Gurman

Clan tags

36 posts in this topic

if this is an option in-game I have not yet found it...

However currently your steam name is used, it would be great to be able to set a prefix with a restricted number of characters so that you could show your affiliation to a clan or group.

Is this something that is planned or discussed before (cannot find anything obvious)?

I always thought the BF2 limit of 6 characters for a clan tag was just right. I wonder what the Squad devs will set it to.

I always thought the BF2 limit of 6 characters for a clan tag was just right. I wonder what the Squad devs will set it to.

Squad] 

xD

When I'm playing medic (probably 60% of my game time) it is hard enough to read names of people as they are running away toward bullets and I'm trying to tell them they are almost dead. If they add in clan tags I hope they will do it in such a way that doesn't make the names even harder to read in an instant. 

I would love it if names of people who are injured would get larger in the view for medics. I've been killed lots of times as I try to get a view of someone's name while taking fire. 

Just bumping this to see if we are going to be able to add a prefix (clan tag) inside the game instead of on our steam name

Since they're already running steam names there shouldn't be an issue getting steam groups as well, right?

Counterstrike GO has this system where you select a steam group from your options that you're a part of and it displays the group as your prefix while playing.

In DefaultGameUserSettings.ini

[Player]NamePrefix="";Ex. NamePrefix="SQ " or NamePrefix=CIA

It's not working yet though but definately coming sooner or later.

In DefaultGameUserSettings.ini

[Player]NamePrefix="";Ex. NamePrefix="SQ " or NamePrefix=CIA
It's not working yet though but definately coming sooner or later.
awesum

I don't see what the problem is by using steam to get your desired clan tag ingame?

On some other games you might have another clan, with a different tag. Having to buy the game again just to have another clan-tag is plain dumb.

I don't see what the problem is by using steam to get your desired clan tag ingame?

It's sloppy, and what if I forget to change my name back from xXxJaunDeags420xXx when I play CSGO?

On some other games you might have another clan, with a different tag. Having to buy the game again just to have another clan-tag is plain dumb.

Are you unfamiliar with how steam clan tags work? It takes your current joined groups and allows you to set your prefix to represent any of them and change it at any time. Why the hell would you have to buy another copy?

Are you unfamiliar with how steam clan tags work? It takes your current joined groups and allows you to set your prefix to represent any of them and change it at any time. Why the hell would you have to buy another copy?

Because I'm saying that games which don't support these tags are simply annoying.

Because I'm saying that games which don't support these tags are simply annoying.

Like Squad? You've lost me.

Not sure what you're up to. I would like this feature anyhow.

What I'm getting at is Squad already uses steam names. That's great. Simple.

Since they're already grabbing names through steam I'm sure it's not much different to grab steam groups the person is currently in.

One of my steam groups is RO2Kommando. Say I wanted to use that if Squad used the same feature Counterstrike does.

I'd go into the Squad menu, click that I'd like to show my tag from a steam group, click RO2Kommando from my list of groups and tada. I now have the tag displayed until I don't want to anymore.

I suggested that clan patches be used instead/in addition to as they are more catching, distinctive, and memorable than the text prefixes that often end up more as noise than anything else. It's part of my community building suggestion.

vkdPiTB.png

TBH I find these 16x16 or 20x20 pics hard to distinguish from one another and while you may argument that "you'll get used to them, because of the big clans spreading and being known well", there are enough small clans who don't feel represented enough by such a tiny undetailed logo and new people have a hard time to find these clans.

I prefer tags.

in-game clan patches are going to be available to any clan in the future, Irontaxi has confirmed this.

hopefully we see a basic steam integration so as to enable adding your tags in game and not having to put them on your steam name.

in-game clan patches are going to be available to any clan in the future, Irontaxi has confirmed this.

hopefully we see a basic steam integration so as to enable adding your tags in game and not having to put them on your steam name.

That's best case. Exciting.

Col. Ghost Here. I know I am a bit late to this but I can see a minor problem with bringing in steam group Tags. So I run two steam groups for both branches of Spectre Forces, and I do have one as my main. But the problem I might be able to see is other Steam groups can already have the tag that someone wants to use for Squad. Thus it would change the tage wanted by whoever is trying to run the clan. This posed a problem for myself and a few other clans that i work with.

Honestly I dont see a problem if they could just integrate a clan system in-game. It wouldnt need to be a complex one. But hey. If they want to go far with an in-game clan system....maybe they could make it so we could have a clan patch on the arm of your own player in-game distinguishing the clan. Nothing special other then a simple patch that the clan leader could put up for that. Honestly that would kinda be cool. Lol.

-Col. Ghost Out