very quick overhead shot to get an idea of the map scales we will be working on. I have included no references or markers of any kind.. just something to look at. ;)Posted ImageCheers!

Looks quite big indeed. How large is this' date=' Iron?[/quote']8km2 of terrain with maybe 50% of that active... maybe a little more. ill update the map here tonight give you guys a bigger overview of the full scope.

and the larger map i promised.the green circles will be fully developed areas for the public alpha while the red areas will be reserved for future full scale map with more vehicles and assets.Posted Image

Adding the field system right now.VERY NOICE....also notice the terrain has an underlaying colour map for variations..Things are shaping up.. ;)This is a new area of the map on the suburbs of the main town. Posted Image

new screens shot with hills raised and all the crop fields placed. This will be the infantry alpha map so we are keeping it tight enough to be fun with 25 or so players and still support 60 or so. Posted Image

thats looking really sexy IronTaxi :)

you guys.. the crop system is amazing.. we will experiment with a 5km map in next few weeks and see what we can really do with it.cause there MIGHT be vechicles quick in the pipe here.......

Maps are looking awesome man.

Keep up the good work

thanks!  keep encouraging us.. 

we basically built everything in their from scratch over last 6 months. been some hard learning

The map is already looking realy realy cool, i cant wait to test this myself, can you say anything about the performance yet? Like on what maschines (Hardware wise) was the filmed video running on?

We're designing our game around handling performance. Right now I can get at least 60 fps in the town area, but constant 100fps outside. It boils down to reducing the amount of drawcalls (which we have a custom system we developed to deal help deal with that), and reducing the overdraw from the transparent meshes (ie vegitation).

We're designing our game around handling performance. Right now I can get at least 60 fps in the town area, but constant 100fps outside. It boils down to reducing the amount of drawcalls (which we have a custom system we developed to deal help deal with that), and reducing the overdraw from the transparent meshes (ie vegitation).

If you don't mind answering, what specs are you running? I'd be interested in seeing what sort of processing power this is needing. :)

Yeah sure.

CPU: Core I7 4770K

Motherboard: Asus Z79M

RAM: 16GB DDR3 2300mhz

GPU: GTX 780TI

HDD: 2 1TB HDD

Operating System: WIN 8.1

If you don't mind answering, what specs are you running? I'd be interested in seeing what sort of processing power this is needing. :)

I would also like to know this, considering I'm going to be buying a gaming PC for this game (and other TFPS's).

CPU: Core I7 3770K

Motherboard: Asus Z78M

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1300mhz

GPU: GTX 560TI

HDD: 2 1TB HDD in raid, and 1 128 ssd

Operating System: WIN 7